32 members have voted

1. 1. so which do you prefer?

• Alice In Chains
    • Guns 'N Roses
    • Alice 'N Chainz!!!!!
  2. 2. and which album?

So glad Appetite is losing this poll.

OF COURSE IT IS!!

"Rocket Queen" blows every song ever written by Alice In Chains away!!!!!!

JESUS CHRIST POSE!!!!!!! FUKK!

I'm only 50 going on "18 And Life!"

Love

SKID ROW!

Pussies.

Go listen to RUSH

• Like 1

Pat still blows me away.

Are you all done ripping on my friend for his amazing polls?

I'm learning to stay out of the drama here.

Waste of time.

Pat is my brother.

Leave him the fukk alone.

Yeah those who are responsible are f***ing kunts.

Love Treeduck.

Pat still blows me away.

Waste of time.

Pat is my brother.

Are you drunk?

What does the duck have to do with this poll?

He’s neither made this poll nor posted in here. He doesn’t even like either band.

Where’s the ripping that you’re talking about anyway?

Are you getting your threads mixed up?

Am I missing something?

• Like 1

Pat still blows me away.

Waste of time.

Pat is my brother.

Are you drunk?

He’s neither made this poll nor posted in here. He doesn’t even like either band.

Am I missing something?

I was gonna post like this then changed my mind haha

• Like 1

Pat still blows me away.

Waste of time.

Pat is my brother.

Are you drunk?

Am I missing something?

I’m too damn curious!

WTF is happening?!!!

lol

Pat still blows me away.

Waste of time.

Pat is my brother.

Are you drunk?

Am I missing something?

All of the above? Magic 8 Ball says "definite possibility"

Pat still blows me away.

Waste of time.

Pat is my brother.

Are you drunk?

Am I missing something?

I’m too damn curious!

WTF is happening?!!!

lol

Well I was going to say something along the lines of "thread unnecessarily derailed again for the ramblings of a mad man regarding a forum member who was neither raised nor even a fan of either band".

But when I've done so before I've accidentally kickstarted a silly argument haha

LOVE YOU EARL

I actually miss the presence of Earl and Treeduck. Both have been quiet (or I've been looking in the wrong places).

• Like 1

I don't like either really but I do enjoy Chinese Democracy, which I know most fans of the band don't like, because of Buckethead and Bumblefoot. So my vote goes to them.

I like that album too. Some pretty good songs on it. The problem is that after so many years it was never going to live up to the hype fans had for it. So the album gets unfairly criticized by a lot of people because it wasn't in the same vein as Appetite. It's a good album and not what anyone expected musically so people hate on it for that instead of hearing the album for what it is.

• Like 1

whooa nellie

For me, these two bands are lights years apart in terms of what they brought to the table

Guns was the embodiment of a rock and roll band, a train that could derail at any moment that was an all out assault of sex and adrenaline ... I'll go to bat for the 1986-88 era Guns every day of the week, esp Slash, who highhandedly put Gibson guitars back on the map and made rock and roll cool again ...

After failing at glam, AIC became this bland, brooding wash of blah

No contest here

AIC was never a glam band. Layne Stayley sang in a glam band before that but they were never anything more than a bar cover band. None of other members of AIC were in that band and they never did anything glam under the Alice In Chains name.

bullshit

Diamond Lie was the AIC lineup until 1993 when Mike Inez replace Mike Starr .... They simply changed the name "Diamond Lie" to Alice In Chains because it was more fitting for what was going on at the time and they could jump on the bandwagon ..

Maybe EP was right after all -- what Alice In Chains .. errr, I mean Diamond Lie was here was a shitty second rate Guns rip off ....

Sincerity at its best

whooa nellie

For me, these two bands are lights years apart in terms of what they brought to the table

Guns was the embodiment of a rock and roll band, a train that could derail at any moment that was an all out assault of sex and adrenaline ... I'll go to bat for the 1986-88 era Guns every day of the week, esp Slash, who highhandedly put Gibson guitars back on the map and made rock and roll cool again ...

