Tom Brady GOAT?

Xanadoood

The way I see it, any analysis that puts Montana ahead of Brady is reliant on intangibles at the center of the argument. Because there just isn't a reasonable way to make that argument on statistics.

You can't compare stats. Offensive (especially passing) stats are way inflated in this era compared to the 80s. Montana played in a far more difficult conference,

Falcons, Rams & Saints of the 80's? :LOL:
  • Like 1

The entire "Greatest Of All Time" debate is a farce.

1. Professional football has evolved a LOT in the past 80+ years. Rules have changed, offensive and defensive schemes and philosophies have changed, players have become bigger, stronger & faster, and the level of permitted physicality and roughness has changed. There is no way we can know if a present-day quarterback would have succeeded or even survived in past eras. The #1 attribute of a QB in the past was his ability to take a BEATING.

2. There is no way to prove that Y.A. Tittle, Johnny Unitas, or any other past quarterback "WOULD HAVE" done well in today's game. Similarly, there is no way to prove that Brady, Rodgers Manning, etc. "WOULD HAVE" done well in the past. The "WOULD HAVE" hypothetical argument is nothing more than biased speculation and rhetoric.

The only thing we an say for certain about Tom Brady is that he is the most successful quarterback of his Era. If we magically replace Brady with Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, or any other top QB, can we be sure that those QB's would be as successful? NO - we still can't. It's still just speculation......endless, redundant speculation.

Just my opinion...... :)

The way I see it, any analysis that puts Montana ahead of Brady is reliant on intangibles at the center of the argument. Because there just isn't a reasonable way to make that argument on statistics.

You can't compare stats. Offensive (especially passing) stats are way inflated in this era compared to the 80s. Montana played in a far more difficult conference,

He said conference. You even bolded it.

I rewatched the game this morning and I think he cemented his place in NFL history IN the top three. He could easily be 7-0 or 0-7 with each SB coming down to at least one possession. One thing for sure he's pretty good I never they had a chance to comeback, I don't know how many other QBs in the same situation could've pulled off that victory.

He's the JORDAN of the NFL, and now has a new legion of fans that despise him the coach and the PATRIOT team. He's giving his MVP vehicle to White just like in 2015 nice guy.

He cemented his legacy as the best ever in my view last night. I'm not a Patriots fan at all really but I know success and excellence when I see it. Kudos to Mr Kraft and his team...

I never saw Unitas play. I watched Joe Montana carve up defenses. I watched Peyton Manning make teams shit their pants during the regular season.

Brady just wins championships. Belichik has much to do with it...but Brady is pulling the trigger. Bottom line: it's very difficult to compare greats. Brady has the numbers to lay claim to the title though.

PS: Where's Bradshaw? Aikman?

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

He cemented his legacy as the best ever in my view last night. I'm not a Patriots fan at all really but I know success and excellence when I see it. Kudos to Mr Kraft and his team...

I never saw Unitas play. I watched Joe Montana carve up defenses. I watched Peyton Manning make teams shit their pants during the regular season.

Brady just wins championships. Belichik has much to do with it...but Brady is pulling the trigger. Bottom line: it's very difficult to compare greats. Brady has the numbers to lay claim to the title though.

Aikman's busy stating Tom Brady is the Goat!!!!

I was a big steelers fan growing up. Bradshaw was surrounded by HOF guys. He was great for that team, but technically, he wasn't that good of a quarterback. Staubach was superior in every way IMO... from that era.

• Like 1

I was a big steelers fan growing up. Bradshaw was surrounded by HOF guys. He was great for that team, but technically, he wasn't that good of a quarterback. Staubach was superior in every way IMO... from that era.

Stabler was great, too.

Bucs?

Bucs?

My guess he was talking more about the Bears, Giants, and Redskins.

Manning sh*t his own pants after New Year's Day much more often than not.

• Like 3

Yet he holds a better head-to-head playoff record...and did even better in the championship games.

Conference, not division.

Yet he holds a better head-to-head playoff record...and did even better in the championship games.

They've never been involved in a play at the same time. But their respective records in the post season speak for themselves. But I agree that analysis puts someone like Marino precisely where he belongs historically. Somewhere around Tony Eason's caliber.

• Like 2

I think they were analyzing the game...
  • Like 1

They've never been involved in a play at the same time. But their respective records in the post season speak for themselves. But I agree that analysis puts someone like Marino precisely where he belongs historically. Somewhere around Tony Eason's caliber.

After a few years and it finally surfaces...you do have a sense of humor.

Conference, not division.

That's still six by-weeks per season. :LOL:
  • Like 1

More proof that professional sports are FIXED!!!!

Brady, Belicheat and Kraft are in bed with TRUMP!!!! LOL!

HYPOCRITICAL PATS FANS WHO ARE LIBERAL PROTESTERS! LOL!

Shut down your cities you fools!!!

TRUMP IS THE DEVIL!

Glad I voted for Hillary!!!!!