Sense a'Clock News

Blue Barchetta

If you don’t want to discuss Poliics and the world we live in then that’s your right.

But please, please, please do not present this preference as a virtue.

I don't really see any virtue at either end of the spectrum.

I've purposely never asked for access to it.

Same here. If I want to lose my sanity, I could just ask for like a temporary 24 hour access period to it if possible.

No snowflakes in SOCN please as we do not have safe places or trigger warnings.

Actually bruh, snowflake is one of my trigger words, bruh.

Edited by BenjaminW

Same here. If I want to lose my sanity, I could just ask for like a temporary 24 hour access period to it if possible.

What does that mean? Is that some kind of a threat?
  • Like 1

In reality SOCN is a community of people who like to muse, sound off, interrogate, learn, banter and argue. Other than Rush most of the people there have little in common other than being thicker skinned than the average.

Many of us have White Privilege in common. We spend endless hours in SOCN trying to figure out the best way to distribute our property to people of color.

• Like 2

It means he is down with the kids in the hood.

• Like 1

In reality SOCN is a community of people who like to muse, sound off, interrogate, learn, banter and argue. Other than Rush most of the people there have little in common other than being thicker skinned than the average.

Many of us have White Privilege in common. We spend endless hours in SOCN trying to figure out the best way to distribute our property to people of color.

White isn’t a colour bro.

If you don’t want to discuss Poliics and the world we live in then that’s your right.

In discussing the things that directly affect our daily lives?

I really do not understand that line of thinking,

• Like 3

7SczRf.jpg

Go with Christ, brah!

• Like 1

There would be virtue in taking action to try to make things right, not talking about it.
  • Like 1

You blokes still have Chavs o'er your way?

There would be virtue in taking action to try to make things right, not talking about it.

1 person isn't likely to make much of a difference but many, like-minded people can. How do you find like-minded people without talking to others about what they believe?

• Like 2

1 person isn't likely to make much of a difference but many, like-minded people can. How do you find like-minded people without talking to others about what they believe?

Definitely, but that is where you weed out the people who seriously want to make things better from the ones who just want to look like they are intellectual big shots. And unfortunately, the latter is true of most people who talk politics from my experience. Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 2

Definitely, but that is where you weed out the people who seriously want to make things better from the ones who just want to look like they are intellectual big shots. And unfortunately, the latter is true of most people who talk politics from my experience.

Indubitably. Spoken like an erudite yet pusillanimous ne'er do well. :16ton:

Definitely, but that is where you weed out the people who seriously want to make things better from the ones who just want to look like they are intellectual big shots. And unfortunately, the latter is true of most people who talk politics from my experience.

Wanna do any more virtue signaling to justify taking shots at people who have different interests than your own?

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 3

Wanna do any more virtue signaling to justify taking shots at people who have different interests than your own?

I never claimed to be virtuous.

Also, in regards to the virtue topic, the first rock was thrown from your side of the fence.

There is also this:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/research-suggests-politicians-are-more-likely-to-be-psychopaths-11364143/

Edited by snowdogged

SOCN is really not different in concept than the board at large. Everyone who posts there is interested in news and politics. So we post our thoughts and respond to others. Is it somehow more productive to debate whether Rush should have done a European leg of R40? What your favorite song off each album is? How much Wolfmother you’ve been listening to lately? No one in there pretends to know everything. Because the regulars are so different, I find I learn quite a bit from them. If it doesn’t interest you, that’s fine.
  • Like 5

Many of us in SOCN are politically active and take part in local and state politics, including caucus and primary processes. we also serve on local boards (of education, for example). Some of us have testified at our state legislatures and are active in political campaigning. And we do so from an informed position , because we...wait for it...talk about political issues on a regular basis.

You should check it out. :cheers:

• Like 2

Many of us in SOCN are politically active and take part in local and state politics, including caucus and primary processes. we also serve on local boards (of education, for example). Some of us have testified at our state legislatures and are active in political campaigning. And we do so from an informed position , because we...wait for it...talk about political issues on a regular basis.

Don't get me wrong, I am not putting people down in SOCN and I know that there are a lot of people who do good things that are politically involved. I am only speaking from experience of people I have met in my life and have seen too many people who talked like they cared so much to fight injustice but they turned out to be hypocrites and criminals. There are many good people who actually get involved but the majority that get involved end up being slimy politicians. That's just my take on it. :cheers:
  • Like 1

SOCN is really not different in concept than the board at large. Everyone who posts there is interested in news and politics. So we post our thoughts and respond to others. Is it somehow more productive to debate whether Rush should have done a European leg of R40? What your favorite song off each album is? How much Wolfmother you’ve been listening to lately? No one in there pretends to know everything. Because the regulars are so different, I find I learn quite a bit from them. If it doesn’t interest you, that’s fine.

From what I've read there are quite a few that (at least) post like they do.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong, I am not putting people down in SOCN and I know that there are a lot of people who do good things that are politically involved. I am only speaking from experience of people I have met in my life and have seen too many people who talked like they cared so much to fight injustice but they turned out to be hypocrites and criminals. There are many good people who actually get involved but the majority that get involved end up being slimy politicians. That's just my take on it. :cheers:

That's actually one of the things we talk about in SOCN. :fistbump:
  • Like 1

Arrrrr you sure about that, Matey? ;)

• Like 2

Its a safe and friendly place where most are comfortable to admit when they are wrong. Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1