rush to be on the colbert report???

rushfr:CP

Thank u OP for the heads up!! DVR set to go. Lakeside, I think there might be 3 jacks on the back of the box RCA jacks one for video 2 for audio. Long as you have it on your DVR, make sure you set the Colbert program to Manual Delete, or Delete whn I say so...otherwise it'll be gone in a couple weeks. Save it to the DVR and you can burn it onto a DVD whenever you want..long as you have a DVD burner.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both The Colbert Report, and The Daily Show that precedes it, are hiarious and very inciteful shows. It's really the only way I can handle hearing the news on TV and the only way that some truth manages to get out between the lines, at least on TV. The fact that Rush has chosen The Colbert Report to play on is BRILLIANT! yes.gif

I mean, I wish they were playing Far Cry or Armor & Sword instead of their most well known song ever, but what can you do? Why they're playing a 27 year old song instead of a new one hardly seems the way to turn people on to their current material, but I'd rather take that then nothing. This is gonna totally rock! yes.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 16 2008, 08:17 AM)
Both The Colbert Report, and The Daily Show that precedes it, are hiarious and very inciteful shows. It's really the only way I can handle hearing the news on TV and the only way that some truth manages to get out between the lines, at least on TV. The fact that Rush has chosen The Colbert Report to play on is BRILLIANT! yes.gif

I mean, I wish they were playing Far Cry or Armor & Sword instead of their most well known song ever, but what can you do? Why they're playing a 27 year old song instead of a new one hardly seems the way to turn people on to their current material, but I'd rather take that then nothing. This is gonna totally rock! yes.gif 1022.gif

Yup, I agree with what you say Goobs. Both are great shows. And why, oh why, Tom Sawyer? So many other great and newer songs. As much as I'd like to hear the two S&A songs you mentioned, I think it's very doubtful. They will play something people know them for.

I wonder how it will sound. Usually the bands on TV are mixed really dry, or not mixed correctly at all.

I wonder if they will use the South Park intro. That would be funny....

Maybe an interview?

How exciting! That just made my day.....

It would be cool if Steven Colbert makes a "RUSH" (Limbauh) reference, (as he does ocasionally) and then out walks 2.gif (even Neil).

Then they could chat for a little while before they play.

biggrin.gif 653.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Not the best song (not my choice), but definitely their most mainstream, most radio played piece, that connects to the masses.

It would be fun if they played 'Big Money', in this election year, and make a little statement.

QUOTE (krlowe @ Jul 16 2008, 08:14 AM)
I wonder how it will sound. Usually the bands on TV are mixed really dry, or not mixed correctly at all.

I wonder if they will use the South Park intro. That would be funny....

Maybe an interview?

How exciting! That just made my day.....

If any band does an extensive soundcheck for TV it will be Rush. I'm sure it will sound good.

I am wondering how much room they'll have. Colbert's studio looks kind of small.

Also been thinking about what gear they'll bring. I'm guessing Alex will have one or two half-stacks set up. If Geddy brings a chicken roaster the band may spend most of the interview explaining why tongue.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if a Rush Limbaugh reference is thrown in, as well.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 16 2008, 10:44 AM)
It's officially listed on the show's webpage: Colbert Repor.

Can't wait to see it!

trink39.gif

"Is Venezuela becoming such a grave threat that we're going to have to learn how to spell it?"

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Well, tonight I must drive my wife to the airport in Denver... at 7.

The Colbert Report comes on in Colorado at 9:30 I believe...

....So I should be back in time to watch!!!

NeilFinal.gif

So this is on at 11:30 pm EST ...correct? becuase I see on the ticker his show is on many other times today...but they might be old episodes?

They're new stuff wouldn't turn on a nymphomaniac.

I'd rather a newER song, but at least it's nothing off Snakes.

It's already bad enough that they're on a shit show like Colbert's.

Damn you're an unhappy person.

"It will mark the rock trio's first TV appearance since 1975, according to a press release"

That is so, not a true statement!

Not true? Which one did they miss because I don't know of any?

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 15 2008, 02:39 PM)
Singing Tom Sawyer?!

again?

wacko.gif

You were expecting The Larger Bowl ? atickhum.gif

Archived