Quitting My Job, Because Principles DO Matter

Principled Man

Plays that song long and proud as he can

Whaddaya think

Change your name to

Pharmaceutical Man?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

As I'll be working 3rd shift, perhaps I should change my name to Nocturnal Man..... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Congrats. I work a 5-5 overnight shift. Pace yourself.

Whaddaya think

Change your name to

Pharmaceutical Man?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

As I'll be working 3rd shift, perhaps I should change my name to Nocturnal Man..... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

My bro in law and his daughter, my niece work rotating shifts at Conoco Philips (one time Exxon bayway) refinery at Rahway NJ

3rd shift are allowed ro sneak naps...hope you can catch a few winks here n there if needed

Whaddaya think

Change your name to

Pharmaceutical Man?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

My bro in law and his daughter, my niece work rotating shifts at Conoco Philips (one time Exxon bayway) refinery at Rahway NJ

3rd shift are allowed ro sneak naps...hope you can catch a few winks here n there if needed

It's all good. I've worked 3rd shift before.....and this shift is EASY. 7pm - 4am.......Far better than a true graveyard shift like 11pm-7am, which SUCKS..... :rage:

And far, FAR better than the 60 to 90-hour weeks I used to work..... :yes:

• Like 1

Well, boys and girls, it's been almost five months of unemployment, uncertainty, anxiety, and ever-tiring patience........BUT NO LONGER!!! I am very happy to announce that the dark days are OVAH.......and the bright nights have just begun!!! :7up: :7up:

I start next week at a pharmaceutical distribution center, working Sunday-Thursday, 7pm-4am. Get this: Excellent starting pay, full benefits, 401(k), and FOUR weeks of vacation and several personal days right from the start..... :o :D Shipping out anything and everything that drug stores need, from Crest toothpaste to the heavy narcotic medications. The security gates around the place are impressive....

I certainly do NOT recommend doing what I did - quitting one's job cold turkey, with no assurance that you'll find another job. Being unemployed for five months was NOT fun. I'm just happy that I stuck to my principles, which were ultimately victorious.

Next step: Study all night and tomorrow for the approaching urine test.... ;)

congrats! :haz:

Four weeks of vacation is SWEET! :banana:

Well, boys and girls, it's been almost five months of unemployment, uncertainty, anxiety, and ever-tiring patience........BUT NO LONGER!!! I am very happy to announce that the dark days are OVAH.......and the bright nights have just begun!!! :7up: :7up:

I start next week at a pharmaceutical distribution center, working Sunday-Thursday, 7pm-4am. Get this: Excellent starting pay, full benefits, 401(k), and FOUR weeks of vacation and several personal days right from the start..... :o :D Shipping out anything and everything that drug stores need, from Crest toothpaste to the heavy narcotic medications. The security gates around the place are impressive....

I certainly do NOT recommend doing what I did - quitting one's job cold turkey, with no assurance that you'll find another job. Being unemployed for five months was NOT fun. I'm just happy that I stuck to my principles, which were ultimately victorious.

Congratulations, PM! It is not an easy road. As someone who has twice quit jobs cold turkey with no assurance of a new one (and moved across the country too), I can relate to your experience.

Congratulations again. http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/galactica/cylon/cylon002.gif

Heh - if the cup melts, don't even bother handing in the sample!

Glad to hear the days of unemployment have come to an end. 7pm-4am isn't awful, either. Still plenty of dark hours to grab some sleep once you get home.