Bruce Springsteen vs. Dire Straits song?

Texas King

Bruce Springsteen vs. Dire Straits song?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Bruce Springsteen vs. Dire Straits song?

• Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland
    • Dire Straits - Telegraph Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR_0nbEzVdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd3btVhwr48

Springsteen song vs. Springsteen-esque Dire Straits song.

Your pick?

By the way, Tex, very gracious of you to include vids of both songs. :cheers:

EDIT; If you hadn't included a video, I may not have bothered googling it and having a listen and I would have missed out.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

Jungleland is the best song Bruce ever did. In my opinion. :)

I'm changing my vote.

That Dire Straits tune is something else. Beats Jungleland by miles.

you had never heard the Straits song? it is awesome indeed. inspired by Bruce. but far exceeds him to these ears.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

I'm changing my vote.

you had never heard the Straits song? it is awesome indeed. inspired by Bruce. but far exceeds him to these ears.

Mick

Never ever heard it in my life. It did remind me in parts of Jungleland, but, like you said, it far exceeds it.

All I know of Dire Straits is Money For Nothing and whatever other popular songs they had. You'd never know from any one of them that they were capable of something like Telegraph Road. Can't say that the piano makes the song because his guitar playing in it is great too. It's a combo of both. The only thing I don't care for all that much is Mark's voice. Something about the way he's playing that guitar in the song that reminds me of something from the very late sixties or early seventies, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it will come to me.

• Like 1

Not my choice. But more than worthy I totally cannot disagree with anyone ranking this number one.

Mine is personally a split between New York City Serenade and Drive All Night.

But Meeting Across The River and Jungleland are right up there!

• Like 1

I'm changing my vote.

Mick

Never ever heard it in my life. It did remind me in parts of Jungleland, but, like you said, it far exceeds it.

All I know of Dire Straits is Money For Nothing and whatever other popular songs they had. You'd never know from any one of them that they were capable of something like Telegraph Road. Can't say that the piano makes the song because his guitar playing in it is great too. It's a combo of both. The only thing I don't care for all that much is Mark's voice. Something about the way he's playing that guitar in the song that reminds me of something from the very late sixties or early seventies, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it will come to me.

if you liked whaat you just heard. i'd recommend looking up thee first 4 records

the Self titled

Communique

Making Movies

Love Over Gold

Perfect albums all. and his voice.....i get it but it becomes a non-issue with the terrific playing from the band.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

I'm changing my vote.

Mick

if you liked whaat you just heard. i'd recommend looking up thee first 4 records

the Self titled

Communique

Making Movies

Love Over Gold

Perfect albums all. and his voice.....i get it but it becomes a non-issue with the terrific playing from the band.

Mick

I was able to put his voice aside for what I agree is terrific playing - he really can play that guitar. And that piano player they had wasn't so shoddy either.

Out of the four albums, which one do you think I would like the most?

Is it my computer or is anyone else finding whatever you try to do here taking much longer than usual? When I hit "post" - it just sits there; when I try to get out of a thread of subforum, it just sits there. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Is it my computer or is anyone else finding whatever you try to do here taking much longer than usual? When I hit "post" - it just sits there; when I try to get out of a thread of subforum, it just sits there.

me too. but it's in and out. it'll work then slow up then go back to normal.

Mick

• Like 1

Is it my computer or is anyone else finding whatever you try to do here taking much longer than usual? When I hit "post" - it just sits there; when I try to get out of a thread of subforum, it just sits there.

me too. but it's in and out. it'll work then slow up then go back to normal.

Mick

Same thing here.

• Like 1

Yeah, props TK for including vids, would've missed out on a great new DS song otherwise. That said, I get the appeal of Telegraph Road potentially over Jungleland, but I get a much better kick out of Jungleland. So for Springsteen I vote!

Not my choice. But more than worthy I totally cannot disagree with anyone ranking this number one.

Mine is personally a split between New York City Serenade and Drive All Night.

But Meeting Across The River and Jungleland are right up there!

Huge Bruce fan. Jungleland is actually not one of my favorite songs of his but meeting across the river is .

• Like 1

Telegraph Road is off of my favorite dire straits album, and probably one of my top 10 albums of everybody
  • Like 2

I saw Mark Knopfler when he opened for Bob Dylan. Mark actually saved the show. His set was flawless. Dylan really sucks these days. He has no voice left whatsoever. His "singing" is like a death rattle. That man should not be touring anymore. He's wasting people's hard earned money. People were leaving the concert early. I don't blame them. I posted this opinion on Mark's FB page and he was extremely flattered. I think I made his day.
  • Like 1

I saw Mark Knopfler when he opened for Bob Dylan. Mark actually saved the show. His set was flawless. Dylan really sucks these days. He has no voice left whatsoever. His "singing" is like a death rattle. That man should not be touring anymore. He's wasting people's hard earned money. People were leaving the concert early. I don't blame them. I posted this opinion on Mark's FB page and he was extremely flattered. I think I made his day.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/13226945aaaffb5be94736c93325221d/tumblr_inline_o5rawt7RJa1rku3fs_540.gif

I'm changing my vote.

Mick

the Self titled

Communique

Making Movies

Love Over Gold

Mick

:goodone: And don't forget the Alchemy live album. Such a brilliant record. Those live versions really smoke!
  • Like 2

I'm changing my vote.

Mick

the Self titled

Communique

Making Movies

Love Over Gold

Mick

:goodone: And don't forget the Alchemy live album. Such a brilliant record. Those live versions really smoke!

yes indeed. i was thinking about this. i love me some solo Mark. but i miss him in Straits. cause he hardly ever lets loose on the guitar anymore.

and the dude could play. listen to his pre- Brothers in Arms stuff. man alive could he go, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I'm changing my vote.

It really is brilliant.
  • Like 1