Music you like that others would laugh at?

Rhyta

Goose (Allen), I don't know if you've seen, and heard this, but "the Dixie Chicks" have renamed their band, and group, now, by dropping the name "Dixie", and named themselves "the Chicks". Talking about band, and group name changing because of racism related, another one, who did the same thing is "Lady Antebellum" by dropping the name "Antebellum", and named themselves "Lady A.". Leanne, I've liked Richard Marx, and used to listen to him more before. When I first started listening to music, other artists, bands, and groups I listened to were: the Partridge Family, Donny & Marie, Sonny & Cher, the Monkees, and Barry Manilow, too. I like, and enjoy listening to Coldplay. Edited by Derek19

Goose (Allen), I don't know if you've seen, and heard this, but "the Dixie Chicks" have renamed their band, and group, now, by dropping the name "Dixie", and named their band, and group "the Chicks". Talking about band, and group name changing because of racism related, another one, who did the same thing is "Lady Antebellum" by dropping the name "Antebellum", and named their band, and group "Lady A.". Leanne, I've liked Richard Marx, and used to listen to him more before.

No surprise that in today's political climate that Richard can keep "Marx". ;)
  • Like 2

Oh I almost forgot:

Coldplay

Screw the haters, they're one of the greatest bands of the 21st century. Songwriting geniuses with beautiful arrangements. If you gave me the choice to listen to either them or Radiohead for the rest of my life I probably wouldn't choose Radiohead.

I can actually tolerate pre Mylo Xyloto Coldplay. Also, X & Y is underrated. Never understood the hate. Once they collaborated with pop stars like Rihanna, that was it. Chris went full Adam Levine and gave into Gwyneth’s attempts and Yoko’ing him.

I’m gonna add these two guys from the city of Rocky Balboa and cheesesteaks. I can go for them. Yes can do.

1dAK3hd.jpg

• Like 2

Richard Marx is awesome and loves to tweet!

I'm going to say I like some classic country/borderline rock like Eddie Rabbit, Charlie Daniels (RIP), Kenny Rogers (that's all I can think of right now). Also Pop music and Yacht Rock. I love listening to Yacht Rock radio on Sirius XM.

I've never heard of Yacht rock. Is it like Jimmy Buffett? :musicnote:

Yes!! Also Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, Kenny Loggins, Christopher Cross, etc... :)

Becker and Fagen were the Lennon and McCartney of jazz rock.

• Like 3

Oh I almost forgot:

Coldplay

Screw the haters, they're one of the greatest bands of the 21st century. Songwriting geniuses with beautiful arrangements. If you gave me the choice to listen to either them or Radiohead for the rest of my life I probably wouldn't choose Radiohead.

I can actually tolerate pre Mylo Xyloto Coldplay. Also, X & Y is underrated. Never understood the hate. Once they collaborated with pop stars like Rihanna, that was it. Chris went full Adam Levine and gave into Gwyneth’s attempts and Yoko’ing him.

I’m gonna add these two guys from the city of Rocky Balboa and cheesesteaks. I can go for them. Yes can do.

%20https%3A//imgur.com/1dAK3hd.jpg

I don't think Chris has ever gotten quite as insufferable as Adam Levine, lol.

• Like 1

I listen to metal bands that are heavier than whitesnake or iron maiden, and have received some flak for it in my time here

Really? A lot of users here listen to at least thrash. Heck, Treeduck posts death metal in the albums thread all the time.

I listen to metal bands that are heavier than whitesnake or iron maiden, and have received some flak for it in my time here

Really? A lot of users here listen to at least thrash. Heck, Treeduck posts death metal in the albums thread all the time.

Megadeth? Five Finger Death Punch? Gwar?

Well I listen to one of those three, lol. Was just playing Countdown To Extinction in the car the other day. One of my absolute favorite metal albums.

• Like 1

I'm just being a smartass, but I have been made fun of for being into death metal, black metal, doom metal, etc etc. it's good natured though

• Like 1

I don't dig five finger donkey punch, but I love old megadeth. gwar, not my favorite, but I've seen them live

I'm just being a smartass, but I have been made fun of for being into death metal, black metal, doom metal, etc etc. it's good natured though

I love a little good natured doom...

• Like 1

What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black, pointing at me

Turn round quick and start to run

Find out I'm the chosen one

Oh please have some cookies!

• Like 3

What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black, pointing at me

Turn round quick and start to run

Find out I'm the chosen one

Oh please have some cookies!

:LOL:

death-grim_reaper-angel_of_death-cocktails-happy_hours-friendly_beer-bfrn666_low.jpg

• Like 2

Most Mexican music I hear I really like. I lived in San Diego for 14 years so was exposed to a lot of it down there. Plus I have vacationed in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta each twice and heard a lot in both those places. It always seems like it's 'happy' music to me. I have no idea if anything I've heard is old, new, traditional, etc. and I know zero Spanish beyond "cerveza" (beer!) so I never understand the lyrics but I just know it makes me feel good most of the time when I hear it.
  • Like 1

By who? I've noticed you being snarky about others tastes far more than I've ever seen people look down on you

Most Mexican music I hear I really like. I lived in San Diego for 14 years so was exposed to a lot of it down there. Plus I have vacationed in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta each twice and heard a lot in both those places. It always seems like it's 'happy' music to me. I have no idea if anything I've heard is old, new, traditional, etc. and I know zero Spanish beyond "cerveza" (beer!) so I never understand the lyrics but I just know it makes me feel good most of the time when I hear it.

She’s more Cuban Latin than Spanish but for childhood nostalgia reasons, I have to mention Gloria Estefan.

97ymG2d.gif

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

I don't dig five finger donkey punch, but I love old megadeth. gwar, not my favorite, but I've seen them live

They’re just another crappy brocore band. Their cover of Gone Away by The Offspring is just as painful as the recent infamous cover of About A Girl by that Puddle Of Mudd douche.

They’re just another crappy brocore band. Their cover of Gone Away by The Offspring is just as painful as the recent infamous cover of About A Girl by that Puddle Of Mudd douche.

Apparently that guy can sing that song, he was just having a really off morning when they recorded that. Still...if it was going to sound that bad I would've asked to record something easier to sing instead.

By who? I've noticed you being snarky about others tastes far more than I've ever seen people look down on you

rick. he can't sleep at night knowing I like venom more than great white