Tom Brady GOAT?

Xanadoood

One advantage Brady has over ALL other QBs is that as far as it is known he is STILL continuing to play. Now he could be a hurrible next year or he could possibly reach the SB again.....One thing for sure he's STILL looking for that LI SB jersey.

He cemented his legacy as the best ever in my view last night. I'm not a Patriots fan at all really but I know success and excellence when I see it. Kudos to Mr Kraft and his team...

I never saw Unitas play. I watched Joe Montana carve up defenses. I watched Peyton Manning make teams shit their pants during the regular season.

Brady just wins championships. Belichik has much to do with it...but Brady is pulling the trigger. Bottom line: it's very difficult to compare greats. Brady has the numbers to lay claim to the title though.

PS: Where's Bradshaw? Aikman?

Manning sh*t his own pants after New Year's Day much more often than not.

Yet he holds a better head-to-head playoff record...and did even better in the championship games.

They've never been involved in a play at the same time. But their respective records in the post season speak for themselves. But I agree that analysis puts someone like Marino precisely where he belongs historically. Somewhere around Tony Eason's caliber.

Epic
  • Like 2

Prior to Sunday, playoff teams down 17+ points at the end of the 3rd were a combined 0-121.

And down 19+ were 0-93.

• Like 1

Leadership, clutch, drive, determination, carrying the team on your back - call it what you will. Here is the list of active QB's with the most career 4th Qtr comebacks.

1. Tom Brady - 39 (2nd all-time to Peyton Manning's 45)

2. Eli Manning - 30

3. Ben Roethlisberger - 29

4. Drew Brees - 28

5. Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford - 25

8. Phillip Rivers - 22

9. Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer - 21

11. Joe Flacco - 19

12. Alex Smith - 18

13. Russell Wilson - 17

14. Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck - 14

16. Ryan Tannehill, Cam Newton, Derek Carr - 12

19. Matt Schaub - 11

20. Mark Sanchez, Aaron Rodgers- 10

22. Colin Kaepernick, Josh Freeman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Cassel - 9

Other QB's with 10+ are: Tim Couch, Stan Humprhies, Don Majkowski, David Garrard, Aaron Brooks, Steve Beuerlein, Marc Bulger, Trent Green, Jay Schroeder, Jon Kitna, Steve DeBerg, Kerry Collins.

I don't have updated figures but as of the 2015 season, Rodgers was 0-25 when trailing by 9+ in the 2nd half. So I ask you, trailing in the 4th by a touchdown, do you want Brady behind center or Rodgers?

• Like 2

He cemented his legacy as the best ever in my view last night. I'm not a Patriots fan at all really but I know success and excellence when I see it. Kudos to Mr Kraft and his team...

I never saw Unitas play. I watched Joe Montana carve up defenses. I watched Peyton Manning make teams shit their pants during the regular season.

Brady just wins championships. Belichik has much to do with it...but Brady is pulling the trigger. Bottom line: it's very difficult to compare greats. Brady has the numbers to lay claim to the title though.

Peyton Manning would have thrown in the towel in the third quarter. He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Brady or Montana. You can make Peyton Manning quit.
  • Like 2

I don't have updated figures but as of the 2015 season, Rodgers was 0-25 when trailing by 9+ in the 2nd half.

One of the most misleading stats one could ever publish.

Aaron Rodgers and his offense would be noted for many more "comebacks" if the Packer defense had done its job. In 2008, especially (Rodgers' first year as starter), the defense stunk up the field in the 4th quarter, and wasted every scoring drive that the offense made. For most of the past nine seasons, Aaron Rodgers and his offense have consistently scored late, only to see the other team's offense come right back and score again. This has been the #1 difference between Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers over the past ten years: Brady has had a consistently good defense to help him win; Rodgers has not.

This is what happens when the sports media keeps hyping one player (the quarterback) over the entire team. The media's goal is to have its viewing audiences focus solely on the Hero. They draw more ratings and profits that way. Who cares about the defense and the clutch plays that they make? It's all about the Golden Boy, be he Brady, Rodgers or any other quarterback.....

Edited by Principled Man

Peyton Manning would have thrown in the towel in the third quarter. He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Brady or Montana. You can make Peyton Manning quit.

Eli is a better post season QB than Peyton.

• Like 1

Eli is a better post season QB than Peyton.

BY FAR.

Especially considering the teams he was able to beat.

Leadership, clutch, drive, determination, carrying the team on your back - call it what you will. Here is the list of active QB's with the most career 4th Qtr comebacks.

1. Tom Brady - 39 (2nd all-time to Peyton Manning's 45)

2. Eli Manning - 30

3. Ben Roethlisberger - 29

4. Drew Brees - 28

5. Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford - 25

8. Phillip Rivers - 22

9. Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer - 21

11. Joe Flacco - 19

12. Alex Smith - 18

13. Russell Wilson - 17

14. Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck - 14

16. Ryan Tannehill, Cam Newton, Derek Carr - 12

19. Matt Schaub - 11

20. Mark Sanchez, Aaron Rodgers- 10

22. Colin Kaepernick, Josh Freeman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Cassel - 9

Other QB's with 10+ are: Tim Couch, Stan Humprhies, Don Majkowski, David Garrard, Aaron Brooks, Steve Beuerlein, Marc Bulger, Trent Green, Jay Schroeder, Jon Kitna, Steve DeBerg, Kerry Collins.

I don't have updated figures but as of the 2015 season, Rodgers was 0-25 when trailing by 9+ in the 2nd half. So I ask you, trailing in the 4th by a touchdown, do you want Brady behind center or Rodgers?

I'd rather have a QB and team that built a lead and didn't need a lot of 4th quarter comebacks

• Like 1

I agree with joe. This has been the most pro QB era in history rule wise and it's hard to compare guys that came before with guys now especially since we don't count pre super bowl era championships as equal to super bowl championships for whatever reason. I don't think tom is the best ever either.

Bradshaw threw 84 passes in 4 Super Bowls. I'm 5'11 192 lbs. In Unitas' day I'd have been a defensive end. Today's QBs contend with defensive players who are bigger, stronger and faster than their predecessors.

• Like 1

Bradshaw threw 84 passes in 4 Super Bowls. I'm 5'11 192 lbs. In Unitas' day I'd have been a defensive end. Today's QBs contend with defensive players who are bigger, stronger and faster than their predecessors.

But you'd have been allowed to slap Johnny on the side of his head in second down and take out his knees on third. Makes a QB think a bit.

But you'd have been allowed to slap Johnny on the side of his head in second down and take out his knees on third. Makes a QB think a bit.

And the guys chasing Brady are now about 6 inches taller, 70-80 lbs. heavier, but run the 40 in about 4.4. Getting hit by them is bad enough.

And the guys chasing Brady are now about 6 inches taller, 70-80 lbs. heavier, but run the 40 in about 4.4. Getting hit by them is bad enough.

And the secondaries are more athletic than ever, as well.
  • Like 1

I'll tell 60s era Deacon Jones, Bob Lilly, and Dick Butkus you called them diminutive pansies...

Edited by bordercollie
  • Like 1