Test For Echo is a *Super Fun* Album

Day of Light

All the talk about lyrics, gimme a break. Maybe Neil was a little preoccupied by completely reinventing his approach to drumming to write the perfect lyrics.. Who the hell turns to RUSH for decent lyrics any way?? When Neil writes bad lyrics it only makes him like most other bands and no less.. Dont make me post the lyrics to 'lick it up' dammit!! ;)

"It's only right now"

I think your wit has finally transcended my comprehension sir.. Whatchu talkin bout?? Lol

Kiss lyric to Lick It Up...aka the song you mentioned.

Don't make me bust out with that dumb ass video

• Like 1

All the talk about lyrics, gimme a break. Maybe Neil was a little preoccupied by completely reinventing his approach to drumming to write the perfect lyrics.. Who the hell turns to RUSH for decent lyrics any way?? When Neil writes bad lyrics it only makes him like most other bands and no less.. Dont make me post the lyrics to 'lick it up' dammit!! ;)

"It's only right now"

I think your wit has finally transcended my comprehension sir.. Whatchu talkin bout?? Lol

Haha! I remember laughing at the 'lick it up' lyrics when they were printed in Hit Parader magazine centuries ago. Pretty much the whole page consisted of 3 words.. 4 if you include 'aaaaaaahh'

"It's only right now"

Haha! I remember laughing at the 'lick it up' lyrics when they were printed in Hit Parader magazine centuries ago. Pretty much the whole page consisted of 3 words.. 4 if you include 'aaaaaaahh'

That's two more words than the usual song by Kiss!

• Like 1

"It's only right now"

They're worth a deuce.
  • Like 3

Amazing album...around the middle of all Rush albums. Far better than most of the synth era and the horrible album which preceded it.

Test For Echo is a super meh album.

It's the only Rush album I don't own, if that's indicative of anything.

I think about getting it again sometimes, but :huh:

Right now, I'm listening to A Farewell to Kings...so the thought of seeking out Test For Bleccho seems just kind of silly.

• Like 2

"It's only right now"

They're worth a deuce.

Ya.. a doggie deuce;

I don't care much for the sound or maybe more specifically, Alex's guitar tone. The whole thing has a fuzziness and distortion to it that puts me off. Ditto Geddy's bass. Counterparts sounded way better

Love it.

"Counterparts" is the last great Rush record.

It broke my soul when the boys didn't play "Alien Shore" but believe it or not I have a sharp mind for being such a radical Rush maniac.

I remember hearing rumors that the boys played "Alien Shore" a few times on the East Coast.

Fact or fiction?

No doubt it was fiction.

Alien Shore is one amazing Rush song.

Musically it kicks butt. and I like the subject matter. Not sure how I feel about the lyrics though. "We are strangers by one chromosome..." eeeehhhhhhhh

I love Alien Shore and Totem. Agree about the silly lyrics, but who cares? :D

Edited by Lorraine

Right now, I'm listening to A Farewell to Kings...so the thought of seeking out Test For Bleccho seems just kind of silly.

I think this is my favourite post you ever wrote.

I am not used to seeing you dislike anything haha

• Like 1

It's true, I don't really care for it. I don't feel a need to be nasty about it or anything, haha, but...yeah.

It's got Time and Motion, which just might be the best song from Presto to Clockwork Angels, so it's got that going for it.

:haz:

I love "Time And Motion" but that shit keyboard part ruins it.

Even if you try to remove the shit from ice cream, it's still going to taste like shit.

'Testicle For IMO" LOL!!!!!

Musically solid like a turd. Lyrically? Diarrhea of the pen.

Thanks Neil Spurt.

I have to agree with Myles here for sure. One of you best posts ever.

If you decide to add it to your collection, I'll sell you mine!

I loved this album from the very first listen.

Although it does contain the worst lyrics in any Rush song out there with "Dog Years".

Aside from that, I agree with you about the production.

I love Alex's playing on this record.

Loved it from the first listen too.

Think Driven is an absolutely awesome song and was very disappointed when it wasn't included in the R40 setlist. Like pretty much most of the rest of them too.

Best production of anything in their latter career and it ain't even close.Maybe best produced album of theirs ever.

Am I the only person in the world that gets that Dog Years was humor, meant to be funny and not taken seriously?

• Like 2

Am I the only person in the world that gets that Dog Years was humor, meant to be funny and not taken seriously?

:no:

It makes me smile, and there are far worse RUSH tracks.

Although it does contain the worst lyrics in any Rush song out there with "Dog Years".

Think Driven is an absolutely awesome song and was very disappointed when it wasn't included in the R40 setlist. Like pretty much most of the rest of them too.

Best production of anything in their latter career and it ain't even close.Maybe best produced album of theirs ever.

Driven is the best tune on there by far. Total quality!

As for Dog Years, I don't mind it. I like it more than some songs on T4E. It's just an "ok" song for me.

I think nearly everyone knows it's meant to be humorous...but that doesn't mean they think or even have to think it's humorous.

The Roll the Bones rap is the same for me. I don't mind it and I know that it was meant as a joke...but I'm not laughing. ;)

Exactly and it's such a killer tune with a great riff!

Driven is one of Rush's best songs. Loved the way they did it at Rio.