Who Is Your Favorite Keyboard Player On The Earth? Geddy Lee Does Count! Silly Human Race Rush Fruits! LOL!

Rick Wakeman.

Kieth Emmerson.

Jordan Rudess.

Ray Manzarek.

I'm limiting my answer to guys who's keyboard playing supplements or sometimes takes a leading role in a bands music. Rather than say a Billy Joel or an Elton John who are singer songwriters that have the piano/keyboard in the front of their band/sound/songs all the time.

I like what Geddy does with synths. However, he's said himself that he's not a top keyboard player.

Edited by grep

I say Ged is a perfectly fine choice because this thread isn't asking for "best" keyboardist, but "favorite." Ged's keyboard work may not be very complex or very difficult, but neither are some songs by The Ramones that many people cite among their favorite rock songs. Personally, I'm not sure many other "better" keyboardists have as many memorable and defining parts as Ged, from Xanadu, to Tom Sawyer, to Subdivisions, to Red Sector A, to Time Stand Still, and quite a bit in between. I bet Banks, Wakeman, and Emerson would kill to have written some of those lines.

Bernie Worrell

Rod Argent

Tom Scholz

Rick Wakeman

Stevie Wonder

There he is - Tom Scholz ! :)

He is fantastic.

Smokin', even!
  • Like 1

Bernie Worrell

Rod Argent

Tom Scholz

Rick Wakeman

Stevie Wonder

There he is - Tom Scholz ! :)

He is fantastic.

Smokin', even!

Mama, you're not jokin', yeah

alex-on-piano.jpg

Ironic that Alex plays the most emotive piano solo in Rush history.

- does he play it on CA, or is it Beck’s dad?

I think it actually makes a lot of sense. Neil was always the mind, Ged was always the soul, but Alex, Lerxst was always the heart of the band. Figures that the one time he plays piano on stage its among the most moving moments in the bands' career.

• Like 1