The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

Didn't have to wait long for the first PP goal. :eyeroll: Oilers 1 Hawks 0

S :dweez: T :dweez: R :dweez: O :dweez: M :dweez: E :martini: Hawks 1 Oilers 1

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Hawks 2 Oilers 1
  • Like 1

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Hawks 2 Oilers 1

S :AlienSmiley: A :AlienSmiley: A :AlienSmiley: D :cosmo: Hawks 3 Oilers 1
  • Like 1

T :drool: O :drool: E :drool: W :drool: S :chickendance: Hawks 4 Oilers 1
  • Like 1

What a mess on that PK. :facepalm: Hawks 4 Oilers 2
  • Like 1

K :D-13: U :D-13: B :D-13: A :D-13: L :D-13: I :D-13: K :sundog: Hawks 5 Oilers 2
  • Like 1

K :D-13: U :D-13: B :D-13: A :D-13: L :D-13: I :D-13: K :sundog: Hawks 5 Oilers 2

K :notworthy: U :notworthy: B :notworthy: A :notworthy: L :notworthy: I :notworthy: K :atickhum: Hawks 6 Oilers 2
  • Like 1

K :notworthy: U :notworthy: B :notworthy: A :notworthy: L :notworthy: I :notworthy: K :atickhum: Hawks 6 Oilers 2

Garbage time. :zzz: Hawks 6 Oilers 3

More garbage time. :unsure: Hawks 6 Oilers 4
  • Like 1

More garbage time. :unsure: Hawks 6 Oilers 4

Final. :)
  • Like 2

BRUINS Lost their exibition game...the real continuing season starts Sunday 3 pm. Why are they in Toronto tho if they play Philadelphia Flyers ?

0-0-0

Because had they stayed in Boston, they could've ended up like the Marlins. ;) Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

Hawks win made up for the dumb-a spectacle. Dave Tippett made a huge mistake putting Mike Smith in net and he should've known better after coaching the Coyotes for so long. Yes, Smith eliminated the Hawks in 2012, but ever since then, we've been lighting him up for at least five goals every time we faced him. Tippett had a front row seat for those debacles and yet did not go with Koskinen. The Oilers can still win this series, but Smith has to be benched.
  • Like 2

BRUINS Lost their exibition game...the real continuing season starts Sunday 3 pm. Why are they in Toronto tho if they play Philadelphia Flyers ?

0-0-0

Because had they stayed in Boston, they could've ended up like the Marlins. ;)

i didnt think of that.

So far the games have been pretty good. Was pleasantly surprised by the Hawks, after that first quick goal by the Oilers was worried it would be a long game. Kubalik is the real deal :D. Looks like the lower seeded teams have pulled off a few surprises; Montreal, Coyotes, Flyers. The advantage the leaders had has been nullified by the time off. Makes it more of an even field (ice sheet?).

So we have a few controversies as well. Personally I didn't mind Dumba's speech, I thought it was measured and not over the top, but I know others do not like it. Better to address it and go forward instead of deny the problem. :finbar:

Bad start for the Jets, losing both Scheifele and Laine . Anyone think Tkachuk was deliberately trying to hurt him? Their coach was throwing lots of shade around about it. It looked accidental but guess Tkachuk's reputation has clouded the issue.

That Avs goal at the last minute was crazy! Lots of opportunities for them to score earlier. The Blues played better this game but still seemed off a step.

I am just happy to have games to watch!! :yay: :hockey:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 5

In the qualifiers, and round-robins, only game ones are finished. They've started, so there is a lot of hockey to be played. As far as what Matthew Tkachuk, did to Mark Scheifele, it could've been an intent to injure, accident, or fifty-fifty. We'll have to wait, and see. I would say that a lot of us should be, and are happy that there is hockey to watch.

:hockey: :hockeygoon:

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Another question from me and spent a few minutes with Google to find the answer but no luck:

Watching the Blues/Avs games thinking it would go OT

How does the OT work for the round robin games ?

Is it standard playoff format with 20 min sudden death OT periods -- or revert back to regular season OT rules with the 5 min sudden death 3 on 3 with shootout?

Guessing std points format. 2 pts for win and 1 pt for OT loss (as opposed to regular playoffs where you don't get squat for a loss)

Kept waiting for the Blues/Avs game announcers to say (they may have mentioned it but was at a friends place and would have easily missed it).

Edited by apetersvt

Another question from me and spent a few minutes with Google to find the answer but no luck:

Is it standard playoff format with 20 min sudden death OT periods -- or revert back to regular season OT rules with the 5 min sudden death 3 on 3 with shootout?

Guessing std points format. 2 pts for win and 1 pt for OT loss (as opposed to regular playoffs where you don't get squat for a loss)

Kept waiting for the Blues/Avs game announcers to say (they may have mentioned it but was at a friends place and would have easily missed it).

Five minute OT and a shootout for the round robin games.
  • Like 3

Five minute OT and a shootout for the round robin games.

thank you sir. That's what I was assuming but had no clue.

• Like 2