Judas Priest are now in the studio working on a new album

Judas Priest Rob Halford Glenn Tipton Ian Hill Richie Faulkner Scott Travis to hell with goodhell redeemer of souls follow-up

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#21 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83440 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

View PostBlue J, on 30 August 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

^ Hmmm, another double album, maybe? Or release one as soon as it's done and then wait awhile on the other?

Tasty!

:haz:
Probably two albums. Rob mentioned something about another concept album a while back so maybe a "normal" metal Priest album and a concept album as well.

Sponsored Post

#22 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83440 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:03 PM

Rob writing lyrics for the new album...

judaspriestDo not disturb, Metal God in the lyrical #metalsphere. @robhalfordlegacy writing lyrics for the upcoming #JudasPriest album #priestfamily

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Boots

Boots

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3009 posts
  • Interests:art, supernatural, biker boots, Guess boots, MK boots, combat boots

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:27 PM

They got another thing coming.

#24 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83440 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:50 PM

View PostBoots, on 12 September 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

They got another thing coming.
Now you have that avatar your forum persona has taken on a whole new energy.

#25 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83440 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:51 PM

Notice how Rob eats bakewell tarts!

Posted Image

#26 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

Many Happy Returns

• Members *
  • 7194 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

Hope it's as awesome as this track.

#27 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

Many Happy Returns

• Members *
  • 7194 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

This must honestly be one of the GREATEST metal albums of all time.

#28 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83440 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:35 PM

View PostTurbine Freight, on 11 October 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

This must honestly be one of the GREATEST metal albums of all time.

Aye!

:haz:

#29 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83440 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:41 PM

Ok let's just review the situation...

Priest have been writing the new album now since April, that's 6 months. All we've heard (from Scott Travis) is that there might be 2 new albums. Otherwise nada beyond the usual statements that don't say anything. We have to assume then that the writing process is ongoing and that they haven't started recording the album yet beyond demo level. So that that means that it's very unlikely that we'll see any new album or albums in the first half of next year. I would say that we'll be looking at another 12 months around about October 2017.

#30 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:59 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 13 October 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

Priest have been writing the new album now since April, that's 6 months. All we've heard (from Scott Travis) is that there might be 2 new albums. Otherwise nada beyond the usual statements that don't say anything. We have to assume then that the writing process is ongoing and that they haven't started recording the album yet beyond demo level. So that that means that it's very unlikely that we'll see any new album or albums in the first half of next year. I would say that we'll be looking at another 12 months around about October 2017.
I say no way do they miss the window of next summer for a tour.  We may or may not hear every detail like when they start and finish recording.  I say it's out next May or June.  They're too old to let another whole year go by before they hit the road again.

#31 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83440 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostTexMike, on 14 October 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 13 October 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

I say no way do they miss the window of next summer for a tour.  We may or may not hear every detail like when they start and finish recording.  I say it's out next May or June.  They're too old to let another whole year go by before they hit the road again.
Could be.

#32 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83440 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:16 PM

JUDAS PRIEST To Begin Recording New Album In January; Next Tour To Start In 2018

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner was interviewed by Sweetwater editorial director Mitch Gallagher during "Making Hard Rock Look Easy", a three-day recording master class which was held October 20-22 at Sweetwater's campus in Fort Wayne, Indiana. You can now watch the chat below.

Speaking about the progress of the songwriting and recording sessions for JUDAS PRIEST's follow-up to 2014's "Redeemer Of Souls" album, Richie said: "I just flew straight back out of the U.K., straight to Sweetwater. We've just been in the studio for a couple of months putting songs together. We haven't started the recording process yet, but we're recording demos; we're recording songs that work without the production to save them, if you know what I mean. But the core value… We're putting down some grassroots ideas and fleshing them out for the next PRIEST record. So we're gonna go into the studio to start recording in January. So it should be out sometime next year. But we're not touring next year. So we're gonna be touring, hopefully, in 2018."

Edited by treeduck, 03 November 2016 - 12:16 PM.

#33 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 17661 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:23 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 03 November 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

JUDAS PRIEST To Begin Recording New Album In January; Next Tour To Start In 2018

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner was interviewed by Sweetwater editorial director Mitch Gallagher during "Making Hard Rock Look Easy", a three-day recording master class which was held October 20-22 at Sweetwater's campus in Fort Wayne, Indiana. You can now watch the chat below.

Speaking about the progress of the songwriting and recording sessions for JUDAS PRIEST's follow-up to 2014's "Redeemer Of Souls" album, Richie said: "I just flew straight back out of the U.K., straight to Sweetwater. We've just been in the studio for a couple of months putting songs together. We haven't started the recording process yet, but we're recording demos; we're recording songs that work without the production to save them, if you know what I mean. But the core value… We're putting down some grassroots ideas and fleshing them out for the next PRIEST record. So we're gonna go into the studio to start recording in January. So it should be out sometime next year. But we're not touring next year. So we're gonna be touring, hopefully, in 2018."

:haz: :haz: :16ton: :haz: :haz:

#34 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 17661 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:25 PM

Conceivable, then, that Priest will be active even into 2019...that's a full fifty years of heavy metal mania!

:haz: :codger: :haz: :codger: :haz:

#35 geezer

geezer

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1856 posts
  • Interests:unsuccessfully trying to live untroubled

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

I will love singing "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" in my 50s!

Edited by geezer, 03 November 2016 - 12:50 PM.

#36 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83440 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

View Postgeezer, on 03 November 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

I thought you were already 50!!

#37 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83440 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

View PostBlue J, on 03 November 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Conceivable, then, that Priest will be active even into 2019...that's a full fifty years of heavy metal mania!

:haz: :codger: :haz: :codger: :haz:
Aye!

#38 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7710 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies, knitting, cross stitch, playing my ukulele, the Seattle Seahawks and the New Orleans Saints.

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

Ahaaa!! :yay: :haz:

#39 geezer

geezer

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1856 posts
  • Interests:unsuccessfully trying to live untroubled

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:52 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 03 November 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

View Postgeezer, on 03 November 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

I thought you were already 50!!

Aye, I'm 50 but last time I sang 'Another Thing'  (at Priest live gig, not in front of TV screen or Hi-Fi...) I was only 49!

#40 USB Connector

USB Connector

Trek for Echo

• Members *
  • 8282 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the final frontier as captain of the Galaxy Class Starship Rocinante (registry NCC-2112).

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

AWESOME. Hopefully they'll hit my city when they tour. I missed them on their last tour and regret it quite a bit.

Edited by USB Connector, 06 November 2016 - 10:58 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Judas Priest, Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, Ian Hill, Richie Faulkner, Scott Travis, to hell with goodhell, redeemer of souls follow-up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users