Jump to content


Hot Sauces and Hot Foods


  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 JARG

JARG

    Pinky Moe

  • Members *
  • 24356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just east of Lyra, northwest of Pegasus...
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

It's more salsa than sauce, but this is my fave:

Posted Image

Sponsored Post

#22 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 25374 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

Franks
Crystal
Tabasco
Sriracha - I actually like the Sprouts and Trader Joe's brand because it's not as spicy as the Huy Fong brand.

Just tried the new Tabasco steak sauce and it's delicious.

#23 Steevo

Steevo

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 12991 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

A few Mex and Thai dishes over the years.

#24 Thebuckeye2112

Thebuckeye2112

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United States (North Carolina)
  • Interests:Rush, Legend of Zelda, Vikings, Dragons, Synthesizers, Kerbal Space Program, Archery, Climbing, Travel, Writing, Space, Architecture, Aviation, Cosplay

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:23 PM

Not too long ago I moved to Winston-Salem, from Iowa and if there is one Hot Sauce that I see throughout the city it is Texas Pete, which I enjoy their hotter version, especially if I am having scrambled eggs in the morning.

#25 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

    A modern day warrior

  • Members *
  • 13713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ammoflage
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, listening to music. Reading.

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

tabasco sauce on cottage cheese.

#26 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

    Commit to the Indian

  • Members *
  • 26929 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 17 May 2020 - 02:36 PM

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it.  :banghead:

#27 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 35379 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 17 May 2020 - 03:51 PM

View Posttangy, on 05 April 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

This is the thread that will give you jalaproctitis!

I have tried many hot sauces and my favorite is likely considered boring by many but I think Franks is my fave. Really more flavor than heat, i can drink this stuff straight but love it.

Tabasco is probably two and Melindas is at three.

Melinda's is my favorite. Plenty of heat but with lots of flavor.

#28 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35051 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:00 PM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 08 April 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

tabasco sauce on cottage cheese.

I’m no doctor but you might be pregnant

#29 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35051 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it.  :banghead:

That’s true - I like it too but I can’t enjoy too much of it. It’s a love/hate relation

#30 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

    Commit to the Indian

  • Members *
  • 26929 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:48 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it.  :banghead:

That’s true - I like it too but I can’t enjoy too much of it. It’s a love/hate relation
There was a girl at my work that could eat that soup with no problem. When I asked: "how do you do it?", she just shrugged her shoulders. I think she was an alien.

#31 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35051 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:53 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it.  :banghead:

That’s true - I like it too but I can’t enjoy too much of it. It’s a love/hate relation
There was a girl at my work that could eat that soup with no problem. When I asked: "how do you do it?", she just shrugged her shoulders. I think she was an alien.

I want to drink all of that soup but I just can't. I drink as much as I can but I've only finished it once...which was stupid. :lol:

#32 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

    Commit to the Indian

  • Members *
  • 26929 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:35 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it.  :banghead:

That’s true - I like it too but I can’t enjoy too much of it. It’s a love/hate relation
There was a girl at my work that could eat that soup with no problem. When I asked: "how do you do it?", she just shrugged her shoulders. I think she was an alien.

I want to drink all of that soup but I just can't. I drink as much as I can but I've only finished it once...which was stupid. :lol:
You're still a better man than me   :notworthy:  when it comes to  :spitwater:

#33 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35051 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:37 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 08:35 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it.  :banghead:

That’s true - I like it too but I can’t enjoy too much of it. It’s a love/hate relation
There was a girl at my work that could eat that soup with no problem. When I asked: "how do you do it?", she just shrugged her shoulders. I think she was an alien.

I want to drink all of that soup but I just can't. I drink as much as I can but I've only finished it once...which was stupid. :lol:
You're still a better man than me   :notworthy:  when it comes to  :spitwater:

:lol: Nah, it just means i was/am stupider than you AT LEAST once :lol:

#34 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

    Commit to the Indian

  • Members *
  • 26929 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:56 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 08:35 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it.  :banghead:

That’s true - I like it too but I can’t enjoy too much of it. It’s a love/hate relation
There was a girl at my work that could eat that soup with no problem. When I asked: "how do you do it?", she just shrugged her shoulders. I think she was an alien.

I want to drink all of that soup but I just can't. I drink as much as I can but I've only finished it once...which was stupid. :lol:
You're still a better man than me   :notworthy:  when it comes to  :spitwater:

:lol: Nah, it just means i was/am stupider than you AT LEAST once :lol:
All right, but tell me, did you have to drink a 24-pack of Ice Mountain afterwards or what?

