Before I die I want to...

JohnnyBlaze

For whatever reason, my 'puter has stopped loading the embedded videos from this site, so I can't watch the video -- I can't even look it up as I don't know which one it is, but I'm sure it's interesting!

Sorry for the pointless post. I'm just whining.

• Like 1

For whatever reason, my 'puter has stopped loading the embedded videos from this site, so I can't watch the video -- I can't even look it up as I don't know which one it is, but I'm sure it's interesting!

Sorry for the pointless post. I'm just whining.

Look up “Before I die I want to...” by Candy Chang

• Like 1

Okay, so I've watched it (thank you, work computer), and beyond the self-important artsy talk, this is a great experiment, so thanks for the reminder.

Before I die, I want to . . . . be as good a grandfather as my grandfather was.

• Like 4

That was a cool talk. Having someone like that in a neighborhood is invaluable; that gives a neighborhood a sense of feeling and unity. :heart:

That being said, I'm not sure what I would write. I like JB's idea of an autobiography, or at least highlights. I grew up in a world that no longer exists and it's interesting to think about the changes at times.

• Like 4

That was a cool talk. Having someone like that in a neighborhood is invaluable; that gives a neighborhood a sense of feeling and unity. :heart:

That being said, I'm not sure what I would write. I like JB's idea of an autobiography, or at least highlights. I grew up in a world that no longer exists and it's interesting to think about the changes at times.

I feel the same way. At times I wonder if the country and people I remember ever existed at all.

• Like 4

Kind of related:

At my parent's 50th wedding anniversary ten years ago, I gave a speech (at a big party of maybe 50 or more Blazes and close friends) about how mom and dad met. Nobody had ever heard it before including the other Blaze bros. I had heard it a couple of decades prior as a curious college kid who just simply asked his parents how they met. Funny story of their meetup and an important one as that lucky encounter was the reason for all of us being there.

I feel there are a lot of interesting, important, and sometimes funny anecdotes to be shared. I'd mainly want to do this for myself, family, and close friends who know everyone involved. Kind of like a written family album of sorts.

• Like 3

Very neat idea, but for me, there are too many things so I came up with something random and probably a bit unusual, I think.

I want to go on a walk and hold hands with Joan Cusack.

It's a great thing that there are too many things.

It's a sad sack who has nothing they'd like to do.

• Like 1

I feel very grateful and blessed (I use that in the non-religious sense) to have been allowed to accomplish what I have, in terms of relationships, music, and my vocation. But I would say that before I die I would like to

- see more of the world

- make more music with people

- share more of my music

- publish a story

- see my kids get out of cyberspace, open their eyes and see what's around them

- see my kids start their lives and be happy

- retire early

- find that elusive reasonably priced Gibson EB-2 bass

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 5

I've always wanted to do a tour of the U.K. England to see so many sights, including Abbey Road and Globe theater. Scotland, Wales and Ireland would be just to see them for myself. I wish my knees were in better shape so I could climb to see Delicate Arch again, so beautiful.
  • Like 3

Go to Europe, specifically Italy and France.

You could pop over to the UK and Ireland while you were visiting.

I could do that. And while there, I could pop in and visit you and the Missus.

Indeed! ... We would be happy to show you the sights of N. Ireland!
  • Like 2

Very neat idea, but for me, there are too many things so I came up with something random and probably a bit unusual, I think.

I want to go on a walk and hold hands with Joan Cusack.

Have you mentioned this to Joan?
  • Like 2

before I die, I want to do something we can't discuss here :ph34r:

What’s that? Reword it so that you don’t sound like a mutant pervert. :LOL:

TRF has heard a lot over the years.

Does he want to be spanked? :whip:

• Like 2