Sense a'Clock News

Blue Barchetta

Its a safe and friendly place where most are comfortable to admit when they are wrong.

Then it appears no one is wrong because I don't recall seeing someone admit they're wrong. There are a couple of folks going back and forth as I type that are both wrong on some counts but neither have budged an inch.

To the OP, just spare yourself the frustration and insanity that comes with discussing politics in a music forum.You may think this place is different, because we all share the same love for Rush, but it isn't. The Hillary Obama members are never wrong. Interesting, yes? What makes it REALLY interesting is that the the Bush Reagan members are ALWAYS right. If you are somewhere in the middle, your posts will likely be dismissed and/or ignored because there's no place for being somewhere in the middle in politics, right. I've done my time in too many political forums and just find it less frustrating to just switch back and forth between MSNBC and Fox News and marvel at it all...

That doesn't sound at all like SOCN.

I like to post in there is because it provides stimulating and constructive conversation about things. People post their opinions and the reasons they have them and others challenge those opinions. Extremist views are probably the least popular in SOCN, but it's interesting to hear the reasoning behind them even if you don't agree. It’s a learning experience and it helps you understand others better.

I think that the main reason people don’t like political forums is because they take it personal when others disagree or challenge their beliefs. They get angry or hurt when they shouldn’t. After all, it’s just opinions from people you don’t personally know.

I like to think that we can have different opinions and still respect one another and not get angry. Most of the regular posters in SOCN are good people and most know how to do this. I like the regulars in SOCN and would hang out with any one of them, even if we disagree about things.

• Like 1

Its a safe and friendly place where most are comfortable to admit when they are wrong.

Then it appears no one is wrong because I don't recall seeing someone admit they're wrong. There are a couple of folks going back and forth as I type that are both wrong on some counts but neither have budged an inch.

You're wrong about that.

;)

• Like 1

Then it appears no one is wrong because I don't recall seeing someone admit they're wrong.

Then you're a selective reader. I did just that yesterday.
  • Like 1

To the OP, just spare yourself the frustration and insanity that comes with discussing politics in a music forum.You may think this place is different, because we all share the same love for Rush, but it isn't. The Hillary Obama members are never wrong. Interesting, yes? What makes it REALLY interesting is that the the Bush Reagan members are ALWAYS right. If you are somewhere in the middle, your posts will likely be dismissed and/or ignored because there's no place for being somewhere in the middle in politics, right. I've done my time in too many political forums and just find it less frustrating to just switch back and forth between MSNBC and Fox News and marvel at it all...

I like to post in there is because it provides stimulating and constructive conversation about things. People post their opinions and the reasons they have them and others challenge those opinions. Extremist views are probably the least popular in SOCN, but it's interesting to hear the reasoning behind them even if you don't agree. It’s a learning experience and it helps you understand others better.

I think that the main reason people don’t like political forums is because they take it personal when others disagree or challenge their beliefs. They get angry or hurt when they shouldn’t. After all, it’s just opinions from people you don’t personally know.

I like to think that we can have different opinions and still respect one another and not get angry. Most of the regular posters in SOCN are good people and most know how to do this. I like the regulars in SOCN and would hang out with any one of them, even if we disagree about things.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 1

But would you go skiing with any of them? That's a real test of a person's character.

But would you go skiing with any of them? That's a real test of a person's character.

I would.

I would.

Would you, could you, on a boat? Edited by snowdogged

I would.

Would you, could you, on a boat?

Would you, could you, with a goat?

What I do with my goat is my own mine damn business.

As long as the goat consents. :codger:

No! That is why I prefer my goat to my wife, no consent required.

• Like 1