Goose on the Loose: Travels of a Lad & His Dad

goose

I tried several times to post comments on the blog but it apparently does not like me and they didn't go through :(

I wanted to thank The Lad for posting his adventures and ask him what type of skull that was. I love bones and skulls and am always interested to see what sorts of things other people find out there.

• Like 2

I tried several times to post comments on the blog but it apparently does not like me and they didn't go through :(

I wanted to thank The Lad for posting his adventures and ask him what type of skull that was. I love bones and skulls and am always interested to see what sorts of things other people find out there.

I had no luck on the phone; I had to use the computer to submit my comment.

• Like 2

A wolverine?! So cool! They are rare in the lower 48 and quite elusive.

Nasty beasts. I had a friend get attacked by one through his tent at night while he was camping in Alaska. Tore him up pretty good.

The skull was of a doe... :musicnote: a female deer :musicnote:

• Like 3

Day Seven, in which a Lad and his father launch a full-frontal assault on a 9,010 foot ridge...and eat a pie.

http://toddontheroad...ntain-part.html

20160925_112053.jpg

http://toddontheroad...in-part_25.html

20160925_140649.jpg

http://toddontheroad...d-mountain.html

20160925_141622.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 6

They are much more common in the state of Michigan. ;)

The wolverine is one of the few animals that will take on a Grizzly bear! They are mean little #$@!%! :LOL:

• Like 2

They are much more common in the state of Michigan. ;)

The wolverine is one of the few animals that will take on a Grizzly bear! They are mean little #$@!%! :LOL:

YUP! PENN State found that out last Saturday! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Pinwheel%20banana.gif

• Like 2

This is such a cool idea! I wish I had the time to do this with my kids when they were younger.

Goose, I had no idea you were doing this.

I really need to come into RS more often.

Edited by workingcinderellaman
  • Like 1

This is such a cool idea! I wish I had the time to do this with my kids when they were younger.

It's been a blast so far! Got into Chicago (Inverness) today. Gonna see ILSnowdog tomorrow.

Also need to catch up on the blog... :)

• Like 2

Where are you headed after Chicago?

Cape Cod/Boston area. You live around there?

Dude, hit me up! I live just outside the city..Brighton

So, we'll be in Yarmouth on Oct. 2nd, staying through the 6th. We could use some advice for visiting Boston, and would love to say hello!
  • Like 4

Goose Springsteen,

In an effort to engage the Gosling on his blog, I left a comment back on Day Five (the "Craters of the Moon" entry). I think it may have been unwittingly overlooked...

(Or deliberately ignored if you warned him in advance that it was me.) ;)

• Like 1

Is it cool if we take him to Hooter's once you guys get in Goatnut?

Just sayin'

:hail:

Tomb, I figured you had Hooter's in your backyard with the bs reason "Really, I just go for the wings" ready for anyone that asked why you liked going so often. :LOL:

Actually, they need to change the name of this location to "Skanks"

No, the place whose name needs to be changed to Skanks is Twin Peaks. Now that place is just foul, and not just for 34 degrees piss water beer. You want Skank-o- Rama, that's the place.

• Like 1

Just sayin'

Tomb, I figured you had Hooter's in your backyard with the bs reason "Really, I just go for the wings" ready for anyone that asked why you liked going so often. :LOL:

No, the place whose name needs to be changed to Skanks is Twin Peaks. Now that place is just foul, and not just for 34 degrees piss water beer. You want Skank-o- Rama, that's the place.

I thought Twin Peaks was kind of nice, relatively speaking. The skanky place by me was the Tilted Kilt. Most of the girls were all tatted up. Nasty. :(
  • Like 1

It's been a blast so far! Got into Chicago (Inverness) today. Gonna see ILSnowdog tomorrow.

Also need to catch up on the blog... :)

Soon, you'll be able to tell LedRush just how awesome Chicago Deep Dish pizza is! :haz:
  • Like 3

Here's Day Eight, in which the Lad and I visit Yellowstone and Buffalo Bill parks. Wyoming is really an incredible state. So much wildlife. I had no idea just how plentiful the pronghorns were. And Yellowstone is a national treasure, of course. You'll see how close we got to Bison (in the car). I was amazed at how willing some tourists were to put themselves at risk with wildlife. Just yards away from being trampled/gored to death...or cooked in boiling calderas. I'll stick to enjoying the beauty at a safe distance!

https://toddontheroa...al-buffalo.html

20160926_100402.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 9

Goose Springsteen,

In an effort to engage the Gosling on his blog, I left a comment back on Day Five (the "Craters of the Moon" entry). I think it may have been unwittingly overlooked...

(Or deliberately ignored if you warned him in advance that it was me.) ;)

I'll go back and check! Thanks for the heads-up!
  • Like 1

Here's Day Eight, in which the Lad and I visit Yellowstone and Buffalo Bill parks. Wyoming is really an incredible state. So much wildlife. I had no idea just how plentiful the pronghorns were. And Yellowstone is a national treasure, of course. You'll see how close we got to Bison (in the car). I was amazed at how willing some tourists were to put themselves at risk with wildlife. Just yards away from being trampled/gored to death...or cooked in boiling calderas. I'll stick to enjoying the beauty at a safe distance!

https://toddontheroa...al-buffalo.html

20160926_100402.jpg

Our family loved the bison and Norris geyser basin during a long ago trip to Yellowstone. So glad you got to see both! I always thought Norris looked cool and prehistoric, like the kind of place a dinosaur could walk out and look at home!

• Like 1

Just sayin'

I've always wanted to open a chain of restaurants like Hooters, but for the ladies. I'm going to call it Peckers. ;)
  • Like 3