Animals VS ICOTCK

Union 5-3992

Which Album is Better?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is better?

• Pink Floyd - Animals
    • King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King

Tougher than i first thought.

Animals just might be my favorite Pink Floyd album.

In the Court of the Crimson King is not my favorite King Crimson album. But, it does contain some stellar songs. "Moonchild" does drag on a bit.

Hmmm...

For now, at this moment, I vote for Animals.

I think Animals blows it to pieces, they're both so different. ITCOTCK is so beloved and Animals is considered an album Floyd fans like a lot other than the big three. Figured it'd be a good matchup

I wouldn't say it blows it to pieces.

ITCOTCK contributed to defining Prog rock. "21st Century Schizoid Man", "Epitaph" and "The Court of the Crimson King" are monster songs. And "I Talk to the Wind" is a very pleasant listen. It's essentially Prog rock defined.

But, at this moment, for now, I still prefer Animals. Probably because it was the last Pink Floyd album were Roger Waters wasn't a totally domineering prick. All the band members shine.

• Like 1

Love Floyd,love Animals.Gilmour shines on this album.However ITCOTCK must surely be one of the defining prog rock albums,and the birth of the mellotron.Pure class.My vote goes to ITCOTCK.

Love Floyd and Animals, but have to go with Krim.

It sort of is an apples/oranges comparison though - the debut album of edgy pioneers vs. an album released arguably at the height of the career of one of the greatest.

I'm not surprised more have chosen Animals - it's more accessible in a way (Floyd is more accessible). Krim has always had this element of dissonance and open improvisations (Floyd's spacey bits seem more choreographed.)