Who in this forum wears rock and metal t-shirts regularly?

treeduck

How many rock/metal t-shirts do you own?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many rock/metal t-shirts do you own?

• 1-10
    • 11-20
    • None, I don't wear them I'm too mature for all that.
    • None I'm too stylish for stupid band t-shirts
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • more than 50
    • more than 100
  2. 2. Which band do you have the most t-shirts of?

• RUSH
    • BlackSabbath
    • Judas Priest
    • Ozzy Osbourne
    • Dio
    • Queen
    • Iron Maiden
    • Nightwish
    • KISS
    • Blue Oyster Cult
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Jethro Tull
    • YES
    • Kansas
    • Symphony X
    • Mastodon
    • Opeth
    • Overkill
    • Thin Lizzy
    • Deep Purple
    • Led Zep
    • Nirvana
    • Soundgarden
    • Alice in Chains
    • Pearl Jam
    • Winger
    • Metallica
    • Megadeth
    • UFO
    • Whitesnake
    • Van Halen
    • ELO
    • The Beatles
    • AC/DC
    • Queensryche
    • Dream Theater
    • Rainbow
    • Voivod
    • Testament
    • NONE
  3. 3. How many of these bands do you own t-shirts of?

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

I only occasionally wear one of the Pink Floyd ones because it's really comfortable. The others almost never get worn.

You're too busy with Marvel ones!

Exactly. I just organized my drawer of those yesterday. You surely have more than me now though

I doubt it, I've got quite a few though and everything is totally disorganised at the moment.

16 Marvel, 5 DC

Yeah you beat me.

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

I only occasionally wear one of the Pink Floyd ones because it's really comfortable. The others almost never get worn.

Exactly. I just organized my drawer of those yesterday. You surely have more than me now though

I doubt it, I've got quite a few though and everything is totally disorganised at the moment.

16 Marvel, 5 DC

Yeah you beat me.

:blaze:

I'm surprised since you just bought like half a dozen or so last week.

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

16 Marvel, 5 DC

Yeah you beat me.

I think I've got about 12 altogether now, maybe a couple more.

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

16 Marvel, 5 DC

Yeah you beat me.

Some I wear to sleep, others I wear to the gym, and others are for everywhere else.

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

16 Marvel, 5 DC

Yeah you beat me.

Some I wear to sleep, others I wear to the gym, and others are for everywhere else.

The old raggedy ones for sleeping in? I use old t-shirts for that.

I could do with a dedicated closet for my music t-shirts :16ton: I like to get a t-shirt when I go to a concert...and I quite enjoy live music, so the collection amassed quickly. :blush: Rush is by far the most-represented band, both in terms of the number of shirts and the frequency with which I wear them. Sometimes I alter them myself to achieve my desired fit, though, which helps them to better suit my look.
  • Like 4

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

16 Marvel, 5 DC

Yeah you beat me.

None are that raggedy really. If it's extra comfortable or warm/cool depending on the season then I might wear it to sleep

I tried to get one just now - five minutes ago I entered the venue where Opeth is playing in 01 hour...but amazingly, ALL merchandise is sold out. I've never seen that happen at a concert. At least not so fast.

Have fun Rod, enjoy the show and stop staring at your fukkin' phone! :haz:

I enjoyed the hell out of it...Opeth are SO good!!!!

• Like 3

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

16 Marvel, 5 DC

Yeah you beat me.

None are that raggedy really. If it's extra comfortable or warm/cool depending on the season then I might wear it to sleep

Once my t-shirts become too tatty for using for going out in I just use them for round the house, once they get really worn down and thinner then they're perfect for sleeping in because then I won't get too hot and uncomfortable in them. Depends on the t-shirts though, this scheme doesn't work with all t-shirts but most, it might take longer with some rather than others.

I tried to get one just now - five minutes ago I entered the venue where Opeth is playing in 01 hour...but amazingly, ALL merchandise is sold out. I've never seen that happen at a concert. At least not so fast.

Have fun Rod, enjoy the show and stop staring at your fukkin' phone! :haz:

I enjoyed the hell out of it...Opeth are SO good!!!!

What was the setlist?

It felt like a "best of" to me...they played a lot of the songs I like: Demon of the Fall, Deliverance, Ghost of Perdition, Cusp of Eternity, Devil's Orchard, Heir Apparent, Face of Melinda, Sorceress...a great set!
  • Like 3

I wear jeans, band t-shirt and Chuck's pretty much as a daily uniform. I wear what I like and don't really care about fashion. I have the most Rush shirts, probably about 8-10.

Others I have:

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

Metallica

Opeth

Steven Wilson

Neal Morse Band

John Wesley

Def Leppard

Foo Fighters

Night Ranger

• Like 2

Oh, and also The Drapery Falls, In My Time of Need and The Wilde Flowers. I think that was it!

Can't wait to see them next month!! I better be able to get a t-shirt dammit! :rage: :D

• Like 2

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

16 Marvel, 5 DC

Yeah you beat me.

We need pictures of both of your collections.

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

16 Marvel, 5 DC

Yeah you beat me.

Yeah? What will you do with them, frame them? :D-13:

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

16 Marvel, 5 DC

Yeah you beat me.

I'm wearing a superhero t in every other pic I post in the Post Pics of You thread :LOL:

That's probably about right actually. :blaze:

• Like 1

I wear jeans, band t-shirt and Chuck's pretty much as a daily uniform. I wear what I like and don't really care about fashion. I have the most Rush shirts, probably about 8-10.

Others I have:

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

Metallica

Opeth

Steven Wilson

Neal Morse Band

John Wesley

Def Leppard

Foo Fighters

Night Ranger

Love that you wear Chuck T.'s catherine. :ebert:

• Like 1

I used to get shirts at most shows that I went to, but that was 20+ years ago. Most of them that I used to have are gone. But I do have the following:

Black Crowes: three or four, including one from the first time I ever saw them (High as the Moon tour, 1992), and a long-sleeved one from the Three Snakes and One Charm tour in the UK and Europe, early 1997, that a friend of mine bought at one of the gigs in Amsterdam and sent to me.

Grateful Dead: two or three. The nicest one I have is a navy blue one with a rose that is predominantly light blue, with some red accents- commemorating the 25th anniversary of the show they played at the closing of Winterland in San Francisco, New Year's Eve 1978/'79.

Guided By Voices: two. One of them is one that Pete Jamison ('manager for life') made in his basement, 25 years ago. The other one has "From the mythological land of Dayton, Ohio" on the back of it.

I've owned three or four Rush shirts in my life, but they seem to have gone the way of all good things...

And the things I have, they rarely get worn anymore. Every once in a great while. But I have to echo what Segue said- they just don't fit in with what my style has become.

• Like 1

This picture was taken before R40. Nearly 40 Rush t-shirts and hoodies. And 3 Tragically Hip shirts, 3 Slayer, 3 Metallica, 1 Kiss. 7 AC/DC, 2 Dream Theater, and 2 Iron Kingdom.

CEVd-pfUkAIoyhX.jpg

Lovely bubbly! :clap: