Who in this forum wears rock and metal t-shirts regularly?

treeduck

How many rock/metal t-shirts do you own?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many rock/metal t-shirts do you own?

• 1-10
    • 11-20
    • None, I don't wear them I'm too mature for all that.
    • None I'm too stylish for stupid band t-shirts
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • more than 50
    • more than 100
  2. 2. Which band do you have the most t-shirts of?

• RUSH
    • BlackSabbath
    • Judas Priest
    • Ozzy Osbourne
    • Dio
    • Queen
    • Iron Maiden
    • Nightwish
    • KISS
    • Blue Oyster Cult
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Jethro Tull
    • YES
    • Kansas
    • Symphony X
    • Mastodon
    • Opeth
    • Overkill
    • Thin Lizzy
    • Deep Purple
    • Led Zep
    • Nirvana
    • Soundgarden
    • Alice in Chains
    • Pearl Jam
    • Winger
    • Metallica
    • Megadeth
    • UFO
    • Whitesnake
    • Van Halen
    • ELO
    • The Beatles
    • AC/DC
    • Queensryche
    • Dream Theater
    • Rainbow
    • Voivod
    • Testament
    • NONE
  3. 3. How many of these bands do you own t-shirts of?

Even though I don't have a whole lot of them, I wear rock/metal shirts a lot of times - I have somewhere between 11 and 20 right now.

In the poll, from the list provided, I have the most shirts from Rush.

Rush - 2

Not in the poll...

Venom - 2

Disturbed - 2

Pink Floyd - 2

And from the list provided in the second poll, I've got shirts from Iron Maiden, Rush, and Megadeth.

And I'm currently wearing my Cheap Trick shirt. :)

• Like 1

These are the ones I remember I have of Rush t-shirts. I am to lazy to leave the couch to check:

Clockwork Angels

Moving Pictures (from the vinyl record deluxe release)

Caress Of Steel

Roll The Bones

A Farewell To Kings (x2)

Permanent Waves

Grace Under Pressure

2112 40th Anniversary

R40 Tour

With other artists I have:

Fish - A feast of consequences tour

Lita Ford - Spider web (x2)

I might have some other, but as I said, I am to lazy to leave the couch right now.

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

I got rid of a bunch of t-shirts, including a couple of rock related ones.

I’ve downsized to I think just one Rush (Snakes & Arrows because of the color and fit) and one Kiss (the classic Alive album cover)

I'm Virgil and I'm guidin' you through the gates of Hell. We are now in the Ninth Circle, the Circle of Traitors. Traitors to country! Traitors to fellow man! Traitors to GOD! Traiters to TRF! You, sir, are charged with betrayin' the principles of all four! I find you guilty, JB! Guilty of betrayin' your fellow man! Guilty of betrayin' your country and abrogatin' your oath! Guilty of throwing t-shirts out and sellin' out! With the power vested in me by the kingdom of God, I sentence you to the Ninth Circle of Hell! Now you will learn about loss! Loss of freedom! Loss of humanity! Now you and I will truly be the same...

I’ve downsized to I think just one Rush (Snakes & Arrows because of the color and fit) and one Kiss (the classic Alive album cover)

I'm Virgil and I'm guidin' you through the gates of Hell. We are now in the Ninth Circle, the Circle of Traitors. Traitors to country! Traitors to fellow man! Traitors to GOD! Traiters to TRF! You, sir, are charged with betrayin' the principles of all four! I find you guilty, JB! Guilty of betrayin' your fellow man! Guilty of betrayin' your country and abrogatin' your oath! Guilty of throwing t-shirts out and sellin' out! With the power vested in me by the kingdom of God, I sentence you to the Ninth Circle of Hell! Now you will learn about loss! Loss of freedom! Loss of humanity! Now you and I will truly be the same...

I already live there. A penthouse overlooking Circle 9. 1000 meter lava falls to the east. :blaze:

Besides, I didn’t “throw them out”. I donated, sold, or gave them to people who like those bands OR might like the image on the shirt. I didn’t bin a single one of those shirts. Big difference. Some of them I had simply physically outgrew them. Others were just worn to where none of the original colors even remained.

• Like 1

I already live there. A penthouse overlooking Circle 9. 1000 meter lava falls to the east. :blaze:

Besides, I didn’t “throw them out”. I donated, sold, or gave them to people who like those bands OR might like the image on the shirt. I didn’t bin a single one of those shirts. Big difference. Some of them I had simply physically outgrew them. Others were just worn to where none of the original colors even remained.

