Calling all synth haters

Red3angel

I found myself really enjoying Hyf today even though I like the previous two albums more. Those three albums,GUP PW AND HYF to me are very well made and have great lyrics. That’s the best part of fire is strong lyrics. Gup remains my favorite of all Rush. Those three need more spin time with the old school fans . Also I think PW has geddys best playing as well as the richest sound of the 20

This is a man of excellent taste.

Pizza: New York style or Chicago?

The synth era snoozers are probably played at boring cocktail parties where they serve cheese and crackers, and their pizzalike equivalents. No one wants to be there, but the music is largely inoffensive, if rarely interesting.

The prog and PeW and MP classic eras are for those who settle for nothing less than excellence. Chicago style is the pizza equivalent.

Chicago style pizza is second rate.
  • Like 2

I think there are only a few synth-era haters on this board. Most people who are active in forum threads here like that Rush era(HYF is not so beloved record though), but the 70's stuff is generally prefered.

no i hate it all.

I found myself really enjoying Hyf today even though I like the previous two albums more. Those three albums,GUP PW AND HYF to me are very well made and have great lyrics. That’s the best part of fire is strong lyrics. Gup remains my favorite of all Rush. Those three need more spin time with the old school fans . Also I think PW has geddys best playing as well as the richest sound of the 20

This is a man of excellent taste.

Pizza: New York style or Chicago?

The synth era snoozers are probably played at boring cocktail parties where they serve cheese and crackers, and their pizzalike equivalents. No one wants to be there, but the music is largely inoffensive, if rarely interesting.

The prog and PeW and MP classic eras are for those who settle for nothing less than excellence. Chicago style is the pizza equivalent.

Chicago style pizza is second rate.

Your enjoyment of tasteless crap just means more deliciousness for those of us with working taste buds.

Pre-signals is Budweiser. After signals people could say they knew what Peroni tasted like . Oh and there’s nothing wrong with Budweiser. After all it is the king. LOL The first album, the one that sounds like Zep ,is Miller high life. It gives you a headache in the morning Edited by Red3angel

Pre-signals is Budweiser. After signals people could say they knew what Peroni tasted like . Oh and there’s nothing wrong with Budweiser. After all it is the king. LOL The first album, the one that sounds like Zep ,is Miller high life. It gives you a headache in the morning

If pre signals is budweiser ( which is a terrible insult ) then post signals is bud light.

Weak and lacking flavor.

Peroni? Not if i am buying....

I don't understand these goddamn beer analogies!

Rush-Moving Pictures = fine weed

Signals-T4E = hash cut with shoe polish

Vapor Trails = wild homegrown but rolled with newspaper

last two = ditch weed

:smoke:

• Like 2

Rush - Moving Pictures = Original Star Wars trilogy

Signals - Hold Your Fire, Vapor Trails, Clockwork Angels = The Force Awakens

Presto - Test for Echo = Revenge of the Sith

Snakes and Arrows = Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and The Last Jedi

Rush - Moving Pictures = Original Star Wars trilogy

Signals - Hold Your Fire, Vapor Trails, Clockwork Angels = The Force Awakens

Presto - Test for Echo = Revenge of the Sith

Snakes and Arrows = Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and The Last Jedi

Okay, I’ll try that angle....

Moving Pictures = Wrath of Khan

Power Windows = The Undiscovered Country

Roll the Bones = that mostly crappy one where Kirk dies

...and more recently...

Vapor Trails = Star Trek (the first reboot), it’s got some issues but I can still enjoy it

Snakes & Arrows = the Benny Cumberbun Khan garbage!

• Like 1

I don't understand these goddamn beer analogies!

Rush-Moving Pictures = fine weed

Signals-T4E = hash cut with shoe polish

Vapor Trails = wild homegrown but rolled with newspaper

last two = ditch weed

:smoke:

Love it. I cant say i agree with all of your post but still award it double bonus points!

• Like 1

Fine. pre signals , grolsch .post signals corona

That works for me. Grolsch is tasty.

Corona is inferior and its right there on the label. Never drink a grade "B" beer amigo.

Its is not legal to brew "B" in the states iirc.

I'm always left out on TRF. I have been sitting next to the phone for two days waiting for it to ring.

Maybe you were listening to HYF and fell into a deep sleep.

• Like 6

I'm always left out on TRF. I have been sitting next to the phone for two days waiting for it to ring.

I watched your changing pic long enough to make sure This Is Spinal Tap was referenced .. it was .. you're cool

• Like 1