Is Rock Dead?

Union 5-3992

f**k that

Come back here in 3:32 and tell me rock is dead

I have five fingers on my right hand, and I can't even use half of them to count the number of rock bands that have come out in the past 30 years that are better than these guys

Do any of you f***ers still have something called speakers you listen to music thru ?? ..

Stop listening to music thru something you hold in your hand

Put down the iphone or ipad or whatever the hell it's called, turn this up LOUD and hold on to what you should be holding on to

Ladies and Gentlemen

SKULL DAZE

It's not their fault you've never heard of them ..

• Like 1

f**k that

I have five fingers on my right hand, and I can't even use half of them to count the number of rock bands that have come out in the past 30 years that are better than these guys

Do any of you f***ers still have something called speakers you listen to music thru ?? ..

Put down the iphone or ipad or whatever the hell it's called, turn this up LOUD and hold on to what you should be holding on to

Ladies and Gentlemen

SKULL DAZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-1M_Kthqt0

My house is quaking to "OUTTA LOVE AGAIN." ROCK WILL NEVER FUCKKING DIE IN MY HOUSE!!!! ESPECIALLY NOW THAT I AM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I will be playing to "Hemispheres" when I am 96 years old and I will have a heart attack and die on my drum kit.

• Like 3

f**k that

Ladies and Gentlemen

SKULL DAZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-1M_Kthqt0

My house is quaking to "OUTTA LOVE AGAIN." ROCK WILL NEVER FUCKKING DIE IN MY HOUSE!!!! ESPECIALLY NOW THAT I AM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I will be playing to "Hemispheres" when I am 96 years old and I will have a heart attack and die on my drum kit.

Death by drum solo!

• Like 1

But it's certainly their fault that I'll never listen to them again. :huh:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 3

The only thing they need is a time machine.

• Like 2

Going to see Robert Plant tonight in Tulsa. This will be my first time seeing a member of Zep live. I've been thinking about this question, as I prepare to see one of the all-time great rock frontmen. Rock isn't dead, but it is dying. And I think it has everything to do with the fact that the socio-cultural context has changed. Rock and roll is not ahistorical--it's historical context matters. New generations of young people create their own voices, platforms, and aesthetics according to their own historical context, regardless of whether we aging folks like and understand it.

But it's okay. I've made peace with it. It doesn't really change my life. After all, I'm going to see Robert Plant tonight, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

• Like 2

Yeah, I listened to most of it but I didn't finish. It wasn't terrible but it sounded like I was teleported back to my pool hall days in the late 80s-early 90s....the band is playing but I'm pretty much ignoring them.

Alright, if this doesn't do it, then there is too much estrogen in the public water supply

Says the dude who loves ABBA. :))

Hahahahahaha!!!

Hey bucko! I suck more than helium.

Leave my band alone.

Signed,

"WATERLOO"

LOL!!

Get it? "water supply?"

ABBA got their record contract because they won some contest in Sweden with their song "Waterloo."

Wait what thread am I on?

ABBA right?

Hey DD!

What is ABBA spelled backwards?

ABBA were already superstars in Europe before ABBA, even prior to ABBA.

They also had had a minor Swedish language hit in Japan with Hej Gaml Man BEFORE Waterloo.

Waterloo charted well in the US based on the song. The US had no interest in the song contest. The song struck a chord with music fans.

In fact, Agnetha had a total separate successful solo career aside from ABBA which is why her inclusion on the first three albums came with a courtesy of CBS Cupol.

Edited by Segue Myles

Alright, if this doesn't do it, then there is too much estrogen in the public water supply

Says the dude who loves ABBA. :))

lol

touché !

I don't agree with Digital Dad's statement. Dude ABBA were wonderful. Never pretended to be anything other than what they are.

• Like 1

boring motherfu@kers

we need to get some of you in the back seat of the Formula 455 for some lawn driving

:LOL: "boring"? :LOL:

Because we don't like Skull Daze like you do? You know what's boring? That band's name.

Learn to accept people not liking all of your tastes in music. Being a Rush fan, you should be used to that by now.

• Like 1