Stairway to Heaven or Bohemian Rhapsody? PART II

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Stairway to Heaven or Bohemian Rhapsody? PART II (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Which song took more talent to write and perform?

1. Stairway To Heaven (12 votes [41.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.38%

2. Bohemian Rhapsody (17 votes [58.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 3644 posts
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:12 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 26 November 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 26 November 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 26 November 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 26 November 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 26 November 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 26 November 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

Stairway To Heaven.

I hate Bohemian Rhapsody.

So your hatred of the song has you convinced it took less talent to make than Stairway, or are you not interested in answering the question posed in this thread?

I hate the song. The thread is simple.

Unlike you I am not a fanboy of any band. I can accept my favourites losing a poll.

I do not like Queen. I hate that song with a passion.

I got that. What I'm trying to say is that just because you hate something doesn't necessarily mean you don't think it took talent to create it. And the question of this thread is which song took more talent to make, not which one you like more.

EDIT: and I'm not really trying to come off like a defensive fanboy here, I do accept that not everyone cares for my favorite song, doesn't mean I won't be passionate about it in public, but I digress. It just seemed to me like you either misread the question of the thread or you were equating how much you like something with how much talent it took to make.

I hate the song. Wish it never existed. If I thought the talent was worth the effort I would support it. I do not. Again. I hate it. Hated it the first time I heard it as a kid and still do.

that's.....hilariously extra, lol

Mick

I mean, I kinda pushed his buttons there, so idk it's sorta justified, lol. I won't begrudge anyone their honest opinion.

Sponsored Post

#42 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

I never talk to strangers

• Members
  • 15859 posts
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 26 November 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Stairway To Heaven.

So your hatred of the song has you convinced it took less talent to make than Stairway, or are you not interested in answering the question posed in this thread?

Unlike you I am not a fanboy of any band. I can accept my favourites losing a poll.

I got that. What I'm trying to say is that just because you hate something doesn't necessarily mean you don't think it took talent to create it. And the question of this thread is which song took more talent to make, not which one you like more.

EDIT: and I'm not really trying to come off like a defensive fanboy here, I do accept that not everyone cares for my favorite song, doesn't mean I won't be passionate about it in public, but I digress. It just seemed to me like you either misread the question of the thread or you were equating how much you like something with how much talent it took to make.

I hate the song. Wish it never existed. If I thought the talent was worth the effort I would support it. I do not. Again. I hate it. Hated it the first time I heard it as a kid and still do.

Mick

I mean, I kinda pushed his buttons there, so idk it's sorta justified, lol. I won't begrudge anyone their honest opinion.

you pissed off the ancient Segue god.......i pray for your soul.

Mick

#43 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 15859 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

But Segue has NAILED my feelings of Stranger things by the way, lol

Mick

#44 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 3644 posts
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:33 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 26 November 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

Mick

:lol:

#45 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32401 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:54 AM

Stairway To Heaven.

Mick

Haha I know but...sometimes it really grinds my gears that when someone says they dislike something, someone always has to turn around and be like "APPRECIATE IT LIKE I DO!"

It ain't a crime to hate a song that generally has its fans. I hate it soo much it almost put me off ever trying Queen again, which would be a shane as the first three albums are lush.

#46 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32401 posts
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:55 AM

Mick

Everything you felt about season 1 I feel about season 2....doubt I am gonna finish it.

Yawn!

#47 ReRushed

ReRushed

My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

• Members
  • 18719 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:11 AM

More talented? I don't understand the purpose of this question. Both bands are obviously massively talented. Apples and oranges.

I would say Led Zeppelin's music has a stronger center of gravity. Everything they do is pulled back to blues music. Queen is floating all over the place.

Both processes have their strengths and weaknesses. Let personal preference sort it out.

Oh yeah, I can happily go about the rest of my life and never hear either song again.

#48 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21806 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:44 AM

More talent? Queen by a landslide. Not to say the guys weren’t talented in LZ, but it’s more of a straight up rock tune. BR took some real compositional talent, and those harmonies are gorgeous.

#49 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Sphere

• Members
  • 9892 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

Not sure how you could tell what took more talent to write. None of us were in the studio to see what the creation process of either song. Bo Rhap definitely took more outside the box thinking. Stairway set the template for the hard rock/metal ballad song structure which is still used today.

