2015-16 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

What do Lindsey Graham and Tom Brady have in common?

Besides lack of accuracy more than 25 yards downfield.

Oh and really enjoying putting their hands "under center"...

They both cry in the key of D#?

• Like 1

Upheld...The Garofalo era starts now....

Destroying your cell phone is an admission of guilt. I still think the violation itself meant nothing, but destroying evidence is not defensible.

It's always the cover up. I'm just surprised that Brady has made every bad decision possible to ensure this story doesn't go away.

• Like 2

Destroying your cell phone is an admission of guilt. I still think the violation itself meant nothing, but destroying evidence is not defensible.

It's always the cover up. I'm just surprised that Brady has made every bad decision possible to ensure this story doesn't go away.

Now he's posted something on his Facebook page claiming his innocence.

I think it's Apple's fault. If only they had released the iPhone 6 5 days later, the suspension would have been lifted.

It was pretty comical listening to the Patriots homer on Sirius this morning try to claim he was innocent. :LOL: I just wish I had access to WEEI today, that has to be funnier than a man in the crowd interview at a Trump or Bernie rally. Or someone vouching for Hillary's integrity.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

I think it's Apple's fault. If only they had released the iPhone 6 5 days later, the suspension would have been lifted.

It was pretty comical listening to the Patriots homer on Sirius this morning try to claim he was innocent. :LOL: I just wish I had access to WEEI today, that has to be funnier than a man in the crowd interview at a Trump or Bernie rally. Or someone vouching for Hillary's integrity.

Hillary's integrity? :laughing guy:

Back to Brady,

Some good points made here. I don't like the thought of turning over one's phone. Maybe in a serious situation where murder ect. is involved. But at the same time, if he has nothing to hide it looks really bad. At this point its just a circus.

Back to Brady,

Some good points made here. I don't like the thought of turning over one's phone. Maybe in a serious situation where murder ect. is involved. But at the same time, if he has nothing to hide it looks really bad. At this point its just a circus.

Apparently he turned over all his phone records tied to the phone he destroyed. If that is true then who cares what the hell he did with the phone considering he was not obligated to turn it over.
  • Like 1

His statement was very carefully worded most of the time. With regards to his phone, even if it were broken he could have kept it and turned it over...I've recovered a lot of information from wiped or broken devices. Also, regarding the lack of a settlement offer...it seems that he was provided a settlement offer, refused it and provided a counter which was rejected. His phrasing regarding the issue is misleading at best on both counts.

And the argument that no one in the Patriots organization did anything wrong is absurd on its face.

• Like 1

Back to Brady,

Apparently he turned over all his phone records tied to the phone he destroyed. If that is true then who cares what the hell he did with the phone considering he was not obligated to turn it over.

Because there's a difference between telling people who you message and showing them what is in the message.

• Like 1

Back to Brady,

Because there's a difference between telling people who you message and showing them what is in the message.

But the assistants (equipment managers) who were questioned voluntarily turned over their phones. So why was Brady's phone needed if they can easily read the texts on the assistants phones? Although the text messages couldn’t be retrieved directly from Brady’s phone, his agents provided all of the phone numbers with which Brady exchanged text messages. His agents also said that the league could attempt to get the actual text messages from the phones of the people with whom Brady communicated, but the league refused to attempt to try, claiming that it would be too hard to track down the various people and to persuade them to cooperate. The frikin multi-billion $$$ NFL states they don't have the resources to track down text messages surrounding a 4 week period? Bottom line is Goodell went into this appeal with one goal, an admission and apology from Brady guilty or not, nothing less would reduce the suspension. Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

Back to Brady,

But the assistants (equipment managers) who were questioned voluntarily turned over their phones. So why was Brady's phone needed if they can easily read the texts on the assistants phones? Although the text messages couldn’t be retrieved directly from Brady’s phone, his agents provided all of the phone numbers with which Brady exchanged text messages. His agents also said that the league could attempt to get the actual text messages from the phones of the people with whom Brady communicated, but the league refused to attempt to try, claiming that it would be too hard to track down the various people and to persuade them to cooperate. The frikin multi-billion $$$ NFL states they don't have the resources to track down text messages surrounding a 4 week period? Bottom line is Goodell went into this appeal with one goal, an admission and apology from Brady guilty or not, nothing less would reduce the suspension.