No contest here

AIC was never a glam band. Layne Stayley sang in a glam band before that but they were never anything more than a bar cover band. None of other members of AIC were in that band and they never did anything glam under the Alice In Chains name.

bullshit

Diamond Lie was the AIC lineup until 1993 when Mike Inez replace Mike Starr .... They simply changed the name "Diamond Lie" to Alice In Chains because it was more fitting for what was going on at the time and they could jump on the bandwagon ..

Maybe EP was right after all -- what Alice In Chains .. errr, I mean Diamond Lie was here was a shitty second rate Guns rip off ....

Sincerity at its best

That was a harsh tone coming from somebody who rates J-pop like it's Mozart lol

• Like 1

I always had heard AIC had hair metal roots and connections, but I've never been able to make heads or tails of what the whole story was regarding that. Anyone know for sure who played it what bands and why they all ended up siding with the grunge movement?

whooa nellie

No contest here

bullshit

Sincerity at its best

Just as I said, they never did anything glam under the Alice In Chains name. This may have the same members but AIC was never a glam band while Diamond Lie obviously was.

It's pretty harsh to hold something like this against a band considering they were very young at the time here and still trying to figure out who they were going to be as a band which is the case for most bands when they start out. Trend hoping? Probably but that's what a lot of new bands do when they're still trying to figure out their sound.

• Like 1

whooa nellie

No contest here

bullshit

Sincerity at its best

Just as I said, they never did anything glam under the Alice In Chains name. This may have the same members but AIC was never a glam band while Diamond Lie obviously was.

It's pretty harsh to hold something like this against a band considering they were very young at the time here and still trying to figure out who they were going to be as a band which is the case for most bands when they start out. Trend hoping? Probably but that's what a lot of new bands do when they're still trying to figure out their sound.

Lucas is also a Celtic Frost fan and they have an infamous sell out album so...calling him out for unfair criticism lol

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

whooa nellie

No contest here

bullshit

Sincerity at its best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdeSV7b1ej0

Lucas is also a Celtic Frost fan and they have an infamous sell out album so...calling him out for unfair criticism lol

He already get's zero points for his k-pop or j-pop bullshit.

No right to pick on ANYBODY ELSE, lol

Mick

whooa nellie

No contest here

bullshit

Sincerity at its best

I happen to love Cold Lake

hey, this is all in fun, ya know ??

Who that's bass player in there with Slash ??

http://www.slashparadise.com/media/photos-slash-snakepit/snakepit1995_003.jpg

whooa nellie

No contest here

bullshit

Sincerity at its best

Mick

FU_01a.jpg

• Like 2

whooa nellie

No contest here

bullshit

Sincerity at its best

I happen to love Cold Lake

hey, this is all in fun, ya know ??

Who that's bass player in there with Slash ??

http://www.slashparadise.com/media/photos-slash-snakepit/snakepit1995_003.jpg

I don't mind that album either to be fair. Have you ever tried Fields Of The Nephilim? I have no idea how to categorise them but between them and Celtic Frost the influence they had on nineties music is undeniable! (Note I said "music" and not a breakdown of a million different sub-genres).

• Like 1

whooa nellie

No contest here

bullshit

Sincerity at its best

Mick

FU_01a.jpg

Aw i'm number one.

You're so sweet.

Mick

• Like 2

whooa nellie

No contest here

bullshit

Sincerity at its best

Mick

FU_01a.jpg

Aw i'm number one.

You're so sweet.

Mick

Excuse me if anyone is Number One it's me.

I have a huge ego and a need for attention so I rate this 10/10

• Like 2

whooa nellie

No contest here

bullshit

Sincerity at its best

Mick

FU_01a.jpg

Aw i'm number one.

You're so sweet.

Mick

Excuse me if anyone is Number One it's me.

I have a huge ego and a need for attention so I rate this 10/10

i give you 5 hissy fit beyonce rants out of 10.

Mick