With nothing coming out and nothing on the way...

lerxt1990

Hell, my favorite band has been broken up since 1998, and technically since 1992 if you look at the major players.

They reunited in 2007 and it was absolutely glorious. But I knew then that THAT was IT.

i love that reunion DVD

I hope it's genesis your referring to or i'm gonna look like an idiot, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Hell, my favorite band has been broken up since 1998, and technically since 1992 if you look at the major players.

They reunited in 2007 and it was absolutely glorious. But I knew then that THAT was IT.

i love that reunion DVD

Mick

:D

Yeah, it's them .. The three Guiseppes from Charterhouse/London/Surrey.

I don't discriminate. As much as I love the Gabriel-era/Hackett era, I too love the PC years.. Duke, and the Mama album especially. Three Sides Live is SUCH a badass live record.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 2

i love that reunion DVD

Mick

I don't discriminate. As much as I love the Gabriel-era, I too love the PC years.. Duke, and the Mama album especially. Three Sides Live is SUCH a badass live record.

Three sides........i LOVE the Rendition of Dodo/Lurker.

Phil is so under appreciated sometimes ya know?

Mick

• Like 3

i love that reunion DVD

Mick

I don't discriminate. As much as I love the Gabriel-era, I too love the PC years.. Duke, and the Mama album especially. Three Sides Live is SUCH a badass live record.

Mick

Yes. that version smokes. Me and Sarah Jane is great too... Cage/Medley/Afterglow = perfection.

That record has (for me anyway) one of their best B-sides, 'You Might Recall'. The US version (with the fourth studio side) is hard to find now but it's out there. I know the default version is the UK one, and that has the killer One For the Vine from 1980.

And I agree that Phil is marginalized as a musician sometimes. I get it, he was ubiquitous in the 80s (I was there, LOL) and it got on people's nerves. And maybe they're tired of the sappy ballads. Doesn't change the fact that he's a monster.

Mick, if you can get your hands on it, look for the Philadelphia 83 Mama Tour Bootleg. And if you can't find it I can set you up with it.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

I feel sorry for the closed minded Rush fruits who can't expand their musical horizon.

I mean seriously?

Goose....

You and I met in Reno to see GHOST.

You were giddy and so happy to see them.

Now you revoke a card away from a serious Rush Member?

4b7425ae810feb5d39e69ff5698990ab.jpg

You test my patience. Keep it up and I'll revoke your 666 privileges.

• Like 1

i love that reunion DVD

Mick

Mick

Yes. that version smokes. Me and Sarah Jane is great too... Cage/Medley/Afterglow = perfection.

That record has (for me anyway) one of their best B-sides, 'You Might Recall'. The US version (with the fourth studio side) is hard to find now but it's out there. I know the default version is the UK one, and that has the killer One For the Vine from 1980.

And I agree that Phil is marginalized as a musician sometimes. I get it, he was ubiquitous in the 80s (I was there, LOL) and it got on people's nerves. And maybe they're tired of the sappy ballads. Doesn't change the fact that he's a monster.

Mick, if you can get your hands on it, look for the Philadelphia 83 Mama Tour Bootleg. And if you can't find it I can set you up with it.

Ok i'll look it up for sure. i've heard my fair share of boots i don't think i've heard that one.

oh Yea solo phil isn't my thing either......aside from the first 2 albums.

but i will forever defend him in genesis. my fav drummer EVER.

Mick

• Like 1

Too much good music. Too many good memories. I will never feel sorry for myself when it comes to Rush. They went above and beyond as musicians and, as a fan, I will always reap the benefits. Like all the bands I love.
  • Like 7

Too much good music. Too many good memories. I will never feel sorry for myself when it comes to Rush. They went above and beyond as musicians and, as a fan, I will always reap the benefits. Like all the bands I love.

Yep. Same here. So many memories from all those shows. I'm a lucky fan. I'd love to see them again if the stars aligned, but I'm happy.

• Like 2

this should be the attitude people should take right here.

Mick

• Like 1

Well Alex says he has been writing some lyrics so he might do something soon, and Geddy is busy with his new book so Geddy might wait.

I Hope one of them tours, and comes here. I would love to see them preform solo work!! :)

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 1

That's the way it goes.

Nothing in this life lasts forever.

be happy that you got anything like rush or any band.......cause life gives little.

Mick

How well I know that.

Here's my take on that idea, Lorraine: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/102987-chris-cornell-has-died-aged-52/page__st__320#entry4351424
  • Like 1

It's really settling in that my little band from up north is done.

:(

Sounds like you are

Waiting for the winds of change

To sweep the clouds away

Or perhaps

Waiting for the rainbow's end

To cast its gold your way?

• Like 2

Dont cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. :)

And even though mainstream music sucks right now, I can say that I’ve found a band I love almost equally: Muse. And when they’re done, there will be someone else. That’s the great thing about music: There’s always something great to listen to, if you’re willing to look for it.

• Like 4

This is probably sacrilege around here, but if they got another drummer and continued on as Rush, I'd be fine with that.

I'm with you. Ged and Al seem ready to move forward with something. Would bet a limb that if/when they do, they'll give Neil a "are you SURE you don't want to be involved" call, and then they'll go with it. Would love it if Neil is bored and wants to play after all, but I wouldn't be upset if they recruit a Matt Cameron or someone else to handle the drums.

• Like 3

This is probably sacrilege around here, but if they got another drummer and continued on as Rush, I'd be fine with that.

Probably is sacrilege, but who cares... You're entitled to your opinion as is everyone else. As for me, I would go see any incarnation of the band, just not as "Rush" if it were not Dirk, Lerxst and Pratt.
  • Like 2

I'm with you. Ged and Al seem ready to move forward with something. Would bet a limb that if/when they do, they'll give Neil a "are you SURE you don't want to be involved" call, and then they'll go with it. Would love it if Neil is bored and wants to play after all, but I wouldn't be upset if they recruit a Matt Cameron or someone else to handle the drums.

I, personally, would prefer to see a different singer go out with them. Ged's voice is simply hammered.
  • Like 1

Dont cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. :)

And even though mainstream music sucks right now, I can say that I’ve found a band I love almost equally: Muse. And when they’re done, there will be someone else. That’s the great thing about music: There’s always something great to listen to, if you’re willing to look for it.

Agreed. Luckily, I only just recently discovered Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson... They are keeping me busy along with Rush Radio (Beta)... :rush:

It's really settling in that my little band from up north is done.

:(

Sounds like you are

Waiting for the winds of change

To sweep the clouds away

Or perhaps

Waiting for the rainbow's end

To cast its gold your way?

Or perhaps

Taking out an ice cold beer

and wondering why there's nothing going down here ?

• Like 1

Half speed and detuned Rush is still better then most bands but it is still half speed and detuned. Neil is finished . it is over for him . I can just imagine his relief.
  • Like 1

Half speed and detuned Rush is still better then most bands but it is still half speed and detuned. Neil is finished . it is over for him . I can just imagine his relief.

Ged's voice is finished as well.