Music you like that others would laugh at?

Rhyta

I listen to metal bands that are heavier than whitesnake or iron maiden, and have received some flak for it in my time here

By who? I've noticed you being snarky about others tastes far more than I've ever seen people look down on you

rick. he can't sleep at night knowing I like venom more than great white

Venom are better than Great White, it's not even a discussion.

No Venom, no lots of things I need

I listen to metal bands that are heavier than whitesnake or iron maiden, and have received some flak for it in my time here

By who? I've noticed you being snarky about others tastes far more than I've ever seen people look down on you

Venom are better than Great White, it's not even a discussion.

No Venom, no lots of things I need

I'm f***ing around, but I do agree.

Most Mexican music I hear I really like. I lived in San Diego for 14 years so was exposed to a lot of it down there. Plus I have vacationed in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta each twice and heard a lot in both those places. It always seems like it's 'happy' music to me. I have no idea if anything I've heard is old, new, traditional, etc. and I know zero Spanish beyond "cerveza" (beer!) so I never understand the lyrics but I just know it makes me feel good most of the time when I hear it.

Mariachi bands are very loud and happy too. I feel the same way about Brazillian music, I love the lyrical sound of Portuguese even though I have no idea what they are saying. Antonio Carlos Jobim wrote so many good songs, I have one album of his work. Joao Gilberto does some great renditions. I heard a great pianist Tania Maria years ago at a music festival, then Flora Purim too. Heard her with Return to Forever and other artists. It always makes me smile and usually dance too :yes:

Here is one song in English, Little Bird :heart:

Edited by Rhyta

I sleep really well at night since I got an oral device for sleep apnea a few years back. Don't really care for Great White, although they do decent acoustic Zeppelin covers from what I've heard. I don't like Venom. I would have been surprised if you said you didn't.