#35 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35051 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:00 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 08:35 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it.  :banghead:

That’s true - I like it too but I can’t enjoy too much of it. It’s a love/hate relation
There was a girl at my work that could eat that soup with no problem. When I asked: "how do you do it?", she just shrugged her shoulders. I think she was an alien.

I want to drink all of that soup but I just can't. I drink as much as I can but I've only finished it once...which was stupid. :lol:
You're still a better man than me   :notworthy:  when it comes to  :spitwater:

:lol: Nah, it just means i was/am stupider than you AT LEAST once :lol:
All right, but tell me, did you have to drink a 24-pack of Ice Mountain afterwards or what?

:lol:

After eating hot foods I automatically want to guzzle beer or ice water. But it's better (not tastewise) to go with something thicker like milk tea or something similar. I do eat crackers anytime I eat hot and spicy cup ramen or Maruchan type stuff. Any crackers will do because I'm using them more as a protective layer and texture rather than a tasty compliment to the soup. I think too much about food :lol:

#36 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

    Commit to the Indian

  • Members *
  • 26929 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:13 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 08:35 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it.  :banghead:

That’s true - I like it too but I can’t enjoy too much of it. It’s a love/hate relation
There was a girl at my work that could eat that soup with no problem. When I asked: "how do you do it?", she just shrugged her shoulders. I think she was an alien.

I want to drink all of that soup but I just can't. I drink as much as I can but I've only finished it once...which was stupid. :lol:
You're still a better man than me   :notworthy:  when it comes to  :spitwater:

:lol: Nah, it just means i was/am stupider than you AT LEAST once :lol:
All right, but tell me, did you have to drink a 24-pack of Ice Mountain afterwards or what?

:lol:

After eating hot foods I automatically want to guzzle beer or ice water. But it's better (not tastewise) to go with something thicker like milk tea or something similar. I do eat crackers anytime I eat hot and spicy cup ramen or Maruchan type stuff. Any crackers will do because I'm using them more as a protective layer and texture rather than a tasty compliment to the soup. I think too much about food :lol:
I think I just heard Neil Peart, except this time, it was about spicy food.  :cheers:

#37 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35051 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:17 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 08:35 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 17 May 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it.  :banghead:

That’s true - I like it too but I can’t enjoy too much of it. It’s a love/hate relation
There was a girl at my work that could eat that soup with no problem. When I asked: "how do you do it?", she just shrugged her shoulders. I think she was an alien.

I want to drink all of that soup but I just can't. I drink as much as I can but I've only finished it once...which was stupid. :lol:
You're still a better man than me   :notworthy:  when it comes to  :spitwater:

:lol: Nah, it just means i was/am stupider than you AT LEAST once :lol:
All right, but tell me, did you have to drink a 24-pack of Ice Mountain afterwards or what?

:lol:

After eating hot foods I automatically want to guzzle beer or ice water. But it's better (not tastewise) to go with something thicker like milk tea or something similar. I do eat crackers anytime I eat hot and spicy cup ramen or Maruchan type stuff. Any crackers will do because I'm using them more as a protective layer and texture rather than a tasty compliment to the soup. I think too much about food :lol:
I think I just heard Neil Peart, except this time, it was about spicy food.  :cheers:

:lol:

I think I'm gonna rustle up some hot and spicy Maruchan ramen today in honor of Neil. Hold your fire!

#38 Fridge

Fridge

    The Freezable Fridge™

  • Members *
  • 11091 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:04 AM

Don't see the point of hot sauce...f***ing disgusting.

#39 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 11065 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:35 AM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 17 May 2020 - 03:51 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 05 April 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

This is the thread that will give you jalaproctitis!

I have tried many hot sauces and my favorite is likely considered boring by many but I think Franks is my fave. Really more flavor than heat, i can drink this stuff straight but love it.

Tabasco is probably two and Melindas is at three.

Melinda's is my favorite. Plenty of heat but with lots of flavor.

Yes indeed. Still love melindas.

I also have been getting into Marie Sharps habanero hot sauce. I also have been enjoying Dinosaur BBQ wango tango habanero bbq sauce.

That and I was able to get a bunch of frozen green chile from new mexico. i love new mexican food.

#40 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 11065 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:38 AM

View PostFridge, on 18 May 2020 - 06:04 AM, said:

Don't see the point of hot sauce...f***ing disgusting.

Lol

I guess given my love for hot sauce and your dislike of it, our user names are accurate!

Is it just hot sauce you dislike or all hot food? no spicy mexican, chinese, thai, indian or jamaican food for you?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users