Why would the NFL have to seek out people who they don't employ and try and convince them to hand over their cell phones, when Brady could have just showed them the messages himself? The NFL even said that their lawyer could retain physical control of the phone and only hand over the messages that he felt were responsive to the NFL query. I mean, how the hell can you say no to such an offer and still try and maintain innocence? Once you add in destroying the old "broken" cell phone and lying about that being his standard practice (it wasn't), it is shocking to me that there is anyone who would still defend Brady.

Argue that the punishment doesn't fit the crime, that the league was trying to make an example of him or the Pats, or that the rule is stupid, but don't argue that Brady didn't cheat or at least know about the cheating.

• Like 1

NFL asks police to keep an eye out for Patriots fans at Goodell’s house

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 29, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT

goodell.jpg?w=220

The NFL is reportedly concerned about Commissioner Roger Goodell’s personal safety as a result of his decision to suspend Tom Brady for the first four games of the season.

According to the Portland Press Herald, Goodell owns a $6.5 million house in Scarborough, Maine, an area where most fans’ allegiance is to the Patriots. As a result, the NFL contacted Scarborough police just before Goodell announced his decision to uphold Brady’s suspension.

“They did reach out and let us know about the decision and that it might not be popular,” said Scarborough Police Chief Robbie Moulton.

Moulton added that there have been no problems or threats, but the police department is aware of the possibility of fans expressing their displeasure if Goodell makes an unpopular decision.

“We’re aware of the situation and will be patrolling the area certainly,” Moulton said. “In the past, when there have been unpopular decisions, there have been emails and things. I wouldn’t say it rose to the level of threats, but certainly expressing unhappiness.”

It should go without saying that Goodell and his family should be free of threats and harassment in their own home. If Goodell is concerned about the reactions of Patriots fans around his home, however, it will probably be a long time before he takes in a game at Gillette Stadium.

Back to Brady,

If thats the case,

Lets see Goodell's phone records. Now that would be interesting.

• Like 1

goodell.jpg?w=220

The NFL is reportedly concerned about Commissioner Roger Goodell’s personal safety as a result of his decision to suspend Tom Brady for the first four games of the season.

According to the Portland Press Herald, Goodell owns a $6.5 million house in Scarborough, Maine, an area where most fans’ allegiance is to the Patriots. As a result, the NFL contacted Scarborough police just before Goodell announced his decision to uphold Brady’s suspension.

“They did reach out and let us know about the decision and that it might not be popular,” said Scarborough Police Chief Robbie Moulton.

Moulton added that there have been no problems or threats, but the police department is aware of the possibility of fans expressing their displeasure if Goodell makes an unpopular decision.

“We’re aware of the situation and will be patrolling the area certainly,” Moulton said. “In the past, when there have been unpopular decisions, there have been emails and things. I wouldn’t say it rose to the level of threats, but certainly expressing unhappiness.”

It should go without saying that Goodell and his family should be free of threats and harassment in their own home. If Goodell is concerned about the reactions of Patriots fans around his home, however, it will probably be a long time before he takes in a game at Gillette Stadium.

If they hung him on a tree in his front yard, I'd sleep like a baby.
  • Like 1

goodell.jpg?w=220

If they hung him on a tree in his front yard, I'd sleep like a baby.

With as much money as he's getting paid he should be fine even living up in Maine.

