1. 1. Favorite?

• Entre Nous
    • Vital Signs
    • Digital Man
    • The Body Electric
    • Middletown Dreams
    • Lock And Key
    • Available Light

Tough choice ..... today Middletown Dreams but that could change tomorrow! A testament to strength in depth in the Rush catalogue.

Vital Signs.

Entre Nous would come close but it's a 70s song. The rest of the field is pretty weak.

From Permanent Waves, "Entre Nous (Between Us)" has been my third favorite song. From Moving Pictures, and Signals, "Vital Signs", and "Digital Man" have been my second favorite songs. From Power Windows, and Presto, "Middletown Dreams" is tied for second, and third favorite, and "Available Light" is my favorite. In a slight edge over "Digital Man", I've picked, and chosen "Vital Signs". Edited by Derek19

PERMANENT WAVES IS A 70S ALBUM!

And Entre Nous is a 70s song, but for the technical purposes of this poll I'll toss it my vote.

Not a weak one in the bunch.

You don't mind the chorus in "The Body Electric"?

Nope. Never thought twice about it.

Me neither. Always strange to me that people seem to like to whine about the chorus to TBE just because it's in binary, but no one thinks the morse code at the start of YYZ is tacky enough to whine about, let alone the near-wordless chorus of Between Sun And Moon.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Me neither. Always strange to me that people seem to like to whine about the chorus to TBE just because it's in binary, but no one thinks the morse code at the start of YYZ is tacky enough to whine about, let alone the near-wordless chorus of Between Sun And Moon.

Chorus in TBE just sounds silly.

1 0 0 1 0 0 1

SOS

1 0 0 1 0 0 1

In distress

1 0 0 1 0 0

1 0 0 1 0 0 1

SOS

1 0 0 1 0 0 1

In distress

1 0 0 1 0 0

And Cygnus X-1 doesn't? The Trees? By-Tor and The Snow Dog? The end of 2112? It's all silly, lol. TBE just has the guts to put that silliness into a standard new-wave song.

• Like 1

Nope, musically PeW belongs to the 80's! Music has much more in common with Moving Pictures than Hemispheres.

Ain't nothing 80s about Jacob' Ladder or Natural Science to me.

1 0 0 1 0 0 1

SOS

1 0 0 1 0 0 1

In distress

1 0 0 1 0 0

And Cygnus X-1 doesn't? The Trees? By-Tor and The Snow Dog? The end of 2112? It's all silly, lol.

:goodone:
  • Like 2

Nope, musically PeW belongs to the 80's! Music has much more in common with Moving Pictures than Hemispheres.

Both songs have a bit of new wave influence and they sound vastly different from pretty much all 70's songs.

Edited by Texas King

Both songs have a bit of new wave influence and they sound vastly different from pretty much all 70's songs.

I don't hear a lick of new wave in Jacob's Ladder, lol. I could almost see some new wave in the middle section of Natural Science, but otherwise they are products of adding more advanced synths and punchier production to the 70s through and through.