2019 MLB Season Thread! Harper? Vlad Jr.? A's New Stadium? Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

The Brewers' Josh Hader is right back at it!

The 2018 NL Reliever Of The Year erased the Cardinals in the 9th - 9 pitches, 9 strikes = Brewers WIN!!

e8f57411-3e8c-4bfc-82af-c7fb323c6afc-USATSI_12448007.jpg?width=520&height=390&fit=bounds&auto=webp

This young man is really, really fun to watch. :haz: :haz:

Edited by Principled Man

Baltimore 5 Yankees 3

Yankees lose! Yankees lose! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees lose!

:yes:

Aaaaaaaand they do it again, 7-5.

In other news, Christian Yelich hits a walk off double for the Brewers. Oh yeah, he also homered.

The 2018 NL Reliever Of The Year erased the Cardinals in the 9th - 9 pitches, 9 strikes = Brewers WIN!!

e8f57411-3e8c-4bfc-82af-c7fb323c6afc-USATSI_12448007.jpg?width=520&height=390&fit=bounds&auto=webp

That's a great pic!

Bryce Harper hahahahahahahaha! The Philly fans here (we are halfway between Pittsburgh and Philly and also in the Baltimore and Washington blackout areas :( ) have been chomping at the bit for weeks to get Harper signed. Every day there are rumors on the news, he's coming, he's coming! The latest was yesterday when a jet belonging to the Phillies owner was seen in Las Vegas, where Harper lives. It would be great for Philly if he does come! He played a few times in Harrisburg ( Nats minor league team) when he was rehabbing from injuries but we didn't go because it was a rugby scrum with so many people there.

I agree with TX Rush on the Pirates! Good pitching, but no money to do much with in free agency. The heart of the team still seems to be Francisco Cervelli, who is their catcher that gives like 1000 percent. He has been been injured and come back so many times it's hard to believe. He is from Venezuela and what's going on now has to be rough on him.

The story today was the former Pirate who led off the entire season with a homerun.

Yes, lots of coverage here in Pa of McCutchen with that HR! Hopefully Harper will get his timing down soon - I still miss McCutchen with the Pirates.

Instant bro love for him in just a couple games.

Tampa Bay Rays 1-1 after 2! Were already playing .500 ball :P

Do I have it wrong, you won over 90 games last year and were 18 games out of second place? Playing in the same div w Boston and NYY is brutal...

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 1

Baltimore 5 Yankees 3

Yankees lose! Yankees lose! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees lose!

:yes:

I saw that and was wondering......

The Yanks start off slow every year. Evvveeerrrry year. After the first month everyone is asking what's wrong with the Yankees. The same thing every year. Then they get their shit together and make the playoffs.

By the way, I fully endorse making fun of the way Yankees' radio guy John Sterling calls a game. Him and his stupid little catchphrases. He's impossible to listen to.

• Like 2

That's a great pic!

His delivery is awesome. He turns his back to the hitter, and keeps the ball behind him as long as he can. By the time the hitter sees the ball, he is at a big disadvantage.

Tampa Bay Rays 1-1 after 2! Were already playing .500 ball :P

Do I have it wrong, you won over 90 games last year and were 18 games out of second place? Playing in the same div w Boston and NYY is brutal...

Yep we won 90 games and had as good or better record than some that made it to the post season. Playing in the same division as the Red Sox killed us!

• Like 1

That's a great pic!

His delivery is awesome. He turns his back to the hitter, and keeps the ball behind him as long as he can. By the time the hitter sees the ball, he is at a big disadvantage.

Like it's not hard enough already!

The Milwaukee Brewers are 6-1 to start the season, having taken 3 of 4 from their hated rival Cardinals and 3 straight from the Reds in Cincinnati.

Freddy Peralta roared back from a shaky debut last week to stifle the Reds today, 1-0.

8 innings, 100 pitches, 11 K's, 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks. :haz: :haz:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

The Milwaukee Brewers are 6-1 to start the season, having taken 3 of 4 from their hated rival Cardinals and 3 straight from the Reds in Cincinnati.

Freddy Peralta roared back from a shaky debut last week to stifle the Reds today, 1-0.

Thank you PM!

I just picked up this stud kid in fantasy!

How about my A's baby!?????

F THE RED SUXXXX!

Thank you PM!

F THE RED SUXXXX!

They won 11 playoff games last season. How many have the As won this century?

Thank you PM!

F THE RED SUXXXX!

Aw look how quickly you guys got cocky lol.

Phillies off to a good start. The headlines were all about Harper - but the rest of the real story in scoring 49 runs in the first 6 games has been everyone else, including the bottom of the order (who were the top of the order last year, Hernandez, Herrera, and Franco) - and McCutchen, Realmuto, Segura, and with Harper just in front of him at #3 spot, Hoskins has been deadly at #4 too.

A reporter for the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel called the Brewers' 13-10 win over the Cubs a "beatdown" and a "blowout".

I guess he didn't see the Brewer pitchers giving up TEN runs as relevant information. :wtf:

• Like 2

For the third consecutive game, the Cubs have been called for catcher's interference. They're slow learners. :laughing guy:

Thank you PM!

F THE RED SUXXXX!

The Sox aren’t good this year. Not sure why praising the As requires ripping them.

Thank you PM!

F THE RED SUXXXX!

The Sox aren’t good this year. Not sure why praising the As requires ripping them.

Because dissing the Yankees gets boring once in a while......

Thank you PM!

F THE RED SUXXXX!

Hahaha! Thanks JINX! My A's are shit this year! Killing me Smalls. F the Astros too.

• Like 1