Journey fire Smith and Valory

Xanadoood

Maybe Perry, Valory, and Smith should make their own outfit and use a totally brand new name. Or just Perry’s name or a combo of the three.

They'll never do that because the big money is in the name. If they changed the name or formed a new band profits would drop by 90%. For most fans of these big bands the name is everything. This is why Queen are still touring as Queen and not the Brian May Roger Taylor Band, which is what they really are.

Of course.

Aye! :hail:

This thread reminds me I need a CD copy of Raised on Radio. My vinyl version is knackered and has been for years, in fact I've lost track of where it is. Smith and Valory were gone in that era too.

This thread reminds me I need a CD copy of Raised on Radio. My vinyl version is knackered and has been for years, in fact I've lost track of where it is. Smith and Valory were gone in that era too.

Yeah, that was the only tour I was able to catch Journey. I had already been a fan of Journey for half a decade or so despite being only 14 or so then. Bit disappointing not to see them onstage.

• Like 1

Yeah, that was the only tour I was able to catch Journey. I had already been a fan of Journey for half a decade or so despite being only 14 or so then. Bit disappointing not to see them onstage.

I've always enjoyed that album, it's much more poppy than any other album probably but it's good.

The latest news is Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain agreed to fire each other in a dual act of vandalism, as described by Arnel Pineda. "They're trying to ruin my gig, they want to send me back to youtube!" At the last minute however Neal Schon reinstated himself and fired Pineda as well. Then he fired himself!
  • Like 5

The latest news is Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain agreed to fire each other in a dual act of vandalism, as described by Arnel Pineda. "They're trying to ruin my gig, they want to send me back to youtube!" At the last minute however Neal Schon reinstated himself and fired Pineda as well. Then he fired himself!

And Neil will start his own group Journey to Food Stamps.

Mick

• Like 1

I've always enjoyed that album, it's much more poppy than any other album probably but it's good.

There was that 90s outfit, The Storm, which had Valory, Smith, Gregg Rolie, and others. Apparently, they sound similar to Journey though I’ve never heard their stuff. Valory’s 70+ and Smith’s in his mid-60s so they better get on something because time is running out! No way is Neal Schon going to budge. At the core, Journey has always been his band to do whatever he wanted. And he and Cain seem pretty tight as that’s a 40 year relation now.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

There was that 90s outfit, The Storm, which had Valory, Smith, Gregg Rolie, and others. Apparently, they sound similar to Journey your I’ve never heard their stuff. Valory’s 70+ and Smith’s in his mid-60s so they better get on something because time is running out! No way is Neal Schon going to budge. At the core, Journey has always been his band to do whatever he wanted. And he and Cain seem pretty tight as that’s a 40 year relation now.

Yeah I got that album, I've still got it on vinyl somewhere. It's pretty good.

The rest of Journey should join the rest of The Eagles and form a new group called Old Whiney Bitches.

I'll file this story in my DGAF shredder.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Maybe Perry, Valory, and Smith should make their own outfit and use a totally brand new name. Or just Perry’s name or a combo of the three.

Our Journey.

Once you change your band members ..the band name should chaNGE. I use to like Journey..the Perry era.

So they should have changed their name after the first 3 albums? You know, since Steve Perry wasn't on them?

• Like 3

Once you change your band members ..the band name should chaNGE. I use to like Journey..the Perry era.

So they should have changed their name after the first 3 albums? You know, since Steve Perry wasn't on them?

For Raised on Radio, the core then was Schon, Perry, and Cain. And though Schon was the only original member then, I still thought of them as Journey.

For me, it’s not such a cut and dried thing in which if a member changes then the band name should change too. Depends on what the members do in their stint and how long they were there etc

• Like 4

I don't know who's at fault here but sometimes it seems like Schon might be a bigger c-word than Eddie Van Halen.

Christian? :huh:

schonsalahi.JPG?uuid=1cAM1PLzEeGJLbyS_uYDpw

He wears two crosses! He must really love the lord.

AlEd.jpg

(Supposedly, Alex and Eddie at a NJ church.)

• Like 1

Yet they’re not married to this crazy aunt Lydia. I don’t care if you’re pro choice or not or pro 45 or not, this is psychobabble bs. Don’t stop believing if it helps you sleep better, wacko. She reminds me of Marcia Gay Harden in Stephen King’s The Mist.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hvc7TDJhksA[/media]

Jezusfknchrist that video... :facepalm:

"satanic pregnancies" - f*ck off you silly old shithead

I think someone needs to reread the Bible. Especially the New Testament.

But then again, maybe she's the "Whore of Babble-On."

• Like 1

I know it’s hypocritical to praise one group for finding a decent fill in for an essential member and condemn another one for it. I love that Brian May and Roger Taylor go around touring with Adam Lambert as Queen + Adam Lambert. I hate that Journey can’t make up with Steve Perry and got someone who I’ve heard sounds exactly like him to replace him. So Schon and Cain firing Smith and Valory makes them even less like Journey to me, no matter who owns the name. If I saw Greg Rollie, Steve Perry, Ross Valory and some random guitarist and drummer on stage and they all played Feeling That Way, I would more likely say I was watching Journey than going to see Schon, Cain, and three other rando’s. It’s all subjective, but at some point we can all agree it’s not the same band anymore.
  • Like 2

I know it’s hypocritical to praise one group for finding a decent fill in for an essential member and condemn another one for it. I love that Brian May and Roger Taylor go around touring with Adam Lambert as Queen + Adam Lambert. I hate that Journey can’t make up with Steve Perry and got someone who I’ve heard sounds exactly like him to replace him. So Schon and Cain firing Smith and Valory makes them even less like Journey to me, no matter who owns the name. If I saw Greg Rollie, Steve Perry, Ross Valory and some random guitarist and drummer on stage and they all played Feeling That Way, I would more likely say I was watching Journey than going to see Schon, Cain, and three other rando’s. It’s all subjective, but at some point we can all agree it’s not the same band anymore.

25573832-8077813-image-a-5_1583411001661.jpg