The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

I don't know how the Champions felt, but I watching from between my fingers, behind the couch! Scare, indeed. Leeds looked good, but that was some shaky defending in spots.

I watched them a lot over the last two seasons as my team started to wither, and can say without hyperbole that they played the greatest style of football ever seen by mankind :notworthy:

As a nostalgic type, I`d quite like Bale to return. But Spurs are probably the most notorious club for being linked to players they are really unlikely to sign.

Do you miss the Redknapp days, when there was no telling who'd be signed next?

As a nostalgic type, I`d quite like Bale to return. But Spurs are probably the most notorious club for being linked to players they are really unlikely to sign.

Do you miss the Redknapp days, when there was no telling who'd be signed next?

Good question. They were fun in a "we`ve got no plan" way and Levy was always waiting for the moment to sack him. It was an innocent time, when expectations were low, so yes, one misses the low anxiety level of those seasons.
  • Like 1

Spurs are rumored to get Regulion from Real Madrid and the Spaniards hope to unload Bale in the process. Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

Spurs are rumored to get Regulion from Real Madrid and the Spaniards hope to unload Bale in the process.

I don`t know much about him, but a decent LB is a good idea. We`ve been trying to find someone for that position for about three seasons to fill the Danny Rose void, which has always surprised me as he`s still at the club.
  • Like 1

Tottenham embarrassing itself in Plovdiv. Even the Bulgarian TV station put "1" in the Spurs column for about 30 seconds when Lokomotiv scored. :LOL:

Such a fuss made about qualifying too! It`s a very predictable result/performance :zzz:

Tottenham embarrassing itself in Plovdiv. Even the Bulgarian TV station put "1" in the Spurs column for about 30 seconds when Lokomotiv scored. :LOL:

Such a fuss made about qualifying too! It`s a very predictable result/performance :zzz:

Won a penalty and two men sent off in the time I took to post :scared:

The hand ball I understand. What was the second one for?

A little bonus for the ref?
  • Like 1

A little bonus for the ref?

I saw the stupid German give a red card to the bald guy, who wasn't the one who saved the goal with his hand. Then my feed stopped playing. When I got it back, he was giving the red card to the right guy, who was heading off the field anyway. :wacko:

So. It appears that Tottenham will have two of the world`s best footballers; one of the best stadiums and training grounds; a fine squad; and a manager with the most-bloated trophy cabinet.

Yet I feel certain that somehow, all this will add up to very little - but if we return to some on-pitch flair, well, that`ll be something.

• Like 1

Thiago Alcantara is moving from Bayern to Liverpool.

Maybe he's world-class, but at 28 years and 25 mil, I think we're overpaying.

Really? The word on the street seems more that you`re getting an absolute steal as he`s a player that will improve your squad, rather than just add a number. You only paid a little less for Lovren and the Ox, and Lallana cost more!

Really? The word on the street seems more that you`re getting an absolute steal as he`s a player that will improve your squad, rather than just add a number. You only paid a little less for Lovren and the Ox, and Lallana cost more!

Lovren and Lallana were bad deals (as it turns out)!

Maybe I'm being pessimistic; there's always some tang of desperation buy for a deal like this, long pursued and closed in the dying days of the window, but if you (and the street) are right, then I'll be happy to be wrong.

Lovren and Lallana were bad deals (as it turns out)!

Maybe I'm being pessimistic; there's always some tang of desperation buy for a deal like this, long pursued and closed in the dying days of the window, but if you (and the street) are right, then I'll be happy to be wrong.

Klopp said he things Thiago was the best player in the Bundesliga this past season. So there's that...
  • Like 1