Most Under-Hated Bands On This Forum

Segue Myles

Also the beach boys too.

Cutesey surf pop. yea shoot me. and their mature stuff. just sounds like pretentious self-fellatio to me.

Mick

I hope your wheelchair gets covid

• Like 1

May as well be true to myself and say it, The Beatles. I like George but only George.

Well that'll be part of why you don't like Queen either, lol.

Actually most albums made in that summer of love period.

SGT PEPPER INCLUDED!!!

the drugs were good but the music was dated and goofy the second it dropped.

Mick

I kind of have to agree

• Like 1

May as well be true to myself and say it, The Beatles. I like George but only George.

Well that'll be part of why you don't like Queen either, lol.

It`s certainly not a case of being unaware of their music! Probably the fact both are impossible to avoid doesn`t help.
  • Like 1

To be consistent, Dream Theater. The vocals strike me as something you'd hear from a decent (but not great) bar band singer. The musicians are very talented, but it's a little like a fantasy team. That amount of talent doesn't always lead to a good combination. And I'll go ahead and say those album titles are what you'd expect from people trying too hard to be seem pensive and thoughtful.
  • Like 2

To be consistent, Dream Theater. The vocals strike me as something you'd hear from a decent (but not great) bar band singer. The musicians are very talented, but it's a little like a fantasy team. That amount of talent doesn't always lead to a good combination. And I'll go ahead and say those album titles are what you'd expect from people trying too hard to be seem pensive and thoughtful.

I will say, as someone who took a long time to come around to Dream Theater, that at their worst, I still can find room to hate them.

Systematic Chaos, The Astonishing, aspects of Octavarium, the long winded and miserable Sex Degrees Of Inner Turbulence...

There are times I wish they would calm down with the complexity and actually focus on something specific.

At their best, well, I absolutely love them.

i can't stand hendriix records.

i guess on some level i respect the playing but i'd rather ram my head on concrete them light my bush on fire than play a record of his ever again.

Mick

I find him to be utter wank

• Like 1

I will say, as someone who took a long time to come around to Dream Theater, that at their worst, I still can find room to hate them.

Systematic Chaos, The Astonishing, aspects of Octavarium, the long winded and miserable Sex Degrees Of Inner Turbulence...

There are times I wish they would calm down with the complexity and actually focus on something specific.

They might be the ultimate love them AND hate them band. Or maybe that goes to Weezer....

i can't stand hendriix records.

i guess on some level i respect the playing but i'd rather ram my head on concrete them light my bush on fire than play a record of his ever again.

Mick

I find him to be utter wank

and people mess with DT for musically wanking which they DO....but with hendrix i need to bathe after.

Mick

uner hated?

oh fun.

the police deserve WAY more hate. fukk Em.

This thread should help people get their unwarranted arrested adolescent bile out.

Paging Ear!!!

Mick

Nice to hear from you, Ice Cube or Dr. Dre..

At least we can agree on one thing, Mother is an awful song.

I couldn't believe that made it to vinyl when i first heard it, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Now that I think about it, Kiss doesn't get enough hate.

tenor.gif

Van Halen are the fun and awesome hard rock party band Kiss should be. Ditto Ramones. Say what you will about the Hagar era but at least they didn't have their biggest post MTV hit written by Michael Bolton. That's a shame that will live on FOREVER.

Edited by invisible airwave

Now then, let me start by saying that George has the most consistent solo discography of all of them. All Things Must Pass is also the best post-Beatles album any of them released.

That said, this is actually much more common than one (ok, I) might expect. Most often I hear it focused on their early albums. I'm listening to Meet The Beatles right now in fact. I don't get not loving them, but I don't have to.

• Like 4

Now then, let me start by saying that George has the most consistent solo discography of all of them. All Things Must Pass is also the best post-Beatles album any of them released.

That said, this is actually much more common than one (ok, I) might expect. Most often I hear it focused on their early albums. I'm listening to Meet The Beatles right now in fact. I don't get not loving them, but I don't have to.

i love george's stuff best as well

Mccartney 2nd.

Lennon has 1 album i care about and then it's just meandering nonsense, IMO.

ringo i've never heard an album and i don't care too.

Mick

They might be the ultimate love them AND hate them band. Or maybe that goes to Weezer....

I hate them. I've never really heard anyone passionately defend them, though. I think to be "under-hated," there has to be a segment of the board that loves them, no?