Tom Brady GOAT?

Xanadoood

And.. along with the wins and stats.. he's frigggin 39 years old! With gas left in the tank, by the looks of it.

Manning looked like he had gas left in the tank in 2014, too. Then 2015 happened and even though they won the Super Bowl, that defense won it for them.

Brady's falloff is gonna hit him like a train when it does happen.

Edited by BowlCity

And.. along with the wins and stats.. he's frigggin 39 years old! With gas left in the tank, by the looks of it.

Manning looked like he had gas left in the tank in 2014, too. Then 2015 happened and even though they won the Super Bowl, that defense won it for them.

One thing though....Brady has not had any major injury to slow him as quickly as Manning. A QB who had issues, injuries, and surgeries especially to his neck which hastened his retirement. I think Brady will hold his own barring any major injury, the Patriots are Still going to be in the run to win it all again.

• Like 2

One thing though....Brady has not had any major injury to slow him as quickly as Manning. A QB who had issues, injuries, and surgeries especially to his neck which hastened his retirement. I think Brady will hold his own barring any major injury, the Patriots are Still going to be in the run to win it all again.

Even when healthy you could make him quit in a game. Manning that is. Manning quit in games numerous times before injury.
  • Like 2

Well maybe if you don't count that leg injury against KC in the '08 opener that put him on I.R. that season.

Id' say that's a major injury. We went 11-5 and just missed the playoffs that year with Cassel too (another feather in the cap for Bellichick being the GOAT coach).

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 3

Well maybe if you don't count that leg injury against KC in the '08 opener that put him on I.R. that season.

Id' say that's a major injury. We went 11-5 and just missed the playoffs that year with Cassel too (another feather in the cap for Bellichick being the GOAT coach).

Yes that was a major knee injury however it was not an injury that would lead to a slowing of his career or lead to its end. Unlike Manning's neck injury one can say it did slow his career and brought a speedy end to his career. I'll be looking for signs of aging, slow arm motion in Brady's throwing motion etc as this defending championship season progresses.

As usual, I'm the last to know these things. I was reading a story on the Hernandez double murder trial and saw the prosecutor's name mentioned. He's a high school classmate of mine. We were actually pretty good friends the first year or two...