Nirvana vs. Green Day

Entre_Perpetuo

which do you prefer?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. bands

2. 2. signature albums

3. 3. other signature albums

Green day all day.

i respect Nirvana. but they never did a thing for me. i don't care how much you bring up their importance. do that all day. it won't change the fact they bore me.

I ADORE GD though

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 4

Nirvana. Easily.

Yup.

Green Day has never done anything for me, and Nirvana totally kicked my ass in the early ‘90s. Loved them.

Loved Dave Grohl in Nirvana SO much more than I’ve ever liked Foo Fighters, too.

Battle of the only two 90s rock bands close minded Bieber and Swift loving millennials listen to!

%20https%3A//i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/8c/df/e58cdf04eccda965714059c927a5d230.gif

Wow, lol.

• Like 1

I'll take any opportunity I can to vote against Nirvana. So it's Green Day for me even though I am not really a fan of theirs either.

that gave me a laugh but i hear ya.

never got the big deal putting aside the importance.....it's nothing special IMO.

Mick

• Like 2

I'll take any opportunity I can to vote against Nirvana. So it's Green Day for me even though I am not really a fan of theirs either.

never got the big deal putting aside the importance.....it's nothing special IMO.

Mick

The three other bands that came out of Seattle during that time blow Nirvana away.

• Like 3

Mick

The three other bands that came out of Seattle during that time blow Nirvana away.

I mean, yeah.

I've come around on Nirvana though, but like, vs. PJ, SG, and AiC? Nirvana probably doesn't get a medal.

• Like 1

Mick

my fav is alice in Chains and they fukkin' roundhouse kick Nirvana into near non-existence for me, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

my fav is alice in Chains and they fukkin' roundhouse kick Nirvana into near non-existence for me, lol

Mick

I'm more into Soundgarden personally, but Dirt is an anvil.

• Like 3

I pick Nirvana because they would NEVER tour with a band like Fallout Boy like Green Day will do this year with Weezer. I feel about FOB the way Elvis Costello feels about Morrissey. Great song titles but terrible songs.

Eh, Green Day is touring with FOB because Green Day are seen as kind of the forefathers of that super-pathosy pop punk sound FOB, Panic!, MCR, and Paramore used to rep, but have all since moved on from (or in the case of MCR just quit before they had to do to much more changing). There's a lineage there with those bands. American Idiot really isn't far from Infinity On High in many respects.

At any rate I feel like artists should be judged on their own merits rather than who they tour with.

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

I do love AiC, also...they were the best band to come out of that whole scene, IMO.

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

I do love AiC, also...they were the best band to come out of that whole scene, IMO.

3 words. Mother Love Bone
  • Like 1

I really enjoy Green Day.

But Nirvana are on a while other level.

Nirvana so easy it's not even a contest.

• Like 2