8. The Return Of St. Cecilia

9. Stand And Fight

10. Florida Man

11. The Alchemist

12. Secret Road

13. There’s A Crime

14. Fight

• Like 1

In case no one knows, and did want to, Blue Oyster Cult's previous, and last studio release was in 2001 called "Curse of the Hidden Mirror". I haven't heard anything about their latest "the Symbol Remains", yet. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

I remember a month or so ago I said I was going to try some albums from them for the first time. Should I just start right with their first album or are there certain ones I should hear first?

I think you should try Secret Treaties and Fire of Unknown Origin.

• Like 2

I remember a month or so ago I said I was going to try some albums from them for the first time. Should I just start right with their first album or are there certain ones I should hear first?

I think you should try Secret Treaties and Fire of Unknown Origin.

I think FoUO is their best studio album.

Just finished listening to Secret Treaties for the first time and nothing really grabbed me until the last two songs. Decent rock but nothing too special about it overall.

I would have suggested you start with Some Enchanted Evening. Like Cheap Trick, the Kinks and Frampton, IMO that live album is actually their best work.

Regarding the current reality, this Blue Oyster Cult song comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T72-ccjq5wE

Might well be my favorite song of theirs. The pisser is that they do it at times live but it so happens that the like 6 FUKKING TIMES I'VE SEEN THEM they have never done it.

Just finished listening to Secret Treaties for the first time and nothing really grabbed me until the last two songs. Decent rock but nothing too special about it overall.

I would have suggested you start with Some Enchanted Evening. Like Cheap Trick, the Kinks and Frampton, IMO that live album is actually their best work.

Fantastic album. Saw the tour in Spokane. It was as good as the album. Their peak imo.

• Like 1

BOC are not everyone's cup of tea .... I grew with them which probably makes it easier to appreciate them. They have a bit of diversity in terms of the quality of some of their

output which makes it tricky if you are diving in for the first time!

For me personally there are a few albums i go back to time and time again -

Blue Oyster Cult - fave tracks Transmaniacon MC, Then Came The Last Days of May, Stairway To The Stars, Cities On Fame With RnR. Great first album with some heavy stuff.

Tyranny & Mutation - fave tracks Hot Rails To Hell, 7 Screaming Diz-Busters. Another solid hard rocking album.

Secret Treaties - fave tracks all of it. My favourite of their albums. The double whammy of Flaming Telepaths and Astronomy is a killer album ending. One of my top albums of all time.

Fire of Unknown Origin - fave tracks Burnin' For You, Sole Survivor and the epically wierd yet cool Joan Crawford. Their form had dipped at the end of the '70s but this and the previous release were a return to form.

Imaginos - fave tracks Del Rio's Song, Astronomy (reworked), Blue Oyster Cult. The Imaginos concept was hinted at on Secret Treaties but given its head here. In my view the last 'great' BOC album and worth exploring.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

BOC are not everyone's cup of tea .... I grew with them which probably makes it easier to appreciate them. They have a bit of diversity in terms of the quality of some of their

Blue Oyster Cult - fave tracks Transmaniacon MC, Then Came The Last Days of May, Stairway To The Stars, Cities On Fame With RnR. Great first album with some heavy stuff.

Tyranny & Mutation - fave tracks Hot Rails To Hell, 7 Screaming Diz-Busters. Another solid hard rocking album.

Secret Treaties - fave tracks all of it. My favourite of their albums. The double whammy of Flaming Telepaths and Astronomy is a killer album ending. One of my top albums of all time.

Fire of Unknown Origin - fave tracks Burnin' For You, Sole Survivor and the epically wierd yet cool Joan Crawford. Their form had dipped at the end of the '70s but this and the previous release were a return to form.

Imaginos - fave tracks Del Rio's Song, Astronomy (reworked), Blue Oyster Cult. The Imaginos concept was hinted at on Secret Treaties but given its head here. In my view the last 'great' BOC album and worth exploring.

FVXXMlP.jpg

• Like 2

FVXXMlP.jpg

Hi Vis Metal!!
  • Like 1

Listened to Agents Of Fortune and Fire Of Unknown Origin. What an extremely ok sounding band. They don't do anything wrong but don't really do anything that stands out much either. They're just ok.

guess you chose "on your knees" ;)

Listened to Agents Of Fortune and Fire Of Unknown Origin. What an extremely ok sounding band. They don't do anything wrong but don't really do anything that stands out much either. They're just ok.

and submission!

and submission!

This could be the metal album of the century.

• Like 1

and submission!

This could be the metal album of the century.

I am trying to manage my expectations.

Huge BOC fan here!

I enjoy their debut, Tyranny and Mutation, Mirrors and Imaginos the most.

BOC is anything but an ordinary band. Their sound and lyrics are so unique.

This! I can't hear anything "ordinary" about them!