What's the most money you've paid for a single CD?

treeduck

I paid $20 for Vektor's Terminal Redux and $20 for Iron Maiden's Book of Souls. Those are the only two albums I've ever shelled out more than $12 for

It's funny I got both of those for a really cheap price.

Off the top of the head:

- $40 for "Diamond Mistress" by Madison

- $35 for the MFSL Gold 2112

- $30 for Symphonic Slam's self titled debut

.. still haven't had the urge to cough up the $$$ for Celtic Frost's "Cold Lake", but I might

I think I paid something like $22.99 for Different Stages before it went out of print.

It went out of print?

Yes it did.

Why did it go out of print?

I spent £30 on a really amazing fake copy of the Evanescence demo album Origin. Absolutely authentic looking...until I checked the number printed on the inner ring of the CD. Never mind...serves me right (this was back in 2010).

I spent £40 on Khoma's A Final Storm. It was never officially released outside of Sweden and as soon as I discovered it existed I wasted no time buying it. Not a penny wasted.

These days I have to be very selective about what I buy on CD- I'm not willing to pay as much as I used to be willing to do (at least when it comes to exorbitant kind of range that the OP implies).

Probably the most I've ever paid was in the $40 range, for a Japanese import of a Miles Davis title.

Just for posterity, I'll mention that I sold a second-state butcher cover of the Beatles' Yesterday and Today album that I had in my collection, for $800. (And that was more than 20 years ago). That was an LP, of course, not CD.

I think I paid something like $22.99 for Different Stages before it went out of print.

It went out of print?

Yes it did.

Why did it go out of print?

That I don't know.

Different Stages is the live album I enjoy the most.
  • Like 2

I've never bought any rare or collectable CDs so the most I've paid was probably in the $20 range.

Back in the day when I used to buy vinyl that was another matter. I seem to recall paying $200 for U2 - 4 U2 Play. (A quick check tells me it's still going in that price range.) At the time that was the only way to get those versions of those songs,

I've never bought any rare or collectable CDs so the most I've paid was probably in the $20 range.

Back in the day when I used to buy vinyl that was another matter. I seem to recall paying $200 for U2 - 4 U2 Play. (A quick check tells me it's still going in that price range.) At the time that was the only way to get those versions of those songs,

You'll buy something expensive really soon!

http://forum.chronicfatiguesyndrome.me.uk/Smileys/FantasticSmileys/sipping-tea.gif

Storytime:

Back in the early 19990's I managed a record store. Now by record store it was CD's and Cassettes.

No Vinyl, vinyl was dead. Rap, Grunge and Country were the big sellers. As store manager labels would just send us tons of stuff, tickets, cd's autographed items..etc.

Most of these were A) Not classic rock related and B) By usually bands they were trying to break or to keep the fire burning under them. We would just give stuff away to most of our loyal customers if they were fans of a certain band etc...I mean NO Rush stuff ever came into the store. BUT...Here's the funny story...

When Nirvana's In Utero CD came out, it had a huge push. They sent us a 24 x 36 poster reprint of the album cover with autographs from the 3 members Kurt, Chris and Dave. The idea was to have a giveaway and you could register when you bought the album from our store. As time went on, we forgot to give it away and 1 of our part timers who was just cleaning stuff that was getting out of date just threw it away. ...No big deal no one was complaining ..Plus I was not a huge fan.....7 months later, Cobain killed himself. ....I have no idea what that poster was worth, or would be worth today, but I have scoured eBay many times over the years and never found another one....

• Like 2

Storytime:

Back in the early 19990's I managed a record store. Now by record store it was CD's and Cassettes.

No Vinyl, vinyl was dead. Rap, Grunge and Country were the big sellers. As store manager labels would just send us tons of stuff, tickets, cd's autographed items..etc.

Most of these were A) Not classic rock related and B) By usually bands they were trying to break or to keep the fire burning under them. We would just give stuff away to most of our loyal customers if they were fans of a certain band etc...I mean NO Rush stuff ever came into the store. BUT...Here's the funny story...

When Nirvana's In Utero CD came out, it had a huge push. They sent us a 24 x 36 poster reprint of the album cover with autographs from the 3 members Kurt, Chris and Dave. The idea was to have a giveaway and you could register when you bought the album from our store. As time went on, we forgot to give it away and 1 of our part timers who was just cleaning stuff that was getting out of date just threw it away. ...No big deal no one was complaining ..Plus I was not a huge fan.....7 months later, Cobain killed himself. ....I have no idea what that poster was worth, or would be worth today, but I have scoured eBay many times over the years and never found another one....

Well get out there now and look for it man! You're passing up a fortune! :smoke:

• Like 1

Storytime:

Well get out there now and look for it man! You're passing up a fortune! :smoke:

It's been at the Memphis landfill for 20 years, feel free to go look around :drool:

Storytime:

It's been at the Memphis landfill for 20 years, feel free to go look around :drool:

Yes. I heard about this. It was buried under an enormous pile of Atari ET cartridges.

• Like 1

Bummer,

I think I paid around $12.00 when it came out.

I'm just glad I got a copy before they were hard to get.

• Like 1

Bummer,

I think I paid around $12.00 when it came out.

I'm just glad I got a copy before they were hard to get.

I bought mine second-hand for $10.

• Like 1