Rhapsody was more experimental but Stairway was more influential. Not sure if that means anything in terms of what took more talent though.

#50 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 15859 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

View PostSegue Myles, on 27 November 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

Mick

Everything you felt about season 1 I feel about season 2....doubt I am gonna finish it.

Yawn!

Really and truly?

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

i'm sorry bud......just.....lol

Mick

#51 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 15859 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:49 AM

oh and i stand by what i said.   it is a strange question.  both are talanted.  of course they are.  i just Spin Queen LOADS amore than i do Zep.

it's very rare  i'm in a Zeppelin mood honestly.

Mick

#52 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42714 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

View PostReRushed, on 27 November 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

More talented? I don't understand the purpose of this question. Both bands are obviously massively talented. Apples and oranges.

I would say Led Zeppelin's music has a stronger center of gravity. Everything they do is pulled back to blues music. Queen is floating all over the place.

Both processes have their strengths and weaknesses. Let personal preference sort it out.

Oh yeah, I can happily go about the rest of my life and never hear either song again.

Color me stupid you condescending boob..

Edit:  My apologies, RR, but I do get tired of those in the know forgetting that some of us aren't of the same caliber.  My question may not have had a purpose to someone like you, but it did to me.

Edited by Lorraine, 27 November 2017 - 01:05 PM.

#53 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32401 posts
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 27 November 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 27 November 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

Mick

Yawn!

Really and truly?

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

i'm sorry bud......just.....lol

Mick

Season 2 is just...its plateaud. Then again I have been watching Hannibal and that is a much better show haha

#54 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42714 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 27 November 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

oh and i stand by what i said.   it is a strange question.  both are talanted.  of course they are.  i just Spin Queen LOADS amore than i do Zep.

Mick

Why is it a strange question?

#55 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 15859 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:33 PM

View PostLorraine, on 27 November 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

:laughing guy: :laughing guy:

You know.  i have missed this place.  when my life calms down i will be back more.

Mick

#56 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 15859 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

View PostLorraine, on 27 November 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

Mick

which one is more talanted.  maybe it's just me.....but two TOTALLY different bands stylistically.  each masters of their music.  So it really is subjective.

Mick

#57 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42714 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 27 November 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Mick

which one is more talanted.  maybe it's just me.....but two TOTALLY different bands stylistically.  each masters of their music.  So it really is subjective.

Mick

Well, to me they are the same.  They are musicians, and they all are talented, but some are lazy and others really exercise their talent to the max.  Jimmy always struck me as someone always able to do and be more but rested on that he had already accomplished.  Queen, on the other hand, were more professional and serious.  In my opinion.

Keep in mind I am not a musician and know nothing about the technicalities of music.  My question may seem dumb to those who do, but for me, it was a sincere question - which song took more talent to write and perform?

#58 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32401 posts
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:46 PM

Mick

Mick

My thoughts exactly...and whose to say which song took more or less talent? Different approaches altogether!

And I prefer Led Zeppelin. There are very few bands I would choose Queen over.

#59 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 15859 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostLorraine, on 27 November 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

Mick

Mick

Well, to me they are the same.  They are musicians, and they all are talented, but some are lazy and others really exercise their talent to the max.  Jimmy always struck me as someone always able to do and be more but rested on that he had already accomplished.  Queen, on the other hand, were more professional and serious.  In my opinion.

Keep in mind I am not a musician and know nothing about the technicalities of music.  My question may seem dumb to those who do, but for me, it was a sincere question - which song took more talent to write and perform?

oh don't think i was calling it a dumb question.  it wasn't it just kind of threw me for a loop.

but it's a legit one.

Mick

#60 ReRushed

ReRushed

My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

• Members
  • 18719 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:38 AM

View PostLorraine, on 27 November 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

Edit:  My apologies, RR, but I do get tired of those in the know forgetting that some of us aren't of the same caliber.  My question may not have had a purpose to someone like you, but it did to me.
No apology needed. I can absolutely be a boob from time to time (or all the time). I just think both bands are incredibly talented. I do think more time and work went into the recording and producing of Bohemian Rhapsody.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users