"GRAPES UNDER PRESSURE IV!" WHICH RUSH "FRUITS" ON HERE ARE GOING TO GO FOR IT? Punny Right? Board Train "2112" with Geddy And Alex! Oct 13th 2018!

RUSHHEAD666

I'll tell you what though: meeting Geddy and Alex was AMAZING, and the raison d'être of the event. But meeting Earl, Felicia and other Rush fans at the event was incredible! I felt a sense of brotherhood unlike anything else I've felt before. All of a sudden I was surrounded by people who understood my silly jokes, my fandom and obsession with the band. So cool!
  • Like 6

At some point during the event, one of the guys who was hanging out with us gave Earl this bouree. As far as I'm concerned, this should be the cover of TRF from now on:

https://i.postimg.cc/MKwP9bFD/IMG-20181013-174027982.jpg

Nah. It’s a Rush forum. THE Rush forum. So, most fitting would actually be that pic of you with Geddy. :yes:

• Like 2

I'll tell you what though: meeting Geddy and Alex was AMAZING, and the raison d'être of the event. But meeting Earl, Felicia and other Rush fans at the event was incredible! I felt a sense of brotherhood unlike anything else I've felt before. All of a sudden I was surrounded by people who understood my silly jokes, my fandom and obsession with the band. So cool!

Without any more concerts and with no more scheduled Rushcons, it seems like opportunities for Rush fans to band together are becoming fewer and fewer. It's so great you got to go and experience the feels! You'll have those memories the rest of your life. :) (Even more jealous! :LOL:)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

Alex stopped at our seats on the train and said "look out for R70, guys. It will be a short set though, we'll probably play for 5 minutes and drop dead". As soon as he said that we started to come up with funny names for R70: Roll the Broken Bones, Between the Wheelchairs, Hemispensionists... I'm not happy though, I think we should have come up with a better pun.
  • Like 11

Alex stopped at our seats on the train and said "look out for R70, guys. It will be a short set though, we'll probably play for 5 minutes and drop dead". As soon as he said that we started to come up with funny names for R70: Roll the Broken Bones, Between the Wheelchairs, Hemispensionists... I'm not happy though, I think we should have come up with a better pun.

Sounds like typical Lifeson :LOL:

The gift bag at the end of the event included:

- a shirt with the Grapes for Humanity logo;

-a comemorative mug of this edition of Grapes Under Pressure;

-a bottle of wine of Peller Estates, with the label autographed by Geddy and Alex:

http://i.postimg.cc/y8gftn03/IMG-20181013-202107697.jpg

• Like 8

At some point during the event, one of the guys who was hanging out with us gave Earl this bouree. As far as I'm concerned, this should be the cover of TRF from now on:

https://i.postimg.cc/MKwP9bFD/IMG-20181013-174027982.jpg

Good to see Earl scoring a free hat. I was thinking more along the lines that he would be leaving the place in a jacket he was given with straps on the sleeves.

I am so happy for you and earl!

• Like 2

I wish I could find my post from the time right after you moved to Toronto when I said you’d meet Geddy within two years. :blaze:

True story; Several weeks ago, on the afternoon of the 19th September, I was alone just checking my phone down a quiet street when I look ahead and Geddy is walking towards me doing the same, I couldn't believe my eyes and as he approached me I said 'Hi Geddy'! . He stopped and kind of looked up quizzically at me , said Hi, shook my hand and hastily walked off! It was amazing yet very surreal and I wished I had thought of something intelligent to say but you know how it is! My overriding memory is how small he is lol!
  • Like 7

I wish I could find my post from the time right after you moved to Toronto when I said you’d meet Geddy within two years. :blaze:

True story; Several weeks ago, on the afternoon of the 19th September, I was alone just checking my phone down a quiet street when I look ahead and Geddy is walking towards me doing the same, I couldn't believe my eyes and as he approached me I said 'Hi Geddy'! . He stopped and kind of looked up quizzically at me , said Hi, shook my hand and hastily walked off! It was amazing yet very surreal and I wished I had thought of something intelligent to say but you know how it is! My overriding memory is how small he is lol!

Very cool! Where was that? Rosedale?

• Like 1