The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Greenwood and Foden thrown off the team because of women in their hotel room. Who says Man U and Man City can't live together? :)

There`s a bunch of gorgeous Icelandic girls with their legs up on the mantelpiece, really gagging for it... what`s a millionaire representing his country in a bio-secure bubble during a pandemic gonna do?

I thought that was only in Trondheim. ;)

Poland 2 Bosnia 1 :ebert: It didn't start well. A bogus penalty kick given to the home side. However, two headers from Glik and Grosicki turned the game around. Now, with Lewandowski returning, we can hope to remain at the highest level in the Nations League.

Our boys were totally crap against Norway tonight. Embarrassing.

Haland is unbelievable. Wish you better luck with Bosnia in October.

We will need it - we are in poor shape at the minute
  • Like 1

It`s going to be a struggle without Michael O`Neill. It always felt like your good run was based on the inexplicable magic that is sometimes created by the right coach and players at the right time, rather than a so-called golden generation.
  • Like 1

It`s going to be a struggle without Michael O`Neill. It always felt like your good run was based on the inexplicable magic that is sometimes created by the right coach and players at the right time, rather than a so-called golden generation.

Yeah. We will always have a very limited squad but O'Neill seemed to be able to make those players punch above their weight. I am fully expecting a fairly bleak time in the next couple of years.
  • Like 1

Yeah. We will always have a very limited squad but O'Neill seemed to be able to make those players punch above their weight. I am fully expecting a fairly bleak time in the next couple of years.

First match I went to was England v NI @ Wembley, think it was `85 or `86, WC qualification maybe? Terrible 0-0. I think even I was singing "it`s a fix" and I was only 9.
  • Like 2

First match I went to was England v NI @ Wembley, think it was `85 or `86, WC qualification maybe? Terrible 0-0. I think even I was singing "it`s a fix" and I was only 9.

Did you get to see Germany vs Austria from World Cup '82?
  • Like 1

I missed that World Cup - hardly any real memories at all - but as a six year-old British boy, I would probably have been out cleaning chimneys. I`m sure Zepphead could wax lyrically about Gerry Armstrong at Espana 82 until we all drink ourselves to sleep. Schumacher attempting manslaughter on Didier Six...I feel like I remember that incident, due its unusually high level of violence.
  • Like 2

You mean the one where they just passed it around for 90 minutes like kids afraid to get their Sunday clothes dirty? The one where they knew a draw sent them both through? "It's a fix," indeed!

• Like 2

Hehehe November '85. 0-0 meant that both teams qualified for Mexico. 90 mins of unadulterated boredom.
  • Like 2

You mean the one where they just passed it around for 90 minutes like kids afraid to get their Sunday clothes dirty? The one where they knew a draw sent them both through? "It's a fix," indeed!

The funny thing is, it had to be a 1-0 win for Germany in order for both teams to advance. So, after Hrubesch scored in the 10th minute, they only passed it around for 80 minutes.
  • Like 2

Oh, I know the game you mean now! Am I misremembering or did someone have the audacity to score and then immediately have to concede? Or was that just a lot of AC Milan games in the 90s/almost any South American contest where they aren`t fighting.
  • Like 2

I missed that World Cup - hardly any real memories at all - but as a six year-old British boy, I would probably have been out cleaning chimneys. I`m sure Zepphead could wax lyrically about Gerry Armstrong at Espana 82 until we all drink ourselves to sleep. Schumacher attempting manslaughter on Didier Six...I feel like I remember that incident, due its unusually high level of violence.

Ah Gerry! Gerry Gerry Gerry Gerry Gerry!!!! .......goooaaaallllll !!!!
  • Like 1

Just for fun -

Man City

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Tottenham

Arsenal

Wolves

Leicester

Leeds

Everton

Sheff Utd

Burnley

Southampton

Newcastle

Fulham

Crystal Palace

Brighton

West Ham

West Brom

What about Chelsea? They're making a lot of moves...

Just for fun -

Man City

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Tottenham

Arsenal

Wolves

Leicester

Leeds

Everton

Sheff Utd

Burnley

Southampton

Newcastle

Fulham

Crystal Palace

Brighton

West Ham

West Brom

I`m not sure that their manager is good enough to get their players to a level above the others yet, whereas I don`t think Man Utd`s is quite bad enough to get their players below the others yet.
  • Like 2

Just for fun -

Man City

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Tottenham

Arsenal

Wolves

Leicester

Leeds

Everton

Sheff Utd

Burnley

Southampton

Newcastle

Fulham

Crystal Palace

Brighton

West Ham

West Brom

I`m not sure that their manager is good enough to get their players to a level above the others yet, whereas I don`t think Man Utd`s is quite bad enough to get their players below the others yet.

You don't like West Ham. How about Iron Maiden? ;)
  • Like 2

Liverpool

Man City

Chelsea

Wolverhampton

Man United

Tottenham Hotspur

Everton

Arsenal

Leeds

Southampton

Leicester