Men with earring(s)?

Chronos

Only in the left ear.

http://manurevah.com/blah/images/normal/Confederate_Gay_Nazi_Flag.png

I get the image - combination of what some see when they think of the Confederate flag and what would upset many who use the flag, It kind of works here but as part of your signature? Hmmm, you trying too hard to shock maybe?

I wasn't trying to shock anyone. Simply making a statement about how easily some people get offended about a symbols or symbols. It's an equal opportunity that works for touchy Jews, touchy blacks, and touchy gays. Sort of a "catch-all", if you will. And it wasn't in my signature. Notice how it doesn't appear in this post? Sheesh.

Just because you aren't offended doesn't make it right to goad others.

• Like 5

Top ten reasons why men wear earrings: http://hubpages.com/...arrings-reasons 2 or 3 reasons could be valid. The rest are just stupid 'fashion'. Time to move on to the next fashion trend of men with long nose hair. Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Only in the left ear.

I get the image - combination of what some see when they think of the Confederate flag and what would upset many who use the flag, It kind of works here but as part of your signature? Hmmm, you trying too hard to shock maybe?

I wasn't trying to shock anyone. Simply making a statement about how easily some people get offended about a symbols or symbols. It's an equal opportunity that works for touchy Jews, touchy blacks, and touchy gays. Sort of a "catch-all", if you will. And it wasn't in my signature. Notice how it doesn't appear in this post? Sheesh.

I'm curious how, if at all, does posting that symbol answer the question posed in the OP? Are you saying you find earrings in men offensive?

• Like 3

Only in the left ear.

I'm curious how, if at all, does posting that symbol answer the question posed in the OP? Are you saying you find earrings in men offensive?

Back when I got my ear pierced, it was commonly thought, at least where I lived, that a heterosexual male would only get his left ear pierced. If you were gay, you'd get both or just the right ear. I posted the picture to go along with the post as a joke to indicate that the Confederate flag wavers using swastikas were "X-ing out" the geighs. Kind of a ironic catch-all. I had my ear pierced (left) for a long time but got tired of messing with it and haven't worn one in ages. If you or any other male want to wear one or more, get with it. No problems with them at all.

• Like 1

Only in the left ear.

It's just a symbol. Why choose to get offended? Life's too short to worked up over trivial shit like that. :finbar:

Everyone has gotten so freakin sensitive. There are great tragedies occurring all over the world...why get caught up in silly shit like that? :huh:

• Like 3

Only in the left ear.

Back when I got my ear pierced, it was commonly thought, at least where I lived, that a heterosexual male would only get his left ear pierced. If you were gay, you'd get both or just the right ear. I posted the picture to go along with the post as a joke to indicate that the Confederate flag wavers using swastikas were "X-ing out" the geighs. Kind of a ironic catch-all. I had my ear pierced (left) for a long time but got tired of messing with it and haven't worn one in ages. If you or any other male want to wear one or more, get with it. No problems with them at all.

How about nipples. Does the left / right thing apply to those as well? :unsure:
  • Like 1

Only in the left ear.

It's just a symbol. Why choose to get offended? Life's too short to worked up over trivial shit like that. :finbar:

Everyone has gotten so freakin sensitive. There are great tragedies occurring all over the world...why get caught up in silly shit like that? :huh:

Thank you for saying what needed to be said.

• Like 2

I'm a douche with earrings...hoops.

http://2static2.fjcdn.com/comments/I+already+am+_f19f5ce1a893fd3297a92987b5a73442.png
  • Like 6

Only in the left ear.

There's sensitive, and then there's outright hated. The Nazi party is hatred, plain and simple, and any glorification or support of the Nazis is hatred as well. No reasonable person wants to see the Nazis (or the KKK, or other similar groups) receive any sort of positive recognition. (This is not to say FG was promoting the Nazi party, but he has a used Nazi leader as his avatar before, so it can be assumed that he had no problem being associated with them.)

• Like 3

Only in the left ear.

How about nipples. Does the left / right thing apply to those as well? :unsure:

The left/right thing ceased to have meaning 20 or 30 years ago.

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 1

I wore a diamond post or a gold hoop when I wore one. Girlfriend at the time loved it and the long hair.

BTW, when literally no one understands the nazi/confederate/rainbow image meaning and connection to the thread I would suggest spending less time defending it and attacking those that question it. Maybe just move on.

Edited by Ancient Ways
  • Like 1

Only in the left ear.

There's sensitive, and then there's outright hated. The Nazi party is hatred, plain and simple, and any glorification or support of the Nazis is hatred as well. No reasonable person wants to see the Nazis (or the KKK, or other similar groups) receive any sort of positive recognition. (This is not to say FG was promoting the Nazi party, but he has a used Nazi leader as his avatar before, so it can be assumed that he had no problem being associated with them.)

How about I put Yasser Arafat as my avatar and Benny Nottheyahoo in my signature? :drool: I believe that if the media and anti protestors stopped showing up at KKK/Nazi/Aryan Nation/Black Panther/ etc rallies, they'd go away because their numbers would dwindle due to lack of publicity.

• Like 1

My hub wears a diamond in his ear on occasion lately. For a long time he did not. I guess he wears one now based on how he feels that day. At 47, I don't see why it is even remotely important, but I guess if we wants to wear one he will. I have expressed my opinion about it to him, but he said he'll do what he feels like - so I've just left it alone. I will say though if he wears one now, when I talk to him, I tend to look at his earlobe instead of his face.

• Like 1

My father was a Marine and said 'Please don't put an earring in your head' when I was a teen.

Never did, just never really occurred to me to do it as I got older. Never saw the point.

Oddly Dad never told me to cut my shoulder length hair as a teen....

I have no Tattoos either so I'm a clean slate. I also don't want my body to be identified on any future CIA missions

• Like 4

In '85 I thought Roland Orzabal's (singer for Tears for Fears) two earrings in his left ear were cool, so I went out and did the same (with the blessing of my parents, although my dad deemed it "faggy." Once I started seriously dating girls that year he stopped minding it! But I digress.).

Over time one of the holes closed up, but the other is forever open. The Lovely Wife shares Day of Light's (and some others') opinion that a small hoop can be hot. Sometimes when we're going out (when it involves dressing up a bit) she asks that I wear one. I, however, at the relatively advanced age of 48, think I look rather absurd with it. Although I've been known to flat-out refuse her request occasionally, I usually go along with it (as they say, "Happy wife, happy life.") Ultimately, it only matters to me how she feels, but I appreciated reading everyone's responses.

• Like 6

Mine is closed over. Haven't worn an earring in almost 30 years.

I wore one for about 4 years starting in Dec.31, 1990. It's closed now also!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20sword.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20sword.gif

Ear pierced on New Year's Eve. Gotta be more to this story. Let's hear it!

• Like 1

Ear pierced on New Year's Eve. Gotta be more to this story. Let's hear it!

Not really, but I had been served with divorce papers a month earier by my first wife, I was renting a room from my BFF Dave, and he was with a Metal band at that time, and that finally pushed me over the limit. I bought a silver star with turquoise in it, and eventually silver lightning bolt with turquoise in it, and then went on to make some of my own design, (I still have 'em) but I still have a BUNCH of stuff to make a LOT more If I so choose...had no infection problems, so it wasn't a big thing...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20dancing%20on%20computer_1.png

• Like 1