LedRush

Is it Creepy to Ask about the Ages of Celebrities' Young Children  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is it Creepy to Ask about the Ages of Celebrities' Young Children

• Yes
    • No
    • Usually, but not always
    • Sometimes, but not usually

It's creepy to stalk your local barmaid for years, waiting around outside her house for ages eating donuts, preparing many elaborate presents and cards for birthday, Valentines, Christmas, Easter, treading on eggshells in case you wake her up at midnight, following her about while she's doing the shopping...

Wait a minute this sounds a lot like marriage? :eh:

• Like 4

The thread in question was only creepy because everyone knows what a privacy freak Peart is. Mosbach will probably shoot Zumbi by morning.

I thought Peart was retired, which means his bodyguards should be too, he's an ex-drummer not an ex-president..

It's a frame of reference type of question. Isn't it common to get asked this by friends, distant family, co-workers, etc. I'd only ask if I were interested in what Neil's day to day boring retired life is like.

It's a frame of reference type of question. Isn't it common to get asked this by friends, distant family, co-workers, etc. I'd only ask if I were interested in what Neil's day to day boring retired life is like.

Let's assume that you have no other relationship with the celebrity other than loving their professional work.

• Like 2

Context is everything. In the case of Zumbi's thread, when you see "How old is Neil´s new daughter?" from the main page, it looks weird, and a little creepy. Like, why does he want to know that, and why did he start a thread about it? He couldn't just Google it?

Once you go into the thread and read the post you see that he wanted to know how old Neil was when she was born. Okay, that's not so bad. Still not threadworthy, but okay. That thread is already on its third page (plus this spinoff thread) and most of the posts are about why he's asking about that, and is it creepy or not -- partially because it just wasn't a great topic in the first place. Not life-threatening or anything, but still, just...a little weird.

• Like 4

Inspired by a recent question about Neil's daughter.

Don't know what that is aboot but to the original question...context dude, context.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/101654-how-old-is-neil´s-new-daughter/

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/101654-how-old-is-neil´s-new-daughter/page__st__40#entry4236393

And here's not weird....

Adam: Hey, I didn't know you played the drums.

Bob: Yeah, for several years now.

Adam: Who's your favorite drummer?

Bob: Neil Peart.

Adam: Rush! Totally. He's gotta be in his 60s by now but he's still awesome.

Bob: Yeah, he's in his mid-60s but he does have a little girl.

Adam: Really? How old is she?

• Like 4

Inspired by a recent question about Neil's daughter.

Don't know what that is aboot but to the original question...context dude, context.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/101654-how-old-is-neil´s-new-daughter/

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/101654-how-old-is-neil´s-new-daughter/page__st__40#entry4236393

Ah ok. I didn't get that far.

• Like 1

It's not creepy if it's just curiousity in a detached sort of way, especially in the case of Neil. He has talked about Olivia so many times in his blogs and books it's not like he's trying to keep her a secret or anything.
  • Like 2