It's a sad day in the rock universe! :AlienSmiley:

13 Rush

2 Eagles

1 Robin Trower

1 Allman Bros. Band

2 Metallica

5 Beatles

2 Led Zeppelin

1 Jeff Healey Band

1 Ozzfest

4 Paul McCartney

3 Black Sabbath

2 Pink Floyd

1 Steely Dan

1 Don Henley

1 John Lennon

1 Roger Waters

1 Festival with Sheryl Crow, John Fogerty, Stevie Nicks, Billy Joel and The Eagles

I also have 56 Harley t-shirts from dealerships in various cities I've traveled to on my motorcycle. They stretch across the USA from coast to coast, Atlantic City, NJ to Coos Bay, OR and border to border, Yuma, AZ to Burlington, WA.

Rather obviously I'm a t-shirt collector (and I do wear them all).

:facepalm: :blush:

Edited by driventotheedge

Let's hear it. :hail:

More than 100 rock and metal tees. RUSH is the most I have.

I'm like Rod, I mostly wear them to shows.

Now that there aren't anymore concerts though I do go out for dinner sometimes in jeans and a rock tee with my woman. I just picked up a Def Leppard "On Through The Night" tee. Killer.

• Like 1

Lol, no Neil Young in the survey! I seem to own a boatload of Rush t shirts and a few of Neil and Rainbow. I used to wear them regularly but they were starting to get faded and have too many good memories so they are in a drawer.
  • Like 1

Let's hear it. :hail:

More than 100 rock and metal tees. RUSH is the most I have.

I'm like Rod, I mostly wear them to shows.

Now that there aren't anymore concerts though I do go out for dinner sometimes in jeans and a rock tee with my woman. I just picked up a Def Leppard "On Through The Night" tee. Killer.

Nice!

• Like 1

Lol, no Neil Young in the survey! I seem to own a boatload of Rush t shirts and a few of Neil and Rainbow. I used to wear them regularly but they were starting to get faded and have too many good memories so they are in a drawer.

Have you met Neil Young? And does he look more like Neil Old now?

• Like 1

:LOL: He has looked like Neil Old for about 30 years! :LOL: No, I have never met him- I wish. Very interesting guy!

Weirdly enough my son did kind of meet him. He went to university with Neil's daughter, Amber. Neil showed up for parents' weekend and was in line next to my son at a sandwich place. My son said hi but that was about it, he didnt want to bother Neil and his daughter. I was like "What, thats all you said?!?" and my son goes "I dont know his music that well, what was I supposed to say, nice sandwich?" :LOL:

Anyway, Neil's t shirts are nice at least ; I got my Rainbow one home from that concert and the sleeve was all shriveled up and short! Ritchie sold me a t for someone with T rex arms! I was pissed. I never wore that one much due to the arm problem.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

:LOL: He has looked like Neil Old for about 30 years! :LOL: No, I have never met him- I wish. Very interesting guy!

Weirdly enough my son did kind of meet him. He went to university with Neil's daughter, Amber. Neil showed up for parents' weekend and was in line next to my son at a sandwich place. My son said hi but that was about it, he didnt want to bother Neil and his daughter. I was like "What, thats all you said?!?" and my son goes "I dont know his music that well, what was I supposed to say, nice sandwich?" :LOL:

Anyway, Neil's t shirts are nice at least ; I got my Rainbow one home from that concert and the sleeve was all shriveled up and short! Ritchie sold me a t for someone with T rex arms! I was pissed. I never wore that one much due to the arm problem.

Imagine if you had a pet T-Rex?

595ffbe418000035006733f1.jpeg?cache=1klcxkbkay&ops=1910_1000

:heart: :heart: Then he could wear that silly t shirt! :moose:

• Like 2

:heart: :heart: Then he could wear that silly t shirt! :moose:

:16ton: :16ton: :16ton: :16ton: :16ton:

• Like 1

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/595ffbe418000035006733f1.jpeg?cache=1klcxkbkay&ops=1910_1000

I think I’d eat him before I built up any pet love. Probably taste like a cross between alligator and chicken.

• Like 2

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/595ffbe418000035006733f1.jpeg?cache=1klcxkbkay&ops=1910_1000

I think I’d eat him before I built up any pet love. Probably taste like a cross between alligator and chicken.

:LOL: :lol: It takes a guy to think of eating a T Rex but yeah, I bet you are right about the taste!

• Like 2

:LOL: :lol: It takes a guy to think of eating a T Rex but yeah, I bet you are right about the taste!

maxresdefault.jpg

http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/asset.winning.com.au/bhc/uploads/2013/01/dinosaur-meal.jpg

• Like 2

Well, many paleontologists say that the T-Rex was probably more like a giant chicken than a giant reptile so I’m not totally thinking with my stomach...maybe just 80% stomach thinking.

• Like 2

Better than a puppet gator/T Rex like this one. One of the worst they've riffed and that's saying something. Starring Charlie and Emilio's uncle! :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEifCcmacwk

• Like 1