rush to be on the colbert report???

rushfr:CP

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logging on a bit late tonight, but man, this just made my day! common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

As far as playing TS, I don't care if they get up there and set the weather forecast to music, it's still awesome!

QUOTE (rushfr:CP @ Jul 15 2008, 02:37 PM)
CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080715/ap_en_mu/tv_colbert_rush

Ok, please ignore my posting on Video Vertigo. Apparently, I am a bit slow eh.gif

QUOTE (IceVixen @ Jul 15 2008, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (rushfr:CP @ Jul 15 2008, 02:37 PM)
CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080715/ap_en_mu/tv_colbert_rush

Ok, please ignore my posting on Video Vertigo. Apparently, I am a bit slow eh.gif

no worries. you actually went to a logical spot to look for info on it.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jul 15 2008, 10:21 PM)
The Colbert report? Gimme a break...

If anything they should be on the Rick Mercer report. Colbert just ripped RMR off.

Oh well, I guess I'm happy 2.gif is on the boob tube. biggrin.gif

who is Rick Mercer?

This is so incredible... two things I love very very much coming together: Rush and Colbert. I was flipping out over his past Rush reference, but this is a whole new dimension of awe for me!

I think it's great that Rush chose to go on that show after shunning TV appearances for over 30 years. The fact that they're fans of hilarious writers like Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Rick Moranis, and Stephen Colbert really shows their sense of humor.

Comcast Digital Cable DVR - all set to record. Sucks that I can't transfer it to the computer though...not that I know of?

QUOTE (ofsalesmen @ Jul 15 2008, 10:41 PM)
The fact that they're fans of hilarious writers like Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Rick Moranis, and Stephen Colbert really shows their sense of humor.

don't forget Matt Groening and Seth MacFarlane too! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 15 2008, 10:25 PM)

If anything they should be on the Rick Mercer report. Colbert just ripped RMR off.

who is Rick Mercer?

ohmy.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Mercer

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jul 15 2008, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 15 2008, 10:25 PM)

who is Rick Mercer?

ohmy.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Mercer

biggrin.gif

Rick Mercer rocks. biggrin.gif I'm not a huge fan of Colbert, but whatever. I don't get the channel, though. sad.gif

...and I just got rid of my cable last week because I'm sick of all the crap on TV... fists crying.gif

I'm sure someone will post it on youtube... someone's gotta.....right guys....? wink.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 15 2008, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (drumj56 @ Jul 15 2008, 02:27 PM)
Someone please record it from TV!!!!!

Actually, you can watch episodes of "The Colbert Report" for free on comedycentral.com after they're aired.

BTW, for those of you who haven't seen it, here's Colbert's finest moment:

Needless to say, he wasn't invited back to the Press Corps dinner the next year.

Here's him on O'Reilly too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfZBtxrT5s&feature=related

I'm really pumped to see him interview Rush.

Thanks for the post, and a reason to live, as now I know I can see it later...wont be able to watch tomorrow smile.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 15 2008, 10:45 PM)
Comcast Digital Cable DVR - all set to record. Sucks that I can't transfer it to the computer though...not that I know of?

What format does it record in? If I can't convert the file, I have a video card that does video in. If you can get it to me, I can turn it into an avi or some such (assuming DVR can do unprotected video out). If anyone has any semi-professional means, please do it, but if nobody has any other way, I'm happy to get it so that it can be shared.

"It will mark the rock trio's first TV appearance since 1975, according to a press release"

That is so, not a true statement!

Still, looking forward to seeing them on the tele!

Archived