Quitting My Job, Because Principles DO Matter

Principled Man

What do you do when your employer allows the reinstatement of a corrupt punk co-worker, who was fired for gross misconduct and vandalism of company property?

What do you do when this punk (who was a popular member of the union good-old boy club) made your life hell everyday for the past two years, via his intentional sabotage of your job.....in addition to blackballing you because you dared to stand up to his buddy, a drunken loser who was abusive to you everyday (and got himself fired for it)?

What do you do when your employer tells you that this punk is being reinstated to his job after SEVEN MONTHS?

What do you do when you are being forcibly demoted back to your old job, on the SAME SHIFT as this punk, destined to endure the same abuse and disrespect for who knows how long.....? Years, perhaps....?

YOU QUIT. That is what you do.

I don't care about the huge loss of revenue.

I don't care about the uncertainty of my future.

I don't care about having to move in with my mother until I can start all over again....which may be never.

ANYTHING is better than going back to that horrible job with such impotent management and such horrible co-workers.

Grain dust everywhere. Freezing cold. Working 6-7 days a week. Asshole union goonbahs. Cowardly and incompetent managers.

http://www.lixlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/quitlol.gif

• Like 16

Wow! You've got balls...and more power to you.

Good luck in the future. Just by reading your posts here, if you decide to work for someone else, they're getting a hell of a bright, industrious employee.

The best of luck to you!!!!!

• Like 4

What do you do? Feel like moving to the Milwaukee area? My dad knows a ton of people in the civil market, and I in the technology sector

Why would anyone want to move anywhere where there are so many Brewer and Packer fans?

• Like 2

What do you do? Feel like moving to the Milwaukee area? My dad knows a ton of people in the civil market, and I in the technology sector

Thanks for the offer, good buddy, but family responsibilities keep me bound here in Western Wisconsin. My niece would order me to go to Milwaukee, though, just to get her choice Brewer tickets, of course..... :P :P

That really takes courage, Workaholic Man. The first step is admitting that you have a problem. Perhaps Workaholic_in_recovery Man as a new screen name ;)

Seriously though, I wish the best for you and your family. Life is short. Nobody ever lay on their death bed and wished they'd spent more time at work.

• Like 1

WM,

Sorry to hear the bad news!! Wow, that smells that a big time OSHA lawsuit to me!! If you don't mind me asking, how many employees work at this "dump" anyway/Is it a public company? Work environment harassment is a big no no if you can prove it by going whistleblower on them....They really want SEC investigators sniffin' around??...bad press always works....get a lawyer and sue their ass off......

Edited by rushfanforever!

Good for you. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I had to quit a job in 1991 and it took me almost ten years to get back to the same level of success. It's still worth it. I can remember to this day how good it felt to get right in that asswipe's face and tell him to shove the job straight up his ass.

• Like 2

Will you be changing your screen name ?

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: ........................... How about The Principled Man ? My principles are about all I have left....... :gumby: :gumby:

I work for a City Municipality where the head cheese is corrupt and regularly commits EPA and State violations. I regularly sit on the fence about whistle blowing but fear for my job. I have debated quitting many times but the job market here is very tough and it took me 1 and 1/2 years to find the job I am in after being laid off from my other job of 17 years. Principles do matter, but knowing what I face if I quit is sobering.

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I admire you for that.

I hope you find something else soon and prosper. :cheers:

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I admire you for that. :cheers:

Indeed.......I appreciate all the good wishes from everyone. In my particular case, quitting is a matter of survival. You do what you have to do to survive. I don't feel particularly courageous or noble abut quitting.

All I know is that I have zero chance of maintaining my sanity as well as my job if I stay. Might as well leave now and avoid any hostilities and their legal consequences..... :o :o

Indeed.......I appreciate all the good wishes from everyone. In my particular case, quitting is a matter of survival. You do what you have to do to survive. I don't feel particularly courageous or noble abut quitting.

All I know is that I have zero chance of maintaining my sanity as well as my job if I stay. Might as well leave now and avoid any hostilities and their legal consequences..... :o :o

Yes, for your survival. For the sake of your nervous system. All the best to you WM :cheers:

Yeah, your sanity is certainly more important than having your name/reputation dragged thru the mud! My hubby did a whistleblower case about 3 years ago due to wrongful termination. He won the case, but apparently it got around and must be on some blacklist as he hasn't be able to find work locally. He comes home on the weekends now. Totally Sucks!!!!

:rage: :rage:

I was asked to leave today, although I had given notice that next Friday would be my last day. I left with no fanfare and few remarks.

The new plant manager became aware of the severe contempt I had for the punk, and was concerned about the possibility of violence on company grounds. (To be honest, I made a couple of very melodramatic and insincere comments about what I felt like doing to the punk. Word of that spread around very quickly...... :facepalm: ) I assured the plant manager that I had no interest in any hostilities or violence towards anyone, and that if he wanted me to leave now, I would. I told him that I should have walked out the day I found out that the punk was coming back.

It was interesting.....the looks on their faces....the plant manager, my department manager, the H/R lady......I don't think they were prepared to hear such blunt talk. They weren't used to seeing someone have zero interest in keeping his job. They didn't have much to say, as their hands were tied. This punk was coming back due to a legal ruling, and there was nothing they could do about it. No one in management wanted him to return, but the corrupt union good 'ole boy club sure did want him back.

I got out of my work uniform, gathered my lunchbox and personal items, and got the Hell out of there. I drove home with a strong sense of relief. Feelings of outrage for sure, as there is absolutely no justice in me losing my job while some corrupt punk gets his job back.

Overall, I'm just glad to be OUT of there...... :yes: :yes: :yes:

• Like 1

Wow, WM... I'm sorry that things had to come to this for you, and wish you all the best! It's just not fair when something like this happens. I'm glad you're doing what is best for you and hope you find good work with good people! You deserve it!

Sending happy thoughts your way! :)

• Like 2

Wow, WM... I'm sorry that things had to come to this for you, and wish you all the best! It's just not fair when something like this happens. I'm glad you're doing what is best for you and hope you find good work with good people! You deserve it!

Sending happy thoughts your way! :)

This. :hug2:

• Like 2