I have been to Bucs training camp a few times now. Definitly feeling a different energy in this group than last years. Big standout for me our 5th round pick Kenny Bell from Nebraska very impressive kid that makes things happen whenever the pigskin is in hand. Winston looking good but we'll have to wait and see when different colored jerseys are chasing him down and in his face. Our biggest weakness last year Offensive Line jury still out but seems improved. I am going to 5 games this year as this is the 1st season in many, many moons I have had any optimisim about. I bougt a 1/2 season pack and will be at Cleveland Browns (the best preseason game 3) I hope our defense eats McClown for breakfast at dinner time. Week 1 home opener Vs Tennessee Titans the two top draft picks under center. I hate to think what the buzz will be if Winston chokes and Mariota shines it will be ugly here!! Week 4 Carolina Panthers always a dog fight here and I will get to see the ceremony that inducts my all time favorite Bucs player Mike "The A Train" Alstott into the "Ring of Honor" at Raymond James Stadium. Week 10 Dallas Cowboys which has always been a credible threat to the "Tampa Two" defensive scheme. Finally week 14 New Orleans Saints historically another divisional barn burner. So much to ponder and speculate but one thing for sure I am feeling the excitement that football season is right around the corner. With the Hall of Fame game on tomorrow the next weekend with no NFL football on will be in 2016! C'mon football season Lets GO Bucs!!!

:madra: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :madra: :cheers: :popcorn:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Probably another rough season for Da Bears.

Jay Cutler is still Jay Cutler. Even with Alshon Jeffry and (if he turns out to be good) Kevin White at his disposal, he still has to throw the ball to them and not the other team. Matt Forte is quite the underrated running back, but he's hitting 30 this year and will start losing steam fast.

Yeeesh.

Edited by BowlCity

I have been to Bucs training camp a few times now. Definitly feeling a different energy in this group than last years. Big standout for me our 5th round pick Kenny Bell from Nebraska very impressive kid that makes things happen whenever the pigskin is in hand. Winston looking good but we'll have to wait and see when different colored jerseys are chasing him down and in his face. Our biggest weakness last year Offensive Line jury still out but seems improved. I am going to 5 games this year as this is the 1st season in many, many moons I have had any optimisim about. I bougt a 1/2 season pack and will be at Cleveland Browns (the best preseason game 3) I hope our defense eats McClown for breakfast at dinner time. Week 1 home opener Vs Tennessee Titans the two top draft picks under center. I hate to think what the buzz will be if Winston chokes and Mariota shines it will be ugly here!! Week 4 Carolina Panthers always a dog fight here and I will get to see the ceremony that inducts my all time favorite Bucs player Mike "The A Train" Alstott into the "Ring of Honor" at Raymond James Stadium. Week 10 Dallas Cowboys which has always been a credible threat to the "Tampa Two" defensive scheme. Finally week 14 New Orleans Saints historically another divisional barn burner. So much to ponder and speculate but one thing for sure I am feeling the excitement that football season is right around the corner. With the Hall of Fame game on tomorrow the next weekend with no NFL football on will be in 2016! C'mon football season Lets GO Bucs!!!

Kenny Bell is awesome. Gonna miss him while watching Nebraska football.

• Like 1

Kenny Bell is awesome. Gonna miss him while watching Nebraska football.

I bet you will, I got to see some film of the kid at draft time. But seeing him live in practice truly impressive! Very excited to see how is going to make defenses second guess Bell?Evans? Jackson? It is going to be fun to watch!

Tempers are starting to flare at training camps across the league. You have Cam Newton of Carolina getting into a fight with team mates. Geno Smith of the NY Jets getting a broken jaw from a sucker punch from a now unemployed team mate. Even at Bucs camp there were skirmishes between defensive and offensive linemen in which Jamis Winston had to get in the middle of to break up. The boys are getting tired of hitting each other and are chomping at the bit to hit guys in different uniforms. Just a sign that the official season is closer than ever. Hurrayyyy

;-)

• Like 1

...or it's evidence that the NFL's "image" problem is a lot more than just its image (surprise, surprise).

Being on the same team needs to mean more again than it does these days, evidently.

In other news...I just checked NFL Network to see what was being broadcast tonight, because I've been fairly out of the loop. Go Packers! (They're not my absolutely most-loved team, but I like them. And against the loathsome Patriots, it's a no-brainer).

• Like 1