Pick Five Songs

ReRushed

Anyone who would put Rhapsody in a Queen top 5 list doesnt really know rhe band. Heres mine

Brighton Rock

Death on Two Lega

Seven Seas of Rhye

Get Down Make Love

Dragon Attack

Anyone who would put Death on Two Legs or Get Down Make Love or Dragon Attack ahead of BR and berate someone else for including it in a thread about music that defines a band is a total berk.

• Like 1

I hate Bohemian Rhapsody and to claim as fact that it is the greatest piece of music ever created is an insult to every form of music outside of rock. Heck, it's an insult to rock itself.

I hate that song with a passion. Always have.

Lacuna f***ing Coil hahahahaha

• Like 1

And yeah, your eulogising that band and then talking authoritatively about anything is f***ing hilarious.

Yes, it is a matter of taste but come on, you are somebody who normally offers 10 songs when asked for 3 or 4 songs when asked for 1.

And yeah, your eulogising that band and then talking authoritatively about anything is f***ing hilarious.

Yes, it is a matter of taste but come on, you are somebody who normally offers 10 songs when asked for 3 or 4 songs when asked for 1.

Who is this directed at?

Who is this directed at?

Not you...

Anyone who would put Rhapsody in a Queen top 5 list doesnt really know rhe band. Heres mine

Brighton Rock

Death on Two Lega

Seven Seas of Rhye

Get Down Make Love

Dragon Attack

Anyone who would put Death on Two Legs or Get Down Make Love or Dragon Attack ahead of BR and berate someone else for including it in a thread about music that defines a band is a total berk.

Yes but those songs define MY Queen. Thats what this thread is about. Songs you feel represent the best of the band and the songs I chose define the collaborative and aesthetic value of what makes the band great.

So...who's the berk??

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 1

Muse

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Apocalypse Please

The Globalist

Exogenesis all of it

Knights of Cydonia

Excellent! Always love to see some love for Exogenesis.

• Like 1

Brighton Rock

Death on Two Leg

Seven Seas of Rhye

Get Down Make Love

Dragon Attack

Yes but those songs define MY Queen. Thats what this thread is about. Songs you feel represent the best of the band and the songs I chose define the collaborative and aesthetic value of what makes the band great.

So...who's the berk??

You. You stated:

"Anyone who would put Rhapsody in a Queen top 5 list doesnt really know rhe band. Heres mine"

So that song defines someone else's Queen and therefore your statement makes you a berk for contradicting yourself. ;)

Genesis: Supper's Ready, Turn It On Again ...and anything else would really be kinda redundant. 90% or more of what they were capable of can be very quickly summed up with these two. Not to say they don't have other excellent essentials, but if you want to show someone the band in under thirty minutes, these two will do it.

I hate Bohemian Rhapsody and to claim as fact that it is the greatest piece of music ever created is an insult to every form of music outside of rock. Heck, it's an insult to rock itself.

I hate that song with a passion. Always have.

Lacuna f***ing Coil hahahahaha

Look...this is the thing...

...well...

See...

Lol I have to my credit always said I neither believe LC are one of the all time greats and I don't think Karmacode is the greatest album ever made.

I love them. But unlike Queen and Rush fans I don't walk around thinking my taste is the cream of the crop.

And I think Lacuna Coil wrote better songs than Queen.

Get that fish ready I know I need a slap.

And I think Lacuna Coil wrote better songs than Queen.

Get that fish ready I know I need a slap.

Lacuna seem to lack the ability to write solid riffs or hooks. They are just another rock/heavy metal band with a chick who has a nice voice. They make noise and call it music.

You love them. I get that. Sometimes our favorite bands aren't really that great, but our love for them clouds our ears. :)

Edited by Mithrandir
  • Like 1