Bruce Springsteen vs. Dire Straits song?

Texas King

Bruce Springsteen vs. Dire Straits song?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Bruce Springsteen vs. Dire Straits song?

• Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland
    • Dire Straits - Telegraph Road

Jungleland is the best song Bruce ever did. In my opinion. :)

I'm changing my vote.

That Dire Straits tune is something else. Beats Jungleland by miles.

you had never heard the Straits song? it is awesome indeed. inspired by Bruce. but far exceeds him to these ears.

Mick

Never ever heard it in my life. It did remind me in parts of Jungleland, but, like you said, it far exceeds it.

All I know of Dire Straits is Money For Nothing and whatever other popular songs they had. You'd never know from any one of them that they were capable of something like Telegraph Road. Can't say that the piano makes the song because his guitar playing in it is great too. It's a combo of both. The only thing I don't care for all that much is Mark's voice. Something about the way he's playing that guitar in the song that reminds me of something from the very late sixties or early seventies, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it will come to me.

if you liked whaat you just heard. i'd recommend looking up thee first 4 records

the Self titled

Communique

Making Movies

Love Over Gold

Perfect albums all. and his voice.....i get it but it becomes a non-issue with the terrific playing from the band.

Mick

I was able to put his voice aside for what I agree is terrific playing

Knopfler isn't really singing as much as telling a story with the music. In that way, his voice works...and it may be why pieces like Telegraph Road hold up much better than his pop hits.

Lorraine, check out the songs Tunnel of Love, Romeo and Juliet, Expresso Love, Private Investigations, and It Never Rains. They're from Dire Straits' Making Movies and Love Over Gold albums, which really showcase Knopfler's talents, I think.

• Like 2

Jungleland is the best song Bruce ever did. In my opinion. :)

I'm changing my vote.

That Dire Straits tune is something else. Beats Jungleland by miles.

you had never heard the Straits song? it is awesome indeed. inspired by Bruce. but far exceeds him to these ears.

Mick

Never ever heard it in my life. It did remind me in parts of Jungleland, but, like you said, it far exceeds it.

All I know of Dire Straits is Money For Nothing and whatever other popular songs they had. You'd never know from any one of them that they were capable of something like Telegraph Road. Can't say that the piano makes the song because his guitar playing in it is great too. It's a combo of both. The only thing I don't care for all that much is Mark's voice. Something about the way he's playing that guitar in the song that reminds me of something from the very late sixties or early seventies, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it will come to me.

if you liked whaat you just heard. i'd recommend looking up thee first 4 records

the Self titled

Communique

Making Movies

Love Over Gold

Perfect albums all. and his voice.....i get it but it becomes a non-issue with the terrific playing from the band.

Mick

I was able to put his voice aside for what I agree is terrific playing

Knopfler isn't really singing as much as telling a story with the music. In that way, his voice works...and it may be why pieces like Telegraph Road hold up much better than his pop hits.

Lorraine, check out the songs Tunnel of Love, Romeo and Juliet, Expresso Love, Private Investigations, and It Never Rains. They're from Dire Straits' Making Movies and Love Over Gold albums, which really showcase Knopfler's talents, I think.

i think of Knopler in the vocal class of like a dylan. yea they're technically not good singers. but for the stuff they write it works.

Mick