Roxanne vs. 22 Acacia Avenue

Polllllllllllll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you prefer?

• Roxanne - The Police
    • 22 Acacia Avenue - Iron Maiden

These songs have pretty much nothing in common but a lyrical topic. So for that reason alone and no other, I'm asking you which do you prefer?

I'm expecting the Maiden bias of many members here to prevail

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

These songs have pretty much nothing in common but a lyrical topic. So for that reason alone and no other, I'm asking you which do you prefer?

Maiden, though the requirement to vote on each question and the lack of a chooseable option on the second question precludes my vote.

Maiden, though the requirement to vote on each question and the lack of a chooseable option on the second question precludes my vote.

fixed!

• Like 1

fixed!

Thx

• Like 1

Roxanne. I love 22 and Charlotte the Harlot, but The Cops > Maiden IMO.

Surprising, for someone who doesn't properly appreciate Simply Red and Spandau Ballet.

• Like 1

I'll offer Cross-Eyed Mary as a write-in.

check out maiden's cover of that tune, it's awesome how well tull translates to metal

Worth posting...

• Like 2

Iron Maiden all day, and twice on Sunday. I like a fair bit of the Police but there isn't any song by them that I'd rate as better than anything by Iron Maiden. Also, it's no fault of the band, but "Roxanne" has been played to death on the radio. It's the "Tom Sawyer" of Police music.
  • Like 1

Iron Maiden all day, and twice on Sunday. I like a fair bit of the Police but there isn't any song by them that I'd rate as better than anything by Iron Maiden. Also, it's no fault of the band, but "Roxanne" has been played to death on the radio. It's the "Tom Sawyer" of Police music.

Even the Bayley stuff?

I'll offer Cross-Eyed Mary as a write-in.

Then I'm nominating Aerosmith's My Fist Your Face, "Thirteen year old hookers, Take a sack right through the bars, You wonder why the man's outside the door, Junior achievers, got the old bull by the horns, Back in the saddle gets you sore."