The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

Not sure how nbcsports can broadcast one game starting at 6:30 and then another starting at 8:00 on the same channel (see Aug 2). Looks like many conflicts.

Some games will be in progress and they will cut to them as they can, at least that's what I read.

That's how it appears. Going to be a lot of people upset that the game they want to see won't be shown until the previous one concludes (and could go to multiple overtimes) or if the game the want to see gets cut off to switch to the later feed. Was hoping NBC would make more use of USA/MSNBC, etc... (other stations that they control). Just looked at today's USA schedule. Don't think many people would be upset if they can't watch NCIS or Modern Family reruns instead of playoff hockey.

But what about Rachel Maddow? ;) Anyway, I don't have to worry because Hawks games will be shown on our local station. I don't understand why other cities can't do the same...or have NBC switch to local markets when needed.

Now Toews is missing practice time... :sigh: The team is hoping Crawford still ends up traveling to Edmonton...

Toews is back. I guess he just took some time off. Great news.
  • Like 1

Not sure how nbcsports can broadcast one game starting at 6:30 and then another starting at 8:00 on the same channel (see Aug 2). Looks like many conflicts.

Some games will be in progress and they will cut to them as they can, at least that's what I read.

That's how it appears. Going to be a lot of people upset that the game they want to see won't be shown until the previous one concludes (and could go to multiple overtimes) or if the game the want to see gets cut off to switch to the later feed. Was hoping NBC would make more use of USA/MSNBC, etc... (other stations that they control). Just looked at today's USA schedule. Don't think many people would be upset if they can't watch NCIS or Modern Family reruns instead of playoff hockey.

But what about Rachel Maddow? ;) Anyway, I don't have to worry because Hawks games will be shown on our local station. I don't understand why other cities can't do the same...or have NBC switch to local markets when needed.

Hockey isn't as popular to the tv sports announcers, ESPN gave up on covering long ago. During the Olympics, CNBC had some events on so perhaps they can use them. Sports Network and the NHL network will have some games too.

• Like 1

It's official..Seattle will be the Kraken. Had a big announcement about it today, I think I like the logo and colors real well. Here's the clip of the announcement

• Like 2

It's official..Seattle will be the Kraken. Had a big announcement about it today, I think I like the logo and colors real well. Here's the clip of the announcement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7N2QXmbEc8

Terrible.

Yes, the logo and colors look cool, but what's it to do with Seattle? As a peeve, I've never liked the "collective noun" names (like the Wild or the Avalanche).

• Like 2

Terrible.

Yes, the logo and colors look cool, but what's it to do with Seattle? As a peeve, I've never liked the "collective noun" names (like the Wild or the Avalanche).

The S and the colors were used by the Seattle Metropolitans Hockey Team. They were the first American Hockey Team to win the Stanley Cup in 1917 before the NHL was formed. There were polls and fans had input to the team name and colors. I thought the video introduction was good, made the connection of Seattle to the sea and the danger that can lurk within. It also showed some of the players from the Metros with the S on the uniforms.

• Like 1

Ok, I have to share this one, I posted this in another thread. Someone was saying they wished the networks would show the old commercials along with the older games they have been showing. I went looking and found this one, it is by Nike. http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=u88WdovasU0&feature=emb_title

:laughing guy:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Terrible.

The S and the colors were used by the Seattle Metropolitans Hockey Team. They were the first American Hockey Team to win the Stanley Cup in 1917 before the NHL was formed. There were polls and fans had input to the team name and colors. I thought the video introduction was good, made the connection of Seattle to the sea and the danger that can lurk within. It also showed some of the players from the Metros with the S on the uniforms.

We were rooting for the Seattle Sockeye.

Not a fan of the Kraken choice. The jokes will be too obvious.

• Like 2

I've seen what Seattle's nickname, and logo is, and I don't mind "Kraken". We'll have to see how well that N.H.L. team is going to be.
  • Like 1

Seattle will do fine with that name ... keep your head up

Yeah, like most expansion teams (not Vegas, clearly), they'll probably start slow and then get competitive. They'll just have to get crackin'!

• Like 2

Yeah, can hear all the jokes now..fans are Krack heads, the arena is the Krack house...Heard a rumor already that the Kings might let Quickie go... :eh:

I did see that Seattle was going to be a part of the Smythe (Pacific) Division, which makes sense other than there are already 8 teams in the Pacific.

So I guess one Pacific team will need to move to the Norris (Central).

Found out that Arizona is the team that is moving. Probably the most logical choice. Certainly wouldn't have split up Calgary/Edmonton.

• Like 1

I agree that name will bring forth all sorts of comedy. Let's see their fans can be called the Krakheads or their new arena could be called the Krakhouse. I'm warming up to their name, jersey colours and logo.

• Like 2

Anthems before the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia game. Nobody's taking a knee. :)

Oh, that's too bad.

:outtahere:

I like what they did with covering the seats. The good part about no fans is we won't have to look at people stuffing their faces all the time. Those huge banners and logos are nice, too. Someone said it almost seems like we're watching a Winter Classic indoors. I agree with that.
  • Like 3