The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

80 seconds into the 2nd, Sharks give one up. 2-1. :facepalm:

Ten seconds later, it's Thornton again!!

3-1 Sharks!!! :cheerleader:

And two minutes later Tarasenko goes top shelf to cut the lead back to one goal.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

3-2 Sharks

Edited by goose

OK, let me guess at this. Yes there should have been a whistle blown on the hand pass, but wasn't. The hand pass was not made directly to the shooter but another player who then passed it to the shooter. Aside from the illegal hand pass, the play is legit, right? Just asking, but the Blues got hosed.
  • Like 1

OK, let me guess at this. Yes there should have been a whistle blown on the hand pass, but wasn't. The hand pass was not made directly to the shooter but another player who then passed it to the shooter. Aside from the illegal hand pass, the play is legit, right? Just asking, but the Blues got hosed.

No goal, but then of course we're dealing with zebras...mind you, not that I'm complaining. ;)
  • Like 2

On the one hand, yes the blues got hosed. On the other hand, the refs missed a pretty obvious delay-of-game penalty in the second period that should have put the Sharks on a power play. Then the guy who flipped the puck over the net scores two goals. Combined with the refs blunder in the Vegas series, this might just be the Sharks' year.

This has been a very bad year for officiating for sports in general. The blown call in the Saints game, several blown calls which allowed Virginia to reach the NCAA final and now these for San Jose, just to name a few.

Not that I have the least bit of sympathy for them, but it'd be real interesting to be a fly on the wall in the refs' dressing room right after one of these major blown calls.

• Like 1

On the one hand, yes the blues got hosed. On the other hand, the refs missed a pretty obvious delay-of-game penalty in the second period that should have put the Sharks on a power play. Then the guy who flipped the puck over the net scores two goals. Combined with the refs blunder in the Vegas series, this might just be the Sharks' year.

This has been a very bad year for officiating for sports in general. The blown call in the Saints game, several blown calls which allowed Virginia to reach the NCAA final and now these for San Jose, just to name a few.

Not that I have the least bit of sympathy for them, but it'd be real interesting to be a fly on the wall in the refs' dressing room right after one of these major blown calls.

Over the years, as athletes have gotten better and better, the action has gotten faster and faster. Add to that the improved camera coverage, and there's bound to be controversy. Overall I think the refs do a good job, but things happen so quickly that plays get missed, and with that in mind, I'm surprised at some of the limits put on replay, especially in overtime situations.
  • Like 2

Doc just estimated that 20% of the fans are Bruins fans. That's pretty pathetic. Eastern Conference Finals and you can't fill your own house. FU forever for leaving Connecticut, even though all pride that I grew up there is gone.

Doc just estimated that 20% of the fans are Bruins fans. That's pretty pathetic. Eastern Conference Finals and you can't fill your own house. FU forever for leaving Connecticut, even though all pride that I grew up there is gone.

Yeah, I'd rather see a new team in Hartford than Seattle.

Will never happen. Hartford is dying. Connecticut's Governor has no clue how to bring in any Revenue so they just keep enacting more taxes

Will never happen. Hartford is dying. Connecticut's Governor has no clue how to bring in any Revenue so they just keep enacting more taxes

Are you sure you're not talking about Chicago? ;)