Fly By Night

JohnRogers

This week in rock n roll history :rush: truly begins with Fly By Night. Brining in Peart and Brown producing a new obsession is born. Listen to the album this week!
  • Like 11

I will be listening to it fully on Wednesday (the exact day of the anniversary), even if it means I have to suffer through Rivendell.

I usually program my player to skip that one and just turn FBN into a tighter 7 track album.

• Like 1

I will be listening to it fully on Wednesday (the exact day of the anniversary), even if it means I have to suffer through Rivendell.

Played the whole thing in the car yesterday on a long road trip. :heart: :heart: I'm with you on Rivendell. :LOL: My husband even asked, "What happened with this one?" :P

• Like 3

By Tor and Anthem are two of the best Rush songs ever... you could hear the start of it all with those two songs. Great album...and hey, stop dissing my Rivendell!!!
  • Like 4

I listened to it yesterday and hadn't seen this thread- wasn't even thinking of the anniversary (which I believe is tomorrow, innit?).

Great early, hungry, primal Rush music.

And hey, on the subject of Rivendell- I like it a lot, too.

• Like 2

yeah when some metalhead kid who never heard Rush disses later stuff from 80s i might be playing at time i always give em a blast of Anthem making reference to Darwin's Theory of Evolution

they like 'wow that the same band'

I'm like 'your first lesson can now begin my padawan'

*hands him vinyl of 2112*

'Study the sleeve notes first'

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 1

Happy Birthday to what was the beginning of a very long and very profitable venture.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

This week in rock n roll history :rush: truly begins with Fly By Night. Brining in Peart and Brown producing a new obsession is born. Listen to the album this week!

Yes I have the original pressing.

Love it

So many great songs. Fly By Night, a wonderful melodic uplifting pop/rock song with great playing. Making Memories - the same with a wicked slide solo from the "Lifester". Anthem - Well it is an Anthem aint it, kicks asss!!!. By Tor- A sign of things to come with a great mythical tale. Beneath, between - a fabulous fast riffer with Alex giving a little tribute to Zep and the band playing their socks off. In the End - what a fantastic power ballad which showed a little of how Alex would develop his massive sound on future work.

A fabulous album

But I honestly believe that Caress was important, not their greatest work, they nearly gave up after that but it was a progression without which there would have been no 2112.

Just my opinion again

Steve

I think that the album showed just how much Al and Ged were inspired by getting Neil in. His drumming blew them away at the audition

Played the whole thing in the car yesterday on a long road trip. :heart: :heart: I'm with you on Rivendell. :LOL: My husband even asked, "What happened with this one?" :P

:laughing yellow guy:

• Like 2

Sorry Catherine forgot about Rivendell

Oh I don't mind it myself but I think it's hilarious that blueschica's husband even caught on that it didn't quite fit on the album.

• Like 1

Oh I don't mind it myself but I think it's hilarious that blueschica's husband even caught on that it didn't quite fit on the album.

It's like Geddy is pretending to be a hobbit. Doesn't quiiiiiite work.

• Like 2

Yes, ha ha, for someone that claims they are not interested in Rush, he listens pretty closely whenever they are on! :LOL:

• Like 1

Happy Birthday to a CLASSIC

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/concerts/rush-stlouis-04.13.1975/26.jpg

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/concerts/rush-stlouis-04.13.1975/19.jpg

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/concerts/rush-stlouis-04.13.1975/20.jpg

• Like 6