• The Final Frontier
    • The Book of Souls

Beast

Powerslave

Piece Of Mind

Killers

Iron Maiden

7th son

Everything else kinda runs together for me, though the Blaze albums definitely sit at the bottom (no Adrian AND a terrible vocalist).

Why couldn't Bruce Dickinson have been one of my professors or a guest lecturer? He's like the most intelligent frontman who ever lived. He has an honorary doctorate in music from his alma mater. He also has a pilot licence. Why is this man not the Prime Minister of England? He's unstoppable. Not even cancer could keep this man down.

https://www.youtube....h?v=R4mq-2QyFjI

Edited by Boots
  • Like 1

1. Powerslave

= A Matter Of Life And Death

3. Brave New World

4. Piece Of Mind

5. Dance Of Death

Then everything else...all the post Seventh Son albums prior to BNW right at the bottom.

Powerslave was my favorite. I skipped the Lilith Fair to see Iron Maiden. I don't regret that decision. About 10 years ago a Sarah Mclachlan Xmas CD got passed around our office like a hockey puck because no one wanted it.

Killers

Powerslave

Piece of Mind

Beast

Seventh Son

Somewhere in Time....

after that, I don't really care.

Iron Maiden

• Like 2

Killers

Powerslave

Piece of Mind

Beast

Seventh Son

Somewhere in Time....

after that, I don't really care.

Iron Maiden

HAHA!

I wrote my list before I read yours!!!

After "Seventh" it's all hit or miss shite!

IRON MAIDEN used to write records that you could play on your stereo all day and night.

Every track was EPIC.

This relates to my "Seventh Son" Thread.

After that perfect record. FUKK IT.

DOWN THE IRONS!

I love all of you Plastic Maiden Lovers. Obsessed and in love with "Number Of The Beast."

A Legendary album yet overplayed and so fuckking commercial like "Moving Pictures."

I am will to bet cash that the same people who love "Number Of The Beast" also think that "Moving Pictures is the greatest RUSH record ever made! LOL!!!!!!

I'll stick with KILLERS and HEMISPHERES!

Signed,

LA VILLA DE WRATHCHILD

I love all of you Plastic Maiden Lovers. Obsessed and in love with "Number Of The Beast."

A Legendary album yet overplayed and so fuckking commercial like "Moving Pictures."

I am will to bet cash that the same people who love "Number Of The Beast" also think that "Moving Pictures is the greatest RUSH record ever made! LOL!!!!!!

I'll stick with KILLERS and HEMISPHERES!

Signed,

LA VILLA DE WRATHCHILD

You'll enjoy post number 22 in this thread then,

Signed, the avenue

1.The Number Of The Beast

2. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

3. Piece Of Mind

4. Powerslave

5. (TIE) Killers / Somewhere In Time

6.--

7. Iron Maiden

8. Brave New World

9. The Final Frontier

10. The Book Of Souls

11. No Prayer For The Dying

12. Dance Of Death

13. A Matter Of Life And Death

14. Fear Of The Dark

15. X-Factor

16. Virtual XI

Seems odd the blayze era hasnt gotten a vote yet......

I voted piece of mind, but also considered going with somewhere in time

Blaze is more like cold shite. One vote isn't even worthy of his input into the Maiden Canon. It's quite embarrassing to be honest.

Even the art work on those two records suck Eddie's decomposed asshole.

There​ were a number of good songs with Blaze. The problem is he didn't have enough life vocally to make the material come alive like it could have.

If Bruce sang on those two albums we would be talking about them a lot more positively. That's how much having Bruce makes a difference.

Blaze is more like cold shite. One vote isn't even worthy of his input into the Maiden Canon. It's quite embarrassing to be honest.

Even the art work on those two records suck Eddie's decomposed asshole.

So, just reading between the lines here, I think that's a "no" from Earl on Blayze.

Blaze was great with Wolfsbane. They supported Maiden in their last tour before Bruce left, and everyone in the crew knew it was going to happen. So he put on extra effort every night to try and impress the Maiden guys - and it worked. They auditioned a bunch of guys to replace Bruce, but in the end I think management put pressure on Steve to take Blaze in. He had a great stage presence,but between the announcement of him joining the band and the release of X Factor he had a motorcycle accident, which left him with a limp. I saw the "X Factour" and he looked excited, but incredibly clumsy on stage. It all seemed wrong, vocally and performance-wise. A wrong choice on all counts. It didn't help of course that without Adrian, the songwriting quality took a deep dive. Even lyrically they became a joke. Some of the songs in Virtual XI would never have made the cut if they had a half decent producer at the helm. And audiences responded. Their tours became smaller every year, and the bottom line was them being booed in Rio and not returning to the encore. I think that was the end of the line for Blaze.

With all that said, I think it would be cool if they had a show where Paul and Blaze came on stage for a song or two with Bruce. For all ​I know they're all in good terms.

• Like 2

I don't think the two Blaze albums are the worst without any redeeming moments. The best songs off both would make a decent album, better than No Prayer For The Dying and most of Fear Of The Dark.

Not exactly a great argument in their defence, but I don't hate them.

And I'm intrigued Rod, Wolfsbane?

I don't think the two Blaze albums are the worst without any redeeming moments. The best songs off both would make a decent album, better than No Prayer For The Dying and most of Fear Of The Dark.

Yep...that was his first band. Check them out, it makes a big difference when the singer is in his element, and I think that's the case with Blaze.

I don't think No Prayer was that bad, but Fear of the Dark is no good.

Yep...that was his first band. Check them out, it makes a big difference when the singer is in his element, and I think that's the case with Blaze.

I don't think No Prayer was that bad, but Fear of the Dark is no good.

I'm going to revisit these Maiden albums. I don't remember ever listening to any of them and not finding something I like!

Blaze was great with Wolfsbane. They supported Maiden in their last tour before Bruce left, and everyone in the crew knew it was going to happen. So he put on extra effort every night to try and impress the Maiden guys - and it worked. They auditioned a bunch of guys to replace Bruce, but in the end I think management put pressure on Steve to take Blaze in. He had a great stage presence,but between the announcement of him joining the band and the release of X Factor he had a motorcycle accident, which left him with a limp. I saw the "X Factour" and he looked excited, but incredibly clumsy on stage. It all seemed wrong, vocally and performance-wise. A wrong choice on all counts. It didn't help of course that without Adrian, the songwriting quality took a deep dive. Even lyrically they became a joke. Some of the songs in Virtual XI would never have made the cut if they had a half decent producer at the helm. And audiences responded. Their tours became smaller every year, and the bottom line was them being booed in Rio and not returning to the encore. I think that was the end of the line for Blaze.

With all that said, I think it would be cool if they had a show where Paul and Blaze came on stage for a song or two with Bruce. For all ​I know they're all in good terms.

Oh that's how he got the job.

I always thought that Steve​ just stepped outside and asked the first person he saw if they wanted to sing for Maiden and that's how he found Blaze lol.

• Like 1

Oh that's how he got the job.

I always thought that Steve​ just stepped outside and asked the first person he saw if they wanted to sing for Maiden and that's how he found Blaze lol.

It certainly sounded like it!!! But the choice of Blaze shows how they apparently wanted something new...but then ended up sounding the same with a much worse singer.