Books You WANT Movies to Be Made of.

Mr. Not

Anybody ever read "Headhunter" by Michael Slade ?

Nasty horror novel with an amazing ending

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't own the novel any more - is Michael Slade a nom de plume for two writers?

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't own the novel any more - is Michael Slade a nom de plume for two writers?

Yes, I believe it was at least two writers .. From what I remember, Headhunter was the first ( 1984 ) of a number of horror novels, and as time went on, the writers changed, with Jay Clarke being the mainstay ..

I have read a few others, but none had the vibe of Headhunter ... Some of it was over-the-top, but the end - wow

Yes, I believe it was at least two writers .. From what I remember, Headhunter was the first ( 1984 ) of a number of horror novels, and as time went on, the writers changed, with Jay Clarke being the mainstay ..

I have read a few others, but none had the vibe of Headhunter ... Some of it was over-the-top, but the end - wow

I have only the vaguest recollection of it. It's been years. I can re-read a book I read a few years ago and it'll be like a brand new book--I don't usually remember anything. Yet I can remember a totally trivial piece of knowledge like the fact that the author's name is a pseudonym. . .

Eddings...the Belgariad

Oooh, I loved all those books. Not only the Belgariad but also the others series that followed.

Rereading Tad Williams Memory, Sorrow and Thorn atm, but recently I remembered those books and wondered if they might be worth a revisit!

I do remember finding them really disappointing after Harry Potter, but I do think they have bundles of charm!

A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K Le Guin.

Didn't they make a mini series of this that kind of sucked?

Yes, it was utterly rank and not like the books at all...they tried to make it like another generic fantasy tale which is a shame as these books are rather different in character and much more interesting....an opportunity gone begging I would say.

I wish someone would have a proper stab at it as I believe its doable with the right treatment.

Edited by Fridge

Yes, it was utterly rank and not like the books at all...they tried to make it like another generic fantasy tale which is a shame as these books are rather different in character and much more interesting....an opportunity gone begging I would say.

I wish someone would have a proper stab at it as I believe its doable with the right treatment.

I remember reading it when I was a kid and I really liked it.

This is both a book and a music album....

Clockwork Angels! That would be a awesome movie!

No. It would suck. Terribly.

The story, the book, was turgid rubbish.

• Like 2

It was also turned into a fairl decent anime film by the son of Hayao Miyazaki: Tales From Earthsea.

Not one of Studio Ghibli's masterworks, but the animation is fairly nice and its all round pretty good!

• Like 1

No no, you are wrong. It was flaccid rubbish! :D

• Like 1

No no, you are wrong. It was flaccid rubbish! :D

Limp, limp and limp!

Now an adaptation of 2112, with the soundtrack based on the album, with threads of ideas taken from Cygnus (and Xanadu), and animated by the guy who did the original Lord Of The Rings, in vintage eighties style animation and a kickass voice cast...could be MINDBLOWING!

In either a good or bad way...but still.

• Like 1

It was also turned into a fairl decent anime film by the son of Hayao Miyazaki: Tales From Earthsea.

Not one of Studio Ghibli's masterworks, but the animation is fairly nice and its all round pretty good!

The anime artwork was actually ok, but the trouble is that the storylines didn't really resemble the books at all...

if you haven't read them I highly recommend that you do so...they are classed as young adult fiction, but imo explore far deeper and darker themes than that.

• Like 2