Jump to content


What songs are your current jams?


  • Please log in to reply
653 replies to this topic

#641 _hi_water._

_hi_water._

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5446 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:Music, movies, VHS tapes

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:41 AM




Sponsored Post

#642 Super25Smasher

Super25Smasher

    The Oracle

  • Members *
  • 10615 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Playing Bass Guitar, singing, songwriting,

Posted 07 September 2020 - 07:18 PM

Hoobastank - Crawling in the Dark
Dayseeker - Sleeptalk

#643 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

    The Movie Star

  • Members *
  • 20801 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Youngsville, NC
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:12 AM

Right now, the latest I'm into is music by Zola Jesus. She's been around since around 2010. Zola Jesus is a stage name she uses, it's not her actual name. She's very electronic, uses strings, and is somewhat goth and might be what can be called "Dark Wave". Her stuff is not for everyone's tastes though, but it caught my attention several years ago.

#644 Fridge

Fridge

    The Freezable Fridge™

  • Members *
  • 11098 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:05 AM

Jinjer - Pisces

The Wildhearts - Mazel Tov Cocktail

Rush - By-Tor and the Snow Dog

#645 gerkildare

gerkildare

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ireland
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Natural-Science [!!], Renovating Homes [honest!], Leeds United :)

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:37 PM

[Hope I'm putting this in the right place, folks...]

In 'The Trees', I just can't figure out what/how Alex plays in the 'bridge' before the guitar solo - it sounds like an arpeggiated passage but I can't pick out all the notes accurately!
Can anybody help me with this before I lose [what's left of] my mind?

;) G

#646 Fridge

Fridge

    The Freezable Fridge™

  • Members *
  • 11098 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:49 AM

View Postgerkildare, on 15 September 2020 - 02:37 PM, said:

[Hope I'm putting this in the right place, folks...]

In 'The Trees', I just can't figure out what/how Alex plays in the 'bridge' before the guitar solo - it sounds like an arpeggiated passage but I can't pick out all the notes accurately!
Can anybody help me with this before I lose [what's left of] my mind?

;) G

This is purely from memory as i'm not near my guitar and I can't remember the exact notes....

Pick out the "root notes" first before worrying about the others and get that pattern in your mind.....after that It's just a simple matter of ringing out the open strings in an arpeggiated pattern in between.....hope thats clear

#647 pjbear05

pjbear05

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3768 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:36 PM

This.  Everybody blitzing the fretboard like madmen, and there in backbeat is Scott Ian, steady as a rock.
And fukkin Brad Paisley to boot.

http://m.youtube.com...v=6i0a7RDPkM8It

#648 gerkildare

gerkildare

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ireland
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Natural-Science [!!], Renovating Homes [honest!], Leeds United :)

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:03 PM

View PostFridge, on 16 September 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

View Postgerkildare, on 15 September 2020 - 02:37 PM, said:

[Hope I'm putting this in the right place, folks...]

In 'The Trees', I just can't figure out what/how Alex plays in the 'bridge' before the guitar solo - it sounds like an arpeggiated passage but I can't pick out all the notes accurately!
Can anybody help me with this before I lose [what's left of] my mind?

;) G

This is purely from memory as i'm not near my guitar and I can't remember the exact notes....

Pick out the "root notes" first before worrying about the others and get that pattern in your mind.....after that It's just a simple matter of ringing out the open strings in an arpeggiated pattern in between.....hope thats clear

Yep - I thought it was something like that alright!
Trouble is, when I start on the open strings/notes my brain gets muddled [!] cos the note pitches are/seem lower than where your fretting hand is [on the neck]
[Not sure that makes sense? I was kinda hoping someone would have a tab version of it!! :) ]

Thanks Fridge
;) G

#649 Fridge

Fridge

    The Freezable Fridge™

  • Members *
  • 11098 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:31 PM

View Postgerkildare, on 16 September 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

View PostFridge, on 16 September 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

View Postgerkildare, on 15 September 2020 - 02:37 PM, said:

[Hope I'm putting this in the right place, folks...]

In 'The Trees', I just can't figure out what/how Alex plays in the 'bridge' before the guitar solo - it sounds like an arpeggiated passage but I can't pick out all the notes accurately!
Can anybody help me with this before I lose [what's left of] my mind?

;) G

This is purely from memory as i'm not near my guitar and I can't remember the exact notes....

Pick out the "root notes" first before worrying about the others and get that pattern in your mind.....after that It's just a simple matter of ringing out the open strings in an arpeggiated pattern in between.....hope thats clear

Yep - I thought it was something like that alright!
Trouble is, when I start on the open strings/notes my brain gets muddled [!] cos the note pitches are/seem lower than where your fretting hand is [on the neck]
[Not sure that makes sense? I was kinda hoping someone would have a tab version of it!! :) ]

Thanks Fridge
;) G

This is in 5/4 (I HATE 5/4!)

e|-------------------------------|-----------------------------------|
B|-------0--------------0--------|-------0---------------------------|
G|-----0--------0-----0--------0-|-----0-------0--------0-----0------|
D|--12------11-----14------11----|--12------11----12-14----11--------|
A|-------------------------------|-----------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------|-----------------------------------|

#650 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

    Many Happy Returns

  • Members *
  • 8453 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

Posted 19 September 2020 - 05:56 AM

Joe Satriani - Nineteen Eighty

Johnny Winter - Rock me Baby

#651 Super25Smasher

Super25Smasher

    The Oracle

  • Members *
  • 10615 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Playing Bass Guitar, singing, songwriting,

Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:23 AM

Wage War - Stitch
The Beatles - She Said, She Said
Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name
Movements - Colorblind
Movements - Suffer Through
Dance Gavin Dance - Parody Catharsis
The Devil Wears Prada - Lines of Your Hand

#652 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1147 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet, Grad School of Rock, Pilates, indoor climbing, community theater

Posted Yesterday, 08:32 PM

My school of rock has started again, we all wear masks, we had to bring our own mics for singing and we stand behind plastic partitions when we sing.  plus we’re all separated in the room. Luckily there’s only a few of us. We’re probably gonna do some sort of live streaming for a performance in November.

Right now we’re working on A whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC and I’m playing bass and it is SO MUCH FUN.

#653 Super25Smasher

Super25Smasher

    The Oracle

  • Members *
  • 10615 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Playing Bass Guitar, singing, songwriting,

Posted Today, 10:37 AM

View PostLaurabw, on 28 September 2020 - 08:32 PM, said:

My school of rock has started again, we all wear masks, we had to bring our own mics for singing and we stand behind plastic partitions when we sing.  plus we’re all separated in the room. Luckily there’s only a few of us. We’re probably gonna do some sort of live streaming for a performance in November.

Right now we’re working on A whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC and I’m playing bass and it is SO MUCH FUN.
I've played that song on bass before! It's quite fun.

#654 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1147 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet, Grad School of Rock, Pilates, indoor climbing, community theater

Posted Today, 11:43 AM

View PostSuper25Smasher, on 29 September 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

View PostLaurabw, on 28 September 2020 - 08:32 PM, said:

My school of rock has started again, we all wear masks, we had to bring our own mics for singing and we stand behind plastic partitions when we sing.  plus we’re all separated in the room. Luckily there’s only a few of us. We’re probably gonna do some sort of live streaming for a performance in November.

Right now we’re working on A whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC and I’m playing bass and it is SO MUCH FUN.
I've played that song on bass before! It's quite fun.
right? I’ve only learned aand played a handful Of songs on bass with SOR, but this one just makes me feel like a rock star, lol. Loud, fast, pounding.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users