2019 MLB Season Thread! Harper? Vlad Jr.? A's New Stadium? Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

Inexcusable officiating during a critical post-season at bat:

https://deadspin.com...-1839029180/amp

Yeah but it all worked out when on the very next pitch he was called out on strikes on a pitch that just missed the plate by about 14 inches.

I immediately yelled "MAKEUP CALL!!"

Totally a makeup call, though the ump would never admit it -- umps mess up ball and strike calls several times a game, so he could have fallen back on that if asked about it.

You can debate whether that makeup call was the ump was punishing the batter for his own mistake, but as a Yankees fan, I didn't mind the strikeout call. If Sanchez would have homered later in that at bat, it would have felt dirty. (Someone bringing up Jeffrey Maier in 3...2...1...)

I am a Yankee fan as well and i was fine with the call. He should have been out the pitch before.

I find it odd that you couldn't review that.

Stupid, more than odd. The playoffs should have adjusted rules for review, due to the stakes.

The Yankees are terrible.

Not a single clutch player on the team.

They can give Gleyber back to the Cubs any day. Maybe trade him back for the next "best" thing to Chapman, Addison Russell.

RIP, promising Cardinals post-season.

Still, I'll bet there are 26 or so other teams who might have been glad to fail so high. Although maybe not in quite such spectacularly inept style. Way to go out with a whimper, guys!

Oh, there's always next year.

So, given who's left, I think I'm rooting for a Nats-Astros World Series.

• Like 1

Still, I'll bet there are 26 or so other teams who might have been glad to fail so high. Although maybe not in quite such spectacularly inept style. Way to go out with a whimper, guys!

I think everyone is.

• Like 1

I think everyone is.

Except for the TV stuffed shirts who live and die on broadcasting the YankMes.

I think everyone is.

I am not.

Nats/Yankees means I won't be upset no matter who wins.

Nat's/Astros gives me a clear team to root for but I think the Astro's win this series.

I think the Astros will win it all which kind of makes the whole thing anticlimactic. I can imagine them not losing another game this post season.

I think everyone is.

I am not.

Nat's/Astros gives me a clear team to root for but I think the Astro's win this series.

I think the Astros will win it all which kind of makes the whole thing anticlimactic. I can imagine them not losing another game this post season.

Nats vs. Astros would set up an amazing pitching battle. And I could live with either team winning.

• Like 1

I think everyone is.

I am not.

Nats vs. Astros would set up an amazing pitching battle. And I could live with either team winning.

But if the Yankees win, look how many people (no, not all Yankee fans) would increase their self esteem based on something they didn't even do! And a lot of them would learn a new number at the same time..

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

I think everyone is.

I am not.

But if the Yankees win, look how many people (no, not all Yankee fans) would increase their self esteem based on something they didn't even do! And a lot of them would learn a new number at the same time..

You should spend a day listening to Boston Sports radio. 98.5 the Sports Hub. Felger and Mazz from 2 to 6. 4 glorious hours of hosts criticizing the Patriots and butthurt fans calling in and crying about it...

I think everyone is.

I am not.

You should spend a day listening to Boston Sports radio. 98.5 the Sports Hub. Felger and Mazz from 2 to 6. 4 glorious hours of hosts criticizing the Patriots and butthurt fans calling in and crying about it...

Is there sports talk radio ANYWHERE that doesn't suck donkey balls?

I think everyone is.

I am not.

I don't mind the 2 to 6 slot. They're not afraid to criticize the local teams. They pissed off the Red Sox owner so bad once he drove the station and made a bigger fool of himself trying to defend himself.

The 10 to 2 shift at the same station sucks because one of the hosts is the Pat's radio color commentator. Dumb as a box of rocks.

Edited by edhunter

I think everyone is.

I am not.

No

In fact, TV, Movies, pretty much all entertainment sucks donkey balls. All this media content and I have never been so bored in all my life.

• Like 2

I think everyone is.

I am not.

No

In fact, TV, Movies, pretty much all entertainment sucks donkey balls. All this media content and I have never been so bored in all my life.

I'm re-watching the original Twilight Zone episodes, beginning to end. That tells you my feelings about most new content.
  • Like 2

I think everyone is.

I am not.

No

I'm re-watching the original Twilight Zone episodes, beginning to end. That tells you my feelings about most new content.

Given what we know about Greinke's personality, he's going though his own episode right now.

The series is over.

Yanks squandering golden chances to break the game open.

In all honesty, Houston is the better team and should win it.

I told you the Yankees wouldn't win another game.

After giving it some thought, I do think the Nats will get one from Houston.

Nats are pretty solid. And they're on a roll.

Proper fans want the Yankees in. Every year. To wish otherwise is uncultured.

You mean like these proper fans?

https://nypost.com/2...xiety-disorder/

Very cultured to a